« Bobcats on right roster track? | Main | Morrison's hair not a stinker »

October 28, 2008

Morrison's long hair is no more

1029morrisonafter      The ’stache is still the ’stache, but the rest of Adam Morrison’s distinctive look is on some barber’s floor.

He showed up at practice Tuesday (right) with a brush cut, which means the ponytail that draped well down his back (see the 'before' picture below) is no more.

Morrison left practice without talking to reporters about the radical change in look, but his teammates and coaches were happy to comment.

1029jimcarrey Best line: Jared Dudley saying Morrison now looks like Jim Carrey in "Cable Guy," pictured at left.

Morrison’s look is so different that assistant coach Jeff Capel briefly mistook Morrison for the new guy, forward Linton Johnson. Another assistant, Dave Hanners, theatrically fell out of a chair at the sight of the new Morrison.

"I told him now he’s got to get rid of that nasty mustache," said teammate Sean May. "Then he’s ready to go."

1029morrisonbefore

Posted by Observer Sports on October 28, 2008 at 03:16 PM | Permalink

Comments

Maybe he'll be lighter & faster now. Maybe the hair didn't let him shoot well. Actually, I think Larry Brown requested the change so that he might be more attractive to other teams.

A trade should be on the way!!!!!

Posted by: RobC | Oct 28, 2008 3:58:37 PM

hah! i hope ammo had a good response to may's comment. something like "i think you should get rid of that excess fat"

Posted by: bobcatz | Oct 28, 2008 4:07:18 PM

RobC, you're probably right about the "lighter and faster" part.

I played the game, and I was always better with a buzz cut. It makes a difference when your hair is not falling into your eyes, since basketball is a game of split-second reations and deadeye vision. Also, with less hair you don't overheat so much.

My only concern is that Adam was doing so well with the ponytail pulled back from the face. We'll see. The 'Stache knows that he has something to prove. He ain't playin' around.

Posted by: DeLaQuest | Oct 28, 2008 4:40:47 PM

Darling don't you go and cut your hair, do you think it's gonna make him change? I'm just a boy with a new haircut (and it's a pretty nice haircut)!

Posted by: Steven Malkmus | Oct 28, 2008 5:06:08 PM

Nice Pavement reference

Posted by: Omar | Oct 28, 2008 6:04:44 PM

Always good to see a fellow skinhead baller.

Posted by: Bro D. | Oct 28, 2008 6:18:01 PM

I heard through the grapevine that he was tired of being described as Kid Rock's second cousin.

Posted by: BadGenius | Oct 28, 2008 6:51:27 PM

New hair. New season. New outlook. I like it.

Posted by: Clay | Oct 28, 2008 7:19:23 PM

He's halfway to getting endorsements now... Adam: help your agent help you and shave the stash.

Posted by: JB | Oct 28, 2008 7:42:53 PM

Wow I bet we will make the playoffs this year. Oh yeah that's what I said last year.

Posted by: kevin | Oct 28, 2008 8:23:12 PM

Is this the return of Lieutenant Dan?

Posted by: Bo | Oct 28, 2008 8:41:14 PM

I still remember the furious competitor from college. I believe the competitor is still there. It takes a while to learn the NBA and he was hurt last year. Morrison is going to sneak up on some people and I hope he stays with the Bobcats.

Posted by: scott | Oct 28, 2008 9:21:43 PM

He seems a little eccentric but I like this guy. I hope he and Sean May can make a nice comeback this year.

Posted by: Rob | Oct 28, 2008 9:50:03 PM

Who's Sean May?

Posted by: who? | Oct 28, 2008 10:10:43 PM

I think he looks great! Very, very cute!

Posted by: Ang | Oct 28, 2008 10:15:45 PM

different hair, same old douchebag. spoiled overpaid brat.

Posted by: george | Oct 28, 2008 10:27:16 PM

What a nice change.

Posted by: GLO | Oct 28, 2008 11:01:44 PM

FINALLY! I could not sit through an entire Bobcats game last season without commenting on how sloppy, lazy and generally awful Adam Morrison looked sitting on the bench. His long, barely washed hair, cheap ill-fitting suits and college boy slouch just made me shake my head in disgust.

The haircut is only the first step of many that are needed to improve Adam Morrison's public image. Others would include: Get rid of the mustache, spend some of that contract $$ on some tailored clothes, stand up straight and for godsakes, smile and look like you are enjoying what you are doing for a living!

Posted by: ladycat | Oct 29, 2008 8:26:10 AM

George...you sound a little bitter. Better work on that before it festers. They're ALL spoiled and overpaid. It's the NBA!

Who?...Who's Sean May INDEED. I still don't understand why he's still on the roster. He has done nothing for the Bobcats in how many years/seasons?

As far as Adam's new do...good for him. He no longer looks like a clone of Charles Manson.

Posted by: EJC | Oct 29, 2008 8:26:34 AM

lc, what's the guy supposed to look like when he's forced to take a year off from the game he loves to undergo a painful and grueling rehab process? Would you prefer him to have followed Sean May's outlook, happy as a pig in mud to gladhand front-row patrons and collect millions because he was too fat for his joints to sustain his body weight?

Posted by: Michael Procton | Oct 29, 2008 1:10:24 PM

Maybe with less hair he'll be as fast as Reggie Bush!!

Posted by: Fidarski | Oct 29, 2008 1:10:34 PM