« Augustin, Jackson in Orlando | Main | Felton sign-and-trade would be tough »

July 01, 2010

Augustin admits it; he was bad

Charlotte Bobcats point guard D.J. Augustin understands he regressed last season, and to his credit, he accounted for himself following summer-league practice Thursday:

“I didn’t have a great season at all. I blame nobody but myself for that. I’ve got to come out next year, whatever my role is, and play hard every day.’’

“I just had a bad year. It’s on me, I should have went out and played better, and I didn’t.  I’ve just got to make up for that (by) working hard this summer and try to have a good year next year.’’

Posted by Observer Sports on July 1, 2010 at 01:44 PM | Permalink

Comments

Rick,

I guess this report points to the fact that it would be even harder for the Bobcats to get Felton. It says he would welcome a sign and trade. New Jersey, Miami, Indiana and Memphis are some of the Teams interested. Can we get Mike Conley in return for Felton? How about OJ Mayo??? Jajaja!!!

Posted by: RobC | Jul 1, 2010 2:17:00 PM

This guy will NEVER be a point guard at the NBA level. What he should have said is, "I played lights out my rookie eyar, and gave people false hope". Keep Felton or we as a team will regress this season. Book that.

Posted by: DO_NOT_LET_FELTON_GO!!! | Jul 1, 2010 2:20:24 PM

What's this? A pro athlete who stunk it up getting in front of reporters and admitting it? And not blaming others?

Who'da thinked it?????

This is a good sign. I'm not saying he's ever going to be Deron Williams or anything, but having a highly-motivated player is never a bad thing.

Posted by: J | Jul 1, 2010 2:24:52 PM

rick,

what do you do all day? where is the news on felton an possible sig and trades? we all know dj stunk it up...espn is getting more news on the bobcats and yet your whole job is to report bobcats news...i dont get it at all...news like this and that story on wallace liking jackson is all BS...i mean its pretty sad i come here last for all bobcat rumors

Posted by: Rain Man | Jul 1, 2010 2:48:49 PM

Rain man, I'm with ya one hundred percent. Or get us info on how Alexis Ajinca is progressing. Let us know who the Bobcats may be talking to about Chandler or Felton.

The next report to come out...Desgana Diop is pleased with his current contract, but would like to see more time?

Posted by: Dave | Jul 1, 2010 2:57:02 PM

haha dave i thought i was the only one...i don't even care if he just throws out possible trade scenarios...i mean they gotta be some what realistic, but anything is better than this junk

Posted by: Rain Man | Jul 1, 2010 3:53:21 PM