« Bobcats must gauge of Wallace at power forward | Main | Time to find out Felton's ideal role »

February 24, 2008

Brezec rips into Vincent

Primoz Brezec, unplugged.

Bobcats_heat_basketball

The former Charlotte Bobcat – since traded to Detroit and then Toronto – vented some frustration about his last season here under coach Sam Vincent, in an interview with Toronto’s Globe and Mail newspaper.

"Sam Vincent, he changed it up," Brezec said. "He wanted to go more run-and-gun. I have no problem with that, I can run three days in a row. But I think I set a record in the NBA; out of 50 games (actually 18) I started, I didn’t get the ball, I didn’t get a shot off.

"So I was like, ‘You know what, Sam? You don’t need me, you don’t like me and I don’t like you, so get me out of here.’ And see how they’re doing this year?"

I can’t say I’m surprised. About a week before he was traded, I had a long interview with Brezec after practice. He was careful not to burn ties, but he couldn’t hide his frustration with how Vincent played him – or didn’t play him.

Like a lot of Bobcats, Brezec had an intense loyalty to former coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff. It’s been rough for some of these guys, adjusting to a very different coach, as far as rotations and personality.

Posted by Observer Sports on February 24, 2008 at 03:38 PM | Permalink

Comments

Is this guy even playing in Detroit?
how can he complain about touches, when he did touch the ball nothing happened.

Posted by: Brian Robinson | Feb 24, 2008 4:10:41 PM

Yeah...nothing happened when he touched the ball 04-05: 31.6 MPG, 13.0 PPG, 7.3 RPG
05-06: 27.5 MPG, 12.4 PPG, 5.6 RPG

An overlooked part of Sam Vincent's failings as a coach will be his inability to properly use the players on his roster to construct a system that wins. See Herrmann, Walter; Brezec, Primoz; and Dudley, Jared.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 24, 2008 4:48:10 PM

With Wallace's injury, is there a chance the NBA will grant us an injury exemption to get a guy in on a 10-day contract? That brings us to three.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 24, 2008 4:54:08 PM

Thank you Bobcats for being an absolute disgrace!

Posted by: Shaq | Feb 24, 2008 5:00:49 PM

I'm an Aussie so I only get to watch four maybe five select games a week and I have been extremely disappointed that there have been NO Bobcats games shown given that Crash is one of my favourite players....my desire to see a Bobcats game has severely waned since the start of the season due to one man and his ongoing contradictions, selling out of his players in front of the media, and apparent incompetence as a coach.

Until MJ sacks fatboy Vincent, I no longer care about the Cats... sorry G-Wall.

Posted by: Foxy | Feb 24, 2008 5:25:55 PM

Yet more evidence of Vincent's incompetence.

Posted by: James Reed | Feb 24, 2008 5:27:05 PM

Some of us pointed out that Vincent had next to no experience actually running an NBA roster and, in fact, had very little in the way of responsibility for decisions in his past.

This franchise is gonna have to win a lottery to get to .500.

Posted by: JAT | Feb 24, 2008 5:36:46 PM

Sam needs to go.

Posted by: DanCat | Feb 24, 2008 5:43:04 PM

Brezec is just frustrated because he is riding the bench and is incapable of contributing anything more than 6 fouls. Vincent has made a lot of mistakes, but Primo does not have the credentials to publicly bash him.

When Primo was in the game, he wasn't doing anything and he was a defensive liability. These pro athletes rarely allow themselves to do any kind of self-reflection. If Primo kept it real with himself, he would realize that he was the main reason he didn't get the ball. Vincent played a role in that, but he definitely wasn't the main reason.

Posted by: Token | Feb 24, 2008 5:55:43 PM

If he is implying that the Bobcats are playing so bad this year because he is gone, he is just being stupid. This team wouldn't be any better with him. Vincent is the main reason this team is getting blown out in games.

Posted by: Q? | Feb 24, 2008 6:10:30 PM

Primo was horrible last year and this year. It was great we got rid of Primo and added Nazr. Clearly the team this year has more talent and fewer key injuries than last year, (Knight, Omeka, Wallace) but we are on a pace to win the same number of games.

Kind of makes you appreciate Bickerstaff more.

Posted by: FtMillBobcat | Feb 24, 2008 6:59:20 PM

While Brezec doesn't really have the creditbility to say all the things he said in this interview because he's been sorry the last couple of years, ironic enough, his comments are 100% correct!

I am not surprises at all, and the comment about the team supporting Bernie is absolutely spot on as well. Just look at the production the team gave Bernie during his 3 years with the 'Cats. This is Sam's first with the Bobcats with a MUCH BETTER roster and the same players that've played together since inception, yet we aren't even close to attaining a better record and production.

This only signals Vincent's inability to coach on this level, and worse yet, he's only confusing these players more and more, until there will be one day, all of these players' skills and desire will be washed away for good. Every year since inception, just about every Bobcats' starting roster has increased his production and stats. This year? I can't think of anyone doing that except for G.Wallace, yet the only thing he's done is up his scoring average. Other than that, EVERYONE regressed, and you can all thank Sam Vincent for that. Oh yea, the management is to blame for this one too....Sam Vincent should have been fired months ago!

Posted by: Ken | Feb 24, 2008 8:51:02 PM

Bonnell,

It's apparent that no one believes in Sam Vincent. Give us the inside word on his expiration date.

Posted by: CAN SAM | Feb 24, 2008 9:19:27 PM

Let's face it, Brezec and many others are on to something. Vincent should be fired. Not only has this team digressed but they have stunk it up on a regular basis. The coach has shown he has no clue what he's doing, not knowing which line up to play or where to play who. The team which showed promise last year looks like we need to rebuild again after this one. Fire SAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Paul | Feb 24, 2008 10:17:14 PM

Posted by: Paul | Feb 24, 2008 10:22:27 PM

Heyz guyz, sorryz aboutz myz commentz. US and A numberz 1z

Posted by: Primoz Brezec | Feb 25, 2008 12:51:48 AM

Procton, when will you ever shut the hell up about Brezec? You are still pulling out stats from over 3 seasons ago. If he's so great and Vincent is the reason he now sucks, explain his FIVE points and THREE rebounds a game last season under Bickerstaff? What's your deal with this guy and your man crush on him? He's the most pathetic NBA starter I've ever seen in my life. Maybe you should have driven down from Winston and attended even 1 Bobcats game the past 2 seasons instead of sitting in your mom's basement pulling stats from 3 years ago. You would have seen how bad this guy now sucks. Keep living in the past and sucking this guy's @ss though. Pathetic.

Posted by: Proctonsprostate | Feb 25, 2008 7:15:28 AM

Primo just went 5 for 5 for the Raptors yesterday!

Posted by: J | Feb 25, 2008 8:28:50 AM

Wow. You know what they say about the sun shining on a dog's ass. Wouldn't expect to see that happen again. Ever.

Posted by: K | Feb 25, 2008 8:58:45 AM

What can I say, Brezec is my all time favorite NBA player. He is, and always will be, a dominate big man in the Eastern Conference. I've been saying it for years.

Oh and I would totally hook up with this man if he would let me.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 25, 2008 9:00:12 AM

If a player is glued to the bench, what is wrong with a little honesty by telling the coach he's not happy. Obviously the coach didn't like Brezec, he in turn didn't like the coach, so he asked for a trade. I think that should happen more often, why keep a player buried on the bench who isn't happy?

As for Sam Vincent, he's just like any other coach. Judge him on the team's record, effort, and performance. I think that speaks for itself.

Posted by: Ronnie | Feb 25, 2008 9:15:32 AM

Let me start by saying i'm not a cats fan and don't watch enough of your games to know whats gone wrong but can anyone answer this for me how does w. hermann not find any playing time on the bobcats?

Go Raps!!

Posted by: kr | Feb 25, 2008 9:40:20 AM

This is just another blunder by Bobcats ownership. They had a chance to bring in an experienced head coach w/some NBA credentials but they passed. Vincent was a cheap hire & is MJ's buddy. Sad to say the rest of the candidates were not seriously considered, it was just a show knowing all along that Vincent was getting the gig. Then they tried the promotion of "positioning themselves for the playoffs" with a coach w/1 year of bench experience and wasn't even the lead assistant. MJ claims he was looking for the next Avery Johnson. Well I guess while MJ was partying he failed to remember that Don Nelson put Avery in a position to:
A)run the practices
B)get valuable gametime coaching experience.

These things Sam never had the chance to do, he just stepped right into the head coaching spot. Sad to say they will be hard-pressed to match last year's win total. Bob & MJ need to sell off this team and Sam needs to go. I think they should seriously considering bringing back Paul Silas.

Posted by: Keith | Feb 25, 2008 9:42:27 AM

Brezec's bad numbers last year could be explained by playing in the NBA as well as internationally for 3 straight year, but overall Procton still thinks he is way better than he is. I mean Brezec isn't even good! He's horrible, he's soft, and players around the league know it.

Posted by: Q? | Feb 25, 2008 10:11:20 AM

SCAM VINCENT!!!!!

Posted by: Elliott | Feb 25, 2008 10:47:35 AM

Primoz is horrible, but he is 100% right about Vincent. Sam is a fool who has no idea what he is doing. Sad thing is he is killing this team at the most important time. The team needs fans and he is driving them away. FIRE VINCENT immediately. I cannot renew my tickets if this is the direction the team is going to go.

MJ, please admit you made a mistake and fire Sam now. Our season is gone, we are not going to make the playoffs. Show the fans you are serious and FIRE SAM NOW!

Posted by: UNHAPPY_fan | Feb 25, 2008 11:13:48 AM

This board is tough! I think Sam has done an outstanding job. If I step down from coaching next year, Sam would be at the top of the list of candidates I would choose to follow in my footsteps.

Keep up the good work Sam!

Posted by: Isaiah Thomas | Feb 25, 2008 11:22:16 AM

I hope bonnell can recognize me writing to him personally, I told you how this team would be and will be for another year. becasue of team chemistry. You have to have it to win. Lets see, Detroit (billups, wallace, prince, hamilton) San Antonio (Duncan, parker, ginobli -6th man of the year-). Even teams like Golden St. bought into it right away when Steven Jackson came over. Then Boston with the three biggest clutch players in the game being put on the same team.

You can tell this team doesnt have guys that will buy into the system and Sam got rid of the glue and guts guys that did. Primo-a foreign 7' that can hit the mid range, Hermann-another big man from over seas that actually shoots a high percentage from the NBA three and gets to the glass, Knight-a veteran pass first pg that we are now in the pool swimming around looking for. THEN OF COURSE my favorite ALAN ANDERSON, one of the best young on the ball defenders mid range jump shot, range out the NBA 3, can guard the 1 - 3 positions, quickest first step in the nation, and the best one on one taking to the hole in the last seconds of the shot clock when the game is on the line skill. Oh yeah he shoots free throws at about 85% too.

But yeah, you haters are right, you too BONNELL, why would you want a guy like on your team. Yeah just get enough guys who can jack up shoots and no guys who do the small things and you should win.

You should lobby for ALAN bonnell other wise good luck, until next time, Holla!!!

*And be one the look out for my next Documentary entitled "Game 2: Changing the Game" Alan's follow up documentary to the first on I did. Peep the trailer if you dare!!!

Posted by: T-Dub | Feb 25, 2008 12:06:14 PM

Think some of you should read this.. Yup.. It's the same Brezec...

Posted by: NS | Feb 25, 2008 12:08:48 PM

robertcats= when u sell-out a city for a billionaire after the public VOTED NO!ye.... gets what ye sows: no public support from the bread givers,and a team with no coaching...why don't u try mj,could it b worse? the bobcat arena is a pink pig in waiting...and the wait is getting shorter....ex:the economy uhm..let's c bobcats game or bingo. i bet the people would vote BINGO!i worked with the hornets during ups and downs..HORNETS did show excitement....remember alonzo's shot in play-offs to beat Boston..it don't get much better. worked with cats a brief while 2 words..no class trying to pay millionaire salaries with employee pay cuts and no incentives. bobcats... is that some sort of joke?

Posted by: michael d.fowler | Feb 25, 2008 3:57:57 PM

I wish that the concussion Gerald Wallace received would happen to all current and former Kings - Viva La Lakers!!

Posted by: I Love LA | Feb 25, 2008 5:50:47 PM

We need to start the Fire Vincent chants at the arena. Not because of Primoz....he doesn't matter. Compare this team to last year in terms of effort. Basically the same team PLUS JRich. No effort has to be blamed on the coach.

Posted by: morrison | Feb 25, 2008 6:21:44 PM

Brezec can say what he wants but it's not like he was the player who could save the Bobcats and get them to the playoffs.

Posted by: Tyler | Feb 25, 2008 7:07:31 PM

Im all with bringing Paul Silas back to the Queen City. I feel that the Sam DENSEnt hiring was a good move, but also a bad idea. I think it would be a lot different if Sam would show that he actually cares about the team and stop blaming everyone else. I was always taught to make sure YOUR porch is clean, before you try to clean someone elses...and thats exactly what Sam is doing. I dont think he has sat down and evaluated himself..just his coworkers. But let me leave on this...FIRE SAMS ASS and BRING IN PAUL SILAS...-Chan

Posted by: CHAN | Feb 25, 2008 8:25:42 PM

Face facts. It doesn't take an all-star, and Primoz will definitely never be one, to recognize the the incompentent coaching of Sam Vincent. Sam lost the respect of the players a while back and he is not going to get it back...ever. Please put everyone out of their misery and get Bernie back to finish the season.

Posted by: RoyFan | Feb 25, 2008 9:00:01 PM

I like the idea of chanting FIRE SAM at games but i think a better way to get attention wouod be to boycott the games until SAM IS FIRED!! I'm a season ticket holder and I will not return until Vincent is canned...please join me. Lets fight to make this right.

All season ticket holders....please boycott the games until Sam is gone! We need to make our voices heard. Vincent is not qualified to coach my son's youth league team. If your tickets are up this year, do not renew them until a change is made.

Posted by: BOYCOTT | Feb 25, 2008 10:49:38 PM

I'll join the boycott. Anyone else in? Come on, lets do this!!!!

I want to support the players, but they will thank us if we succeed. They can barely conceal their contempt for this buffoon. FIRE VINCENT and then we will come back.

Posted by: jeffG | Feb 25, 2008 11:11:55 PM

Boycott the games? Hasn't that movement been going on for three or four years now?

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 26, 2008 2:12:25 AM

Who cares? The team sucks.

Posted by: LeeL | Feb 26, 2008 10:38:03 AM

Instead of picking on my favorite player : Sean "WHOA MOMMA...SLOW DOWN...I NEED TO SAVE ROOM FOR DESERT" May, a couple comments on the blogs:
1. Get rid of Vincent. Wont happen. Jordan wont allow it. Not yet at least
2. I agree...MJ is spending way too much time out of touch with the team. Hd of B-Ball Ops is a 14 hour a day job 7 days a week. Most who do it...its there ONLY job. Instead, on All Star weekend end we see MJ in a 60 Minutes Interview touting Nike. Spend 60 minutes with the TEAM Michael...$10mm investment or not...our probs start and end with MJ and an owner who doesnt know how to manage an icon. Not SV...he's just a victum in a series of poor executions.
3. Finally...instead of boycotting the team...lets do something productive. Boycott Procton! Dont use his name in blogs. Dont respond to his sociopathic, Brezac lovin, outdated stats and new found radiopathic comments. Just simply boycott so we can keep these blogs interesting and productive. If you cant do that...then I would suggest we take up a collection to buy a courtside routisserie placed near the team bench and tunnel so the fresh smell of hickory smoked hocks will help poor Sean "Baby-back" May stay awake and look like he's focused on the game and his teammates.

Posted by: mike | Feb 26, 2008 12:43:02 PM

I hated Primoz while he was here. After reading this, he may be a lot smarter than I gave him credit for. In fact... Primoz for Head Coach 2008-09

Posted by: Brian K | Feb 26, 2008 1:19:33 PM

Boy you sure guys do have a hard on for getting rid of Vincent after less than 1 year. I can only assume its because you're a bunch of idiots.

Ok so you don't like how the Bobcats are run, but honestly, you're siding with PRIMOZ BREZEC???? Are you serious? Ok maybe the Bobcats don't make great personnel decisions. But getting rid of Brezec was the right move.

Here is some perspective: The Detroit Pistons have made it to the Eastern Conference Finals the last 4 seasons, and they won a title in one of those years. They are a well run franchise. Well run enough to know within a month of getting Brezec that they were willing to pay cash for Toronto to take him off their hands.

Man I wish there was a different mascot than the Bobcats for this team. Something to describe the fans. Shortsighted, idiotic, hasty, dumb, something to describe those qualities.

Posted by: Bobcats Fans Are Complete Idiots | Feb 26, 2008 1:51:51 PM

You could find a better player walking around the streets of Charlotte. Brezec is horrible and the most unathletic player I have ever seen in the NBA. Give Vincent sometime, a lottery pick and Adam Morrison back and the Bobcats will be in the playoffs next year.

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 26, 2008 4:29:53 PM

they want gerald wallace to become a less rough player when his injury had nothing to do with his style of play. any body that would of been standing next to mikki moore would of had that injury.

Posted by: df | Feb 26, 2008 5:16:17 PM

Yeah, Patrick...most people on the street could average 8-4 in less than 20 minutes per game in their NBA career. It's a wonder you aren't an NBA GM.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 26, 2008 5:27:38 PM

Guys,

Why don't you take your negative comments and shove it? Don't you know how hard it is to come to work every day as it is? Yes, I understand we have totally f**ked up this franchise - marketing, broadcasting, PR, drafting, trades, coach, etc. - but give us a break! I know we weren't humble and asked anybody any advice before we swooped into Charlotte and expected you all to love us. Yeah, and you guys let us know all the time that our owners and managers live in another city. SO WHAT! SO WHAT if we lose and make dumb decisions! WE ARE THE NBA. I WORK FOR THE NBA and we deserve respect and loyalty. BELIEVE ME, we will ultimately make a decision, some decision, to move this franchise forward. Trust me. Give us a break! We're a young team!

Posted by: Bobcats Employee | Feb 26, 2008 5:38:06 PM

why don't you just shut the hell up procton you smart ass. you want me to kick you in your little junk?

Posted by: Proctonsfoot | Feb 26, 2008 5:59:28 PM

Primo is a no talent stiff ... the only thing he has going for him is a hot wife....

the guy should NOT be in the NBA ... take his slow game over to Siberia

I am mad at the bobcats for not making that trade with the hornets a few years ago...imagine CHRIS PAUL coulda been a bobcat!! Instead we over-valued some fat kid from UNC

Posted by: Scott | Feb 26, 2008 10:26:32 PM

Remember, though, Scott...Sean May is SELLING TICKETS!!!

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 27, 2008 1:37:14 AM

Procton, you post the same #@%t over and over. Primoz blows & if you polled most players in the NBA they would agree that he is soft. The only reason he is in the NBA is because he had a decent shot and is 7'1". Other than that he doesn't offer much. There is a reason that he got traded twice in 1 season!

PS Sean May wasn't drafted to sell tickets. He was drafted because he was a dominant player in college. He showed what he can be if he could get his knees healthy vs Orl on 12/14/07 when he destroyed Dwight Howard. If he isn't rehabing then he deserves the crap he is getting, otherwise leave the guy alone. Nothing is going to change with his status in the eyes of the public until he is on the court again.

Posted by: Shut up Procton! | Feb 27, 2008 2:48:52 AM

Trust me dude, I'm just eating and getting fatter, and hitting up the bars around downtown Charlotte looking down on all you common folk losers. The NBA...its FATtastic!!!

Posted by: Sean May Not | Feb 27, 2008 7:21:32 AM

You know it really bothers me that a man of Michael Jordans one of a kind basketball talent cannot construct a team that can utilize everyones individual talents. Being that the Bulls where constructed this way. The Bobcats do have talent. They play out of position and they don't utilize the strengths of each player. Raymond Felton is a point guard not a 2. Mcginnis is not a starter in this league. Meka is a Power Forward not a Center. Crash is a Small forward not a 4. Simple things are made so hard with this team.

Posted by: MoveMe | Feb 27, 2008 8:19:12 AM

MoveMe, I couldn't agree more. We have to, have to, have to get another coach. Unfortunately we are stuck with the current ownership/management. Such is life. I can only hope that MJ will admit mistakes, make changes and move on. I can dream can't I?

Posted by: apauldds | Feb 27, 2008 9:43:48 AM

MoveMe, you're right and Vincent is the one making those decisions to not utilize players correctly. His inability to find Herrmann playing time was absurd too!!!

I know MJ and management hired Vincent, but I still see Vincent as the problem.

Posted by: Q? | Feb 27, 2008 10:10:12 AM

It maybe soon that Jordan may do that. Because on meet the media day when Vincent was hired.(Go back and see it) Sam stated that Jordan and Bernie would do what they had to do to get this team in the right direction and they let him know that. Vigorously... No regressing. If that including getting rid of him if he wasnt getting the job done. Lets see if that holds true. Sam knew his time and effort here was going to be looked at under a microscope.

Posted by: Bobcat Fan | Feb 27, 2008 11:40:43 AM

Are you really going to try to defend the pick of that lazy fatass by citing ONE GAME? How about the 76% of possible games played that he will have missed since he entered the league at the end of this season? He may have been a dominant player in college, but he was also out of shape then and already had back and knee problems because of it. Nobody has questioned his ability when he's on the court. It's that he has never shown the drive or desire to maintain the proper physical conditioning to put himself there that has drawn the ire of myself and other Bobcats fans. If a player the likes of Michael Jordan (and I think we can agree Sean May is NO Michael Jordan) was only getting on the court an average of 19 games a year, it still wouldn't be worth having him, and you'd certainly hope his team would try and unload him and his salary as soon as possible. The Bobcats, though, extended Sean May's contract a FULL YEAR earlier than they needed to, leaving us stuck with a walking(ish) injury problem at $2.6 mil.

You're right about Brezec, though. There is a reason he got traded twice. As a player with an expiring contract, he is an extremely valuable commodity with regards to roster and financial flexibility. And what did we get for two of these players, both with skill and proven success? Nazr Mohammed, or "How I learned to stop worrying about making moves that make financial sense and love a player who costs $6.2 mil a year who only gives 10 and 7 and can't play more than 25 minutes per night."

MoveMe, the Bobcats have moved players out of position TO take advantage of their strengths. Felton's strengths are driving the basket (well, I guess that's only one strength, but I digress.) One of his major weaknesses is running an offense, so taking him off the ball was the right move. Of course, Jeff McInnis shouldn't be a starter on a good team, but since we got rid of Brevin Knight, he's our best option (if you're not going to use Derek Anderson, which they should.) Size-wise, Emeka may be best suited to be a center, but since he lacks athleticism and perimeter defensive skills, it makes sense to leave him in the post because he can't match up with 4s with a perimeter game (Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison, Chris Bosh, Shawn Marion, Kevin Garnett, Rasheed Wallace, etc.) Gerald Wallace may also be a natural 3, but he's just as much of a tweener because of his post play abilities. He can play defense in the post very well for his size, and he outquicks anybody on him at that position.

And finally, Bobcat fan, as for avoiding regression: it's too late.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 27, 2008 1:33:21 PM

Hey Procton, say you're head of operations. You can't undo the past. Where do we go from here?

Posted by: apauldds | Feb 27, 2008 4:03:32 PM

I'll save Procton the first response....we take Sean "DAMN these size 56 pants feel goooood!" May and we auction him off to any of the SE Asia starving countries for the highest bid. My guess is S Korea going to be "eatin' good" for quite a while....

Posted by: Mike | Feb 27, 2008 4:28:33 PM

Sam was never the right guy for the job. Instead of chanting Sam must go how bout Jordan must go. Jordan is the cancer of this organization and he needs to be removed.

Posted by: Russell | Feb 27, 2008 6:35:28 PM

Primoz rocks... Toronto to the finals baby

Posted by: hmmm | Feb 27, 2008 7:41:36 PM

We do everything we can to jettison Sean May and Othella Harrington. They are proven non-contributors. We add a point guard (a veteran, preferably) whose strengths include actually running an offense, not just fancy passing on a break (though that's certainly not a bad thing in and of itself.) We look to add a more polished big with some athleticism. Jermareo Davidson shows some promise to be a rotation player in the future (more than Ryan Hollins ever has), but he's just too raw. This would give us a much better post combo than any we have currently (Mohammed)...sadly, May might just have been able to fill this role if he were ever able to stay healthy. Beyond that, we find a coach who actually knows what he's doing. I don't know if that's Larry Brown or not, but I do know that every team he's coached has been better after he left than when he came. Finally, if I'm head of ALL operations, I find somebody to buy out Bob Johnson who knows about marketing more than cash, hoez, drumlines, and bling bling. That don't fly in Charlotte, as evidenced by the awful attendance.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 27, 2008 10:26:05 PM

well thank the lord you aren't head of anything at all procton. the world would be one big statistical nightmare.
i'm always amused at how you allow hatred of a person to cloud your judgment...a self proclaimed genius like yourself should never permit this. so you are saying Davidson is a better post player/option that Mohammed. That is top 10 one of the most ignorant things you've ever said, and that's a tough list to crack. Regardless of how bad you hate Mohammed, he is a much better player than nbdl Davidson.
Stick to the panthers blogs Girl Procton, you have too much hate to post worthwhile opinions on here.

Posted by: Proctonlover | Feb 28, 2008 1:31:11 AM

Welcome to the Bobbies board, Princess. My point was not that Davidson is a better player than Mohammed or anything like it. When evaluting them, it IS important to note that Davidson's salary is approximately 7.5% of Mohammed's this year and 11% next year. My point was that Davidson shows the rangy athleticism that looks good next to a player like Emeka Okafor, whose lack of quickness and athleticism limits the Bobcats on post options. Let's go back and read (I know that must be a struggle for you given your apparent intellectual void.) I said "This would give us a much better post combo than any we have currently." The 'this' referred to my statement a mere two sentences before that the team "look to add a more polished big with some athleticism." Further, when I labeled Davidson a rotation player, it strikes me that you should have understood I know his upside is limited. If you're really going to whine about all my "hate", you should note the fact that I praised Sean May somewhat despite the fact that that lazy tub of lard is among my least liked players in any sport, anywhere.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 28, 2008 2:19:44 AM

well at least we can all agree that Okafor is garbage! the guy has ZERO low post offensive moves.
and of course we can all agree that Sean May is horrible. keep eating Sean.

Posted by: anon | Feb 28, 2008 7:48:17 AM

I think the players quit listening to coach V long ago. Look at last night's horiffic game. Bernie would have at least motivated the guys to play hard after Jrich went down. Instead we let the f***in Nicks score at will. It's become so depressing it makes me miss Alan Bristow.

Posted by: apauldds | Feb 28, 2008 8:17:54 AM

Yeah, anon...that's why he's shooting 52% for the year and 48% for his career...absolutely terrible.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 28, 2008 8:37:17 AM

OWNERSHIP! That's where it starts and where it should stop. Bob Johnson was in over his head from day one and his front office on down is nothign but a group of people just shaking their collective heads at how stupid the guys at the top are. I know because I know people on the inside.

Posted by: Dude | Feb 28, 2008 10:58:03 AM

why do people post under my name.

Posted by: michael Procton | Feb 28, 2008 3:36:07 PM

I admit I do not know anything about basketball. David Stern justed game me a team because of the color of my skin. I really pulled one over didn't I? I got a free place for my high school players to play.
I brought MJ in to try and win some support from you people. It has not worked. I wish things would get better so that I could sell this crappy team and recover my investment.

Oh yeah I want to sell to a minority. I only support minority businesses. I have an address in Charlotte but I would not live here if you gave me a free place. Oh yeah you suckers already did. My unnamed gym.

Posted by: Bob Johnson | Feb 28, 2008 8:56:25 PM

When people say that racism is dead I should invite them to Charlotte Observer Bobcats page and show them that racism is alive and well!

Posted by: joshuavbarr | Feb 29, 2008 11:17:07 AM

What a silly article today about how limited we'll be in free agency this year. Doesn't the author realize we already got our steal in NAZR MOHAMMED??? His All-NBA production has shown that he's worth every penny of the $6 mil+ he's going to get for the next three seasons. Good thing we "haven't overpaid."

Posted by: Michael Procton | Feb 29, 2008 12:38:11 PM

1) PROCTON SHUT UP!!!!!

2) McInnis is GONE!!

Posted by: YFREUIWO | Feb 29, 2008 6:08:42 PM

Brezec is a force to be reckoned with. Last night versus the Bobcats, he scored 4 points and had 4 fouls in 11 minutes. Good job filling in for the injured Bosh, Primoz!

PS: Have you ripped the Pistons for not playing you and trading you? It only took them 2 weeks to realize you were trash. BYE!

Posted by: Proctard | Mar 3, 2008 6:09:28 PM

Goodbye to Brezec and McGinnis..........now my only question for MJ is, "When is Sam getting the boot?" He has damaged the morale and entire Bobcats organization with his very vocale media comments about the players. NO CLASS

Posted by: Marla | Mar 4, 2008 8:52:20 AM

Get rid of:

1. MJ and his untalented cronies
2. Johnson - he's detested in our town.
3. May - unless he shows a commitment to get into shape by losing about 50 pounds.
4. Vincent - this poor guy is WAY in over his head.

Market the heck out of JRich, Wallace, and any others who consistently play with heart and hustle.

Bring in an intelligent coach who understands the NBA game and also is not afraid to utilize players like Carroll to teach players how to make free throws. How many games have we lost because marginal athletes can't make free throws?

Look outside of NC for draft choices.

Ask some of the minority owners like BofA and Wachovia who the incompetent front office employees are.

Posted by: Barack | Mar 4, 2008 10:03:54 AM

Raptors fan here --- for all those Brezec fans on this board, sorry to tell you, but he was brought in as a spare part. Even with bosh injured, he is behind 3 other centres on the depth chart and likely will get less floor time than in Detroit.

Your real loss was Walter Hermann, that guy was a good player who never got the playing time he deserved with the Bobcats. Nazr is overrated

Posted by: TO Raps fan | Mar 4, 2008 12:53:02 PM

The main reason why we stink this year is because Sean May and Adam Morrison are injured, and J-Rich and Wallace keep getting hurt. Vincent has done a bad jobthough, but we are screwed. The Hornets were horrible without Chris Paul and now with him, they are one of the best teams in the 10 team deep West. Portland will make the playoffs. If we drafted Chris Paul, we would be the one that would have had one of the best records of the Eastern Conference, and that's why my name is Jose Montoya!

Posted by: Jose Montoya | Mar 5, 2008 1:53:57 AM