« Diaw, Bell to start tonight | Main | Diaw offers glimpses of potential »

December 14, 2008

Wallace's father passes away

It's been a rough time personally for Gerald Wallace, and that might again impact his availability for a game this week.

Gerald lost his grandmother last week, causing him to miss the three-game road trip to Miami, New Orleans and Dallas.

Now I'm told his father has passed away. Services are Wednesday and Thursday in Alabama.

Bobcats spokesman B.J. Evans says Gerald might miss Tuesday's home game against the Chicago Bulls, as a result.

Posted by Observer Sports on December 14, 2008 at 09:13 AM | Permalink

Comments

wow..thats a lot to go through in a week...my thoughts go out to gerald and his family

Posted by: Bobcat Matt | Dec 14, 2008 9:56:19 AM

I'm cannot even pretend to know what he is going through right now. I will pray for him and his family.

Posted by: Token | Dec 14, 2008 11:00:29 AM

May god's blessings be with you and your family during your time of grief.

Posted by: truthbtold21 | Dec 14, 2008 11:27:58 AM

I would feel really bad if that happend to me, hope wallace is ok and my thoughts and prayers are with the wallace family.

Posted by: Drew Blackmon | Dec 14, 2008 11:28:18 AM

man, it mst be togh for g-force.....my prayers are with you and your family

Posted by: vikram | Dec 14, 2008 12:20:21 PM

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gerald and his family.

Posted by: D-man | Dec 14, 2008 1:25:16 PM

There really are no words that can ease the pain of the passing of a loved one needless to say that 2 times the pain seems truly unbearable. I feel that by remembering the good times, the childhood memories, the holidays, memory of time spent with those who have passed can bring smiles and even laughter to your grieving family. I know that maybe of little consequence right now but time does heal. They will always be with you and your family watching over you and guiding you. God bless you and your family.

Posted by: ncns | Dec 14, 2008 1:49:13 PM

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to you and your family. I have been in your seat.
There's one thing, that my father told me before leaving me, he said remember that you still have a father who cares,he'll never leave you nor forsake you.May God Bless, you and your's through this loss

Posted by: Phyllis Cuff | Dec 14, 2008 2:00:02 PM

Gerald, my thought and prayers are with you and your family as well and I thank God for giving you peace beyond our understanding at this time! God Bless.

Posted by: Joe | Dec 14, 2008 2:06:01 PM

That is terrible to lose two of the family so close together. Especially during December.

My thoughts and prayers are with Gerald and his family.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 14, 2008 2:16:44 PM

I know this was the least thing you expected to happen to you, but know that there's someone out there watching over you always, and forever. The lost of a loved one especially during the holiday season is unbearable. What a lost and may God's peace be with you and your family.

Posted by: aaron siafa | Dec 14, 2008 3:51:12 PM

Gerald,
My sorrow and condolences go out to you and your family. May God continue to bless you and your family in this time of need. Keep your head up, big guy.

Posted by: Ramon | Dec 14, 2008 3:55:47 PM

Gerald Wallace is an absolute beast... I just wish Larry Brown would utilize him better.

Posted by: Nick | Dec 14, 2008 8:19:19 PM

greald,may god be with you and your familly, and soory for your two lost

Posted by: j | Dec 14, 2008 8:55:21 PM

Bonnell if you see Gerald and you think it is appropriate, please tell him that fans are thinking of him and praying for his family.

Many of us disagree with each other on this blog, but I think we can all say that we wish the best for Gerald and his family, especially at this time of year.

Posted by: Yeah? | Dec 14, 2008 10:15:46 PM

We may disagree with each other from time to time but this is one instance where Im in agreement with everyone. My thoughts & prayers go out to Wallace & his family.

Posted by: marvel | Dec 15, 2008 12:24:34 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Gerald. May God bless you!!!

Posted by: BobCat Fan D | Dec 15, 2008 12:57:05 AM

I was very saddened to hear of Gerald's great losses. Gerald, my thoughts of deep sympathy and prayers are with you.

Posted by: Sandy | Dec 15, 2008 8:43:34 AM

G-Force, I'm really sorry. I pray for God to provide strengh to you and your family during this difficult time. You are our star, remember.

Posted by: RobC | Dec 15, 2008 10:16:28 AM

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GERALD ! I KNOW THIS IS A DIFFICULT TIME FOR YOU, BUT LET THE LORD BE YOUR GUIDE AND YOUR ROCK !!!!!

Posted by: David | Dec 15, 2008 2:42:51 PM

Posted by: David | Dec 15, 2008 2:42:58 PM

Chin up Gerald.

Posted by: Bro. D. | Dec 15, 2008 5:25:34 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at your time of loss. Such a tragedy to have hit one family. All of your fans are with you and wish you all well...

Posted by: Marla | Dec 17, 2008 9:47:10 AM