« Just a notion: Dampier-for-exception | Main | Team USA in locals' future? »

July 16, 2010

Dampier would be open to re-signing

On a media conference call today, new Charlotte Bobcats center Erick Dampier suggested one solution to his contract situation might be the Bobcats waiving him, then him eventually re-signing with them (presumably at a much lower salary).

The Bobcats made the trade with the Dallas Mavericks, to a great degree, because Dampier's $13 million salary is not guaranteed. Waiving Dampier would allow the Bobcats to create some distance from the luxury-tax threshold (about $70 million next season), which the Bobcats are determined to avoid.

"Obviously we'd give Charlotte the first opportunity,'' to sign him if he's waived, Dampier said, adding that he hopes the Bobcats will decide soon what to do.

"The shorter (the time) the better,'' Dampier said. "so both sides know'' what comes next.

Also, Matt Carroll said the fact that the Bobcats traded him away before doesn't mean he lacks a role now.  Carroll said he'd look to drive more, to please coach Larry Brown, but that his jump shot might be in more demand the way the roster is currently structured.

"I think the situation is different; the roster has changed,'' since he left in early 2009, Carroll said. "We had a lot of good outside shooters then -- Jason Richardson, Adam Morrison, Jared Dudley.''

Posted by Observer Sports on July 16, 2010 at 02:37 PM | Permalink

Comments

Well with that it looks like the bobcats are set

PG-Livingston/DJ
SG-Jack/Henderson
SF Wallace
PF Thomas
C Dampier

Posted by: Matt | Jul 16, 2010 2:44:51 PM

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Tobias | Jul 16, 2010 2:56:33 PM

If you can't afford to live in Myers Park than get out!!!!!!

Posted by: Rich Guy | Jul 16, 2010 2:58:36 PM

And with the 7th pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select.....

Posted by: HJ | Jul 16, 2010 2:59:42 PM

Well he'll be cheaper than Chandler and prbably as effective.

Posted by: apauldds | Jul 16, 2010 3:01:43 PM

I drive a benz you Peons!!!

Posted by: Rich Guy | Jul 16, 2010 3:01:44 PM

FUH yah!!! if you dont want to make moves than get the hell out of the way. Bobcats gonna to win it all

Posted by: Mistaoblina | Jul 16, 2010 3:05:00 PM

One thing just jumped out at me. Think about how tall that starting lineup is.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 16, 2010 3:11:53 PM

Let's rename the team Myers Park Bobcats because we all know thats who supports the team and has all the MONEY!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rich kid | Jul 16, 2010 3:12:03 PM

Pleaze, this guy is definitely getting traded, then the other team can release him. Maybe then we might think about signing him back, for the vet min, thats it.Do you know how valuable his contract is right now,teams are lining up for it.

Posted by: MJ | Jul 16, 2010 3:15:08 PM

if i lived in myers park i'd shoot myself.

Posted by: don honcho | Jul 16, 2010 3:25:41 PM

As crazy as it sound, that might not be such a bad idea, unles a valuable deal comes to the table. At worst, he will definetly be cheaper and as effective as Chandler.

Posted by: RobC | Jul 16, 2010 3:27:45 PM

That is if your dad was as rich as mine. I doubt you could ever afford to live here!!! HooraHHHHH

Posted by: Rich kid | Jul 16, 2010 3:36:25 PM

And with the 7th pick of the 2011 NBA Draft, the Charlotte Bobcats select.....yet another dud player no doubt.

Posted by: the voice | Jul 16, 2010 3:39:39 PM

Drop Dampier and sign Shaq!!!

Posted by: Baldy | Jul 16, 2010 3:45:09 PM

I wonder how much he'd agree to sign for? If it's ridiculously low then maybe we could package Boris + cash for an impact player.

Posted by: apauldds | Jul 16, 2010 3:50:40 PM

Hey rich kid, if it turns out I'm working for your dad at your house doing landscaping you got another thing coming. Let's just say im going introduce you to Ms13

Posted by: Jose | Jul 16, 2010 4:12:08 PM

we gotta do something bout the illegals and diop making all that money.

Posted by: Tom | Jul 16, 2010 4:16:48 PM

Dream on, Mr. Dampier. The ONLY reason you're such a hot commodity in the league right now is because of your $13 million non-guaranteed contract that any franchise can make disappear with the "waive" of a finger. We have enough average centers already (in fact we traded two to get your contract), but thanks for offering.

Posted by: Newsinz | Jul 16, 2010 4:20:18 PM

Carroll: "We had a lot of good outside shooters then -- Jason Richardson, Adam Morrison, Jared Dudley."

Adam Morrison?!
404-shooter not found.

Posted by: | Jan 01, 1999 | | Jul 16, 2010 5:07:56 PM

Jan. 01, 1999:
Matt's a nice guy.

Posted by: Rick Bonnell | Jul 16, 2010 5:55:30 PM

Rick -- isn't it a salary cap violation to do a deal to re-sign a player before cutting them? Something tells me that its easiest to get away with without putting the idea in the paper, with direct quotes from the player involved.

Posted by: Fred | Jul 16, 2010 6:25:03 PM

Fred:
Who said anything about a "deal?'' This isn't like a buy-out, where the player and the team have to agree on anything. They just cut him or not. Dampier expressing that he'd be receptive to sign with the Bobcats, in the event they went ahead and cut him shouldn't be confused with a negotiation. It's Dampier looking for his next job.
And it's a lot more Kosher than, for instance, Ilgauskas being traded, then waived, then returning to the Cavs all in the same season.

Posted by: Rick Bonnell | Jul 16, 2010 7:52:49 PM

i love how hypocritical our fanbase is......adam morrison, as pointed out above, gets absolutely railed for putting up average at best shooting statistics in HIS ROOKIE YEAR while those numbers are still superior to flip murray's, who gets ADORED by you idiots.

morrison career 3's - 33.1% (keep in mind brown subbed him in cold to shoot shot clock buzzer beaters twice a game in 08-09; still better than flip)

murray career 3's - 30.4 % he shot the lights outta the ball for the bobcats at an above average (for him) 31.3%.

and why we would take on bad contracts to get dampier's contract, waive him and then sign him IS JUST IDIOTIC TO EVEN TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION. let's say dampier signs for 3 million.......i'm pretty sure we're right at or over the tax at that point, i don't even know we're capable of signing him for that much if livingston got 3.5 of the MLE, and then we breakdown the net of the trade....

chandler, ajinca (14m expiring) + trade exception for dampier, carroll, najera, (hypothetical 10.1m with only dampier expiring hypothetical)

that's what we're talking about. great deal there. phenominal. thanks. let me go off myself now.

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 16, 2010 8:08:04 PM

Rick Bonnell. Unforunately stats about Flip and Morrison do not tell the true stroy about production. Morrison may never have 25 pts in an NBA game. If he lucked up on one in Charlotte yrs ago, then let me know. Flip is a proven scorer in the NBA. flip can handle the ball, pass, defend and play pg or the 2. You cannot seriously think you proved a point with comparing Adam & Flip. Are you kidding me. Morrison will be lucky if he plays this yr in the NBA. FLip will always get picked up until he is mid 30's. Stats do not tell the whole story..

Posted by: EJ | Jul 16, 2010 9:46:07 PM

"I think the situation is different; the roster has changed,'' since he left in early 2009, Carroll said

Hey Bonnell,
Could you please go back to grade school and learn how to structure a damn sentence? You write like a bonehead.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 16, 2010 10:00:34 PM

are you kidding me? adam morrison is only where he is today because he blew his knee out after his rookie year. he was dominant in preseason that year prior to blowing out the knee. 5 times as a rookie he scored 25+ points, 12 times scoring 20 or more 1 game of 30; 45 in double figures. AS A ROOKIE.

for comparison, flip scored 30+ once, 37 games in double figures last year. 3 games of 25 or more. but....Stats don't tell the whole story right?.

you guys are such hypocrits it's mind blowing. flip handles the ball and plays defense YES, no question. does he shoot? does he score efficiently? NO. he is one of the least efficient scorers in the league. yet yall didn't wanna give morrison a chance to come back from a MAJOR knee surgery? are you kidding me? if he had gone anywhere other than LA we would have been kicking ourselves but because he sat in a suit while kobe got his rings, we felt like he was a flop.

and flip is such a great ballplayer. who am i kidding, let's get back to how we're going to trade dampier for chris paul and stay below the tax line with a payroll of 82 million. stats don't tell the whole story right?

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 16, 2010 10:25:16 PM

What's your problem, Rick (the fan)?
Those are NOT sentences structured by the author of the article. What you have in both examples are quotes from the players (between quotation marks), completed by Bonnell to make full sense of the quotes. There is nothing wrong with this (though, it would've been probably better to put the author's follow-ups on the quotes between brackets, rather then as a simple continuation of the sentence).
Whether you use rude language or not ("bonehead"), Rick Bonnell happens to be a very good sports writer.
If you enjoy playing the language police, you'd certainly have a full time job here, if you only wanted to go to work on all the broken English/ no grammar/ no punctuation comments posted here daily.

Posted by: Sandy | Jul 16, 2010 11:26:23 PM

thanks sandy, I meant to say something myself. implied conversation isn't a direct quote, but necessary for print. I remember how confusing that was when I was 7 reading the newspaper. I guess a lot of these guys are just learning to read.

Can't say I agree about Rick being a very good sports writer. He does a good job fact checking and all of that but he's not really bringing anything to the table and definitely searching for silver lining in this dampier trade that everybody else in the world is blasting and making fun of.

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 17, 2010 12:04:08 AM

Posted by: Failed Trade? | Jul 17, 2010 12:11:35 AM

Charlottean, I agree with you sometimes, just sometimes (for instance, on mocking some fans' pipe dreams of getting Chris Paul here next season). But you seem to be too angry, and you're very quick at calling names. That's not right. Believe me, I'm addressing your comments now for fun only, the fun of a little basketball conversation. It's no fun when it decays into anger and name calling.
You don't have monopoly on "the truth about the Bobcats" - actually, nobody has it. You have your own opinions and a full right to disagree to other fans' opinions; but your disagreement doesn't make others "idiots".

On comparing Adam Morrison and Flip Murray, I know you never liked Flip, but I think EJ is closer to the truth on this one. There's a reason Adam has to worry whether he'll be in the NBA next season or not (personally, I hope he'll make it), while Flip shouldn't have any such worries.
Yes, Adam was always a better shooter than Flip, and I used to like his ability to create his own shot and finish with a floater. And that's about it; everything else is in Flip's favor: strength and athleticism, defense, driving to the basket, versatility and ball handling. Above all, what makes Murray a better option in offense than Adam is state of mind, being a scorer vs. being afraid to take responsibility for shots. Flip will miss, then he might miss again (and he'll drive you nuts in the process), and still he won't be afraid to take the next shot - which will go in, usually. When Adam misses a shot (or maybe two), next thing is that he'll be paralyzed by the fear of being benched. Opposite behaviors, under the same coach! Is there any question as to which benefits the team more?

That's one issue I wanted to clarify with you, Charlottean: being a "volume scorer" is not just a glorified name for a low percentage shooter (as you usually imply). It's above all an offensive mind set, a determination to help the team with your scoring, and a fearlessness, as in "I only care about getting the right thing done, and I'm not gonna worry about messing up!", it's about a positive mindset over the fear of going wrong. In their whole history, the Bobcats had two true "volume scorers" only: Jax and Flip. Such players are badly needed, because a team needs this positive offensive mindset. Sure, it's wonderful when you have athleticism, a scorer's mindset and high shooting percentage, all in one player; that's what an All-Star wing player is (well, not even all of them...).

Posted by: Sandy | Jul 17, 2010 12:16:40 AM

Charlottean, I just saw your last comment.
Rick brought us through the seasons a lot of insider's information (from players, coaching staff and management), which I found very helpful on understanding what's going on with the team. I value this - not printing out all sorts of silly rumors (the kind that's filling other web sites), as sometimes fans ask him to do. Yeah, reading those rumors can be exciting stuff, but usually it turns out to be worthless stuff...
Also, I read many times very good basketball analysis from Rick (latest example, on Ajinca). If you read my comments, you know that I'm stating sometimes my disagreement with some of Rick's opinions. I think it's the only normal thing to expect when discussing basketball, and it doesn't take away from my overall appreciation of his writing.

Also, since that post was on language usage - of all things! - my emphasis there was on the quality of Rick's writing style-wise; I always enjoy it, even through disagreements.
I can't end this without mentioning that Rick handled LB's dilemma on coming back to the team in a really classy way, without going into an undesirable and tacky discussion of details.

Posted by: Sandy | Jul 17, 2010 12:34:05 AM

@ Faied Trade Tell James and ODWC that anyone can make up rumors. They did a very good job from the looks of it, keeping peep on there toes for almost a week. But in honesty they neither should have done what they did. What did they accomplise? Nothing just made ODWC look like a fool. Plus made peep miss work,not do there jobs while at work. Just to follow these 2 big trades. Yea right like CP3,Oak and Melo are coming to CHL.. This is a too small of small market town for them.. Heck even MJ know's that.

Posted by: TD_Kid | Jul 17, 2010 3:49:06 AM

So Charlottean is really Adam Morrison! Well, I'm actually Morrison's greatest fan and are thrilled that you got two championship rings, for all it was worth, as well as witness the game's greatest-today tear up the league. Man, you were always the first to jump off the bench and try to high five those that actually played, knowing that your defense in practice elevated their games right then. I respect that. Now, if you can just get on with the Heat or Celtics to ride out more pine to eventually watch the Lakers destroy teams from a different vantage point. My man, Charlottean, you are my favourite fly on the wall.

Posted by: altheus | Jul 17, 2010 11:37:49 AM

sandy,

1- you said there's a reason adam morrison is looking for a job.....i already pointed that out, the guy BLEW HIS KNEE OUT AFTER HIS ROOKIE YEAR. it's as if everybody wants to ignore devastating injuries. if antonio mcdyess entered the league under the current 2 year guaruntee and didn't have the monster contract he got originally and had the injuries he had, he probably wouldn't have gotten a second chance either. last I checked flip was looking for a job too. the whole point I've been getting at is that people rave about what a great scorer flip is and talk about what a bad scorer morrison is. nobody on here says "flip is such a better defender or ball handler" they don't say that. And the truth is, morrison is great with the ball in his hands both as a handler and passer. he showed plenty of that as a bobcat and in college. and flip got a huge opportunity in seattle when ray allen went down. morrison is yet to get an opportunity post injury. moving on....

2 - i agree with plenty of people on here and in no way think i contain the only truth out there. i don't like disputing opinions more so facts (except for when people rave about flip murray, that drives me insane). and i don't call people names without reason. the namecalling in question is regarding robc who like many on here fail to factor in cap rules with their wacky dream trades. the reason it got to namecalling......the guy claims (after numerous idiotic statements) that the bobcats would "save 9 million" by making that trade with cleveland when it would actually cost them more money. sorry but that's idiotic. there's no other way to describe not only false information but WAY off information being passed off as truth.

3 - i've regularly defended rick b. and appreciated his professionalism over sensationalistic "sports writers" who are more about stirring rumors to get their names out there then checking facts. HOWEVER, there's certain times when you HAVE to report things as they are instead of spinning things in favor of the team all of the time. this dampier trade was a major NEGATIVE financial and basketball move for the team. both now and over the next 2 years. Rick trying to find silver lining in this deal is disrespectful to the fans. if he's trying to keep a good relationship with the team so he's sucking up to them, he should be their spokesmen instead of a reporter for the observer. while I appreciate him calling on other people in the league like he says in this post and asking for perspective on what we could be doing.....it just seems like he's leaving out what everybody is really telling him which is that we made a HORRIBLE move. I know he's a reporter and not a columnist (or atleast that's my understanding of it) so if it's not his role, fowler or whoever's it is...needs to call the team out on this. this is one of the most basketball loving cities in america and the majority HATE this franchise for this very reason and as a huge (as you can see) nba fan it's just really really really frustrating to see it time and time again. I can understand why people can get frustrating with rick and the observer because they are the one voice that the team is actually going to pay attention to. and they don't say the things the people are really thinking. so factor all that frustration in.....following the horrible trade that just happened......and bonnell is over here talking about acquiring a trade exception AND a 2nd round pick for free. I can't back that up. He's gotta step his game up there. sorry but it is what it is©john fox.

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 17, 2010 12:27:35 PM

Charlottean, Do you seriously have enough time in your day to post a dissertation on this message board? Cmon Man...

As for Dampier, waive his contract ASAP and don't even think about re-signing him... he is a scrub.

Posted by: FuriousStyles | Jul 17, 2010 1:46:08 PM

so i'm assuming everything you do during your daily 24 is entirely productive towards feeding your family. I handle my business and I waste my free time just as much as the next man.

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 17, 2010 2:05:42 PM

Still, Charlottean, NOT calling names is not too much to be asking for. (Did you like Altheus calling you "fly on the wall"? I didn't.) You see someone's mistake - expose it, it's sufficient. And on differing opinions (like on Murray), name calling certainly has no place.

About Adam, it's a little more complicated. He was playing pretty well in the 2008 preseason, as you also mentioned, and that's why I never accepted "he was just back from a devastating knee injury" as an excuse. He was able to play, but as soon as LB became coach, I knew that this is bad news for Adam.
Now look, he's with the Lakers, and he displays very nice taste in clothing on their bench. A much less polished player than him, Shannon Brown, got his chances with the Lakers in the meantime.
I mentioned above Adam's limitations. I honestly hope there will be a place for him in this league, and a coach ready to let him play, but, due to said limitations, it just won't be easy for Adam to find a niche in this very tough league.

As for Rick: would you rather have a cantankerous reporter, who's attacking the management on about every move they make? How much insider information do you think such a reporter would be able to get? If you think that such a trade-off is worth it, I definitely disagree. The fans can blast the management 24/7, I don't see the need for Rick to do the same.

On the other hand, when something is turning bad, Rick doesn't hold back criticism, and he knows that they know that there is a point when strong criticism is the only fair thing.
He didn't attack the trade for Diop, or the ridiculous picks of Draft 2008 (again, fans, including me, did so freely) when they occurred (by the way, all these were Larry Brown' preferences), but he criticized these moves later on. This matters, because now it is part of his "official" record, stating that the Bobcats made a variety of wrong player personnel moves - and they can't complain that "the local newspaper is unfair to the organization, and it undermines its success!". I wouldn't want to see such ridiculous charges, and Rick Bonnell's manner of writing (very self-restrained) precludes them.

Posted by: Sandy | Jul 17, 2010 3:38:17 PM

ridiculous draft picks in 2008? what you mean like our starting pg? i'm not asking that rick go blasting off about the bobcats all the time. i'm just saying IN THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION regarding the dampier trade, he's too positive about what was clearly a horrible move. i expect honesty from a newspaper not a misleading optimism. I mean the biggest missing piece to this whole story is the reasoning from higgins/jordan/brown on why the deal was made. If they come here and say "look, we felt like carroll and najera would be end of the rotation guys that will contribute, we would have kept carroll if we knew we were going to trade morrison, we needed to basically waive chandler to get livingston, we're willing to go over the cap to get a stud player and we're rolling the dice that this deal might land that, ajinca was thrown in to make the #'s work and because we've given up on his development, etc." something to go off of. We're in the dark out here and the only thing we can go off of is a tragedy. they just killed future cap room and this year's starting center for 2 guys that appear not to be in our rotation and essentially shaun livingston. that's tough to swallow. telling me that we could move dampier's contract for a trade exception and a 2nd round pick is just ludicrous to say the least. there's no silver lining yet he's trying to draw one in. that's what i'm frustrated with in regards to rick. like I said, i'm usually not one to have a problem with his reporting. And management really hasn't had as many mistakes as others may feel. I for one feel like we've drafted and traded very well we just haven't had the luck of players staying healthy or developing the way you would expect. The only deals in the history of the franchise that i think are just obvious horrible were the diop deal, this dampier deal, overpaying okafor (which we undid basically) and signing carroll to a longterm deal right before we traded for jason richardson and right after we drafted adam morrison.

"fly on the wall" was directed at morrison btw.

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 17, 2010 5:27:37 PM

@ charlottean Hey dude did you even take the time to read the link above? If not please di so that it will tell you something. It tells in details of what the Bobcats have up there sleeves with Dampier. So please take the time and read it so that you will shoot up whining on here about him. The link was from Failed Trade?

Posted by: TD_Kid | Jul 17, 2010 6:15:25 PM

Over a year ago, I wrote on this blog that we needed Jackson, so listen when I suggest this...The guy we need to target and is available is Gilbert Arenas. Erik Dampier, Boris Diaw, and DJ Augustin (replace Derrick Brown/Henderson here if you have to). Wiz get rid of the contract, which they will be motivated to do...gives them cap flex going into 2011. Meanwhile, we create our own version of the cast-off big three - SJack, GW, Gilbert. Might not beat the Heat, but would be fun to watch.

Posted by: HJ | Jul 17, 2010 6:38:13 PM

nowhere in that incoherent mess was there anything of value. if we get chris paul, we're paying a HUGE amount of tax with no center unless we swap okafor for boris which would put us even further over the tax in future years. WAYYYYYYYY over the tax.

i'll believe it when I see it.

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 17, 2010 8:11:57 PM

Will there be a day when Charlottean has not written the words tax, cap, chris paul, or has typed any word in all capitol letters? Give it a rest.

Posted by: mp | Jul 17, 2010 9:01:27 PM

Thank You Rick Bonnell for taking the time to read the link above. As i see that you wrote a new article about it.

Posted by: TD_Kid | Jul 17, 2010 9:43:57 PM

"We're in the dark out here", says Charlottean; that's right. "and the ONLY [my capitals} thing we can go off of is a tragedy"; I disagree.

We don't know yet what the Bobcats' roster will be when training camp opens, but I'm sure it won't be the same as that rather depressing list featured in Rick's article today. There will be more trades and signings.

I'm not giving the management credit for having a "grand plan" and knowing exactly what they are doing, but I certainly give them credit for trying hard, and for not being done yet. Fans always come up with fantastic (in all the various meanings of the word!) ideas for trades, but the trades that actually took place were usually most unpredictable (by fans). I hate going into detailed speculations about what may, and what may not, yet happen.

I'm just saying that we don't have a final roster for next season yet, and that there is plenty of time still until training camp.
Let the management do their job, and when we'll know the actual results, I'll be ready to draw some conclusions.

"My man, Charlottean, you are my favourite fly on the wall." He jokingly identified you with Adam Morrison, that doesn't mean he let you off the hook. I don't believe in name calling between fans of the same team.

Posted by: Sandy | Jul 18, 2010 12:54:00 AM

I think Charlotean wants a job for the observer. I love how Chis Paul suppose to get traded back to his hometown....I love how Larry has killed the salary cap, and it's ok....If it wasn't for Stephen Jackson, I'm not sure the Bobcats would make any noise....I've been a Bobcats fan ever since 04 and it annoys me, we are going backwards with this stupid salary cap move....CP3 does not want to come back to Charlotte,,,,somebody like NewJersey or a Western Conference team will pick him up. Sorry Wake fans.....

Posted by: JC | Jul 18, 2010 1:15:42 AM

i don't want a job with a failing industry that very easily could have been fixed if they weren't greedy all along. I'm just passionate about basketball and this week struck a nerve like no other.

and sandy.....none of what they do now, reverses the fact that they got jobbed into taking on bad contracts without need to do so. swapping gerald wallace and draft picks for chris paul as rick proposed in the paper today is a lateral move at best.

and rick placing dampier in his break down of roster players as possibly starting is just annoying. there is absoltely NO CHANCE that dampier is on our roster this year. 0. there's only a slightly better chance we land something of value for dampier's contract. saying "well they might make a good move now" doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the dampier trade was still a bad move. even if it lands paul, it was STILL a bad move. you don't get graded on effort in business. real world is not elementary school. especially not the nba....if it were about effort and trying hard, lebron would be a nobody and brian cardinall and walter hermann would be all-stars. i'm not going to a restaraunt and paying for food that tastes bad because the chef tried his hardest.

Posted by: charlottean | Jul 18, 2010 3:14:09 PM

GOOD POINT charlottean. Dampier move was a dumb move no matter what the future holds. I still think the Bobcats will get another PG, but it won't be ChrisPaul....it'll be another bench warmer, to compete with our bench warmer.

Posted by: JC | Jul 18, 2010 9:02:10 PM

Rick, I was impressed by Stephen Graham in the limited action I saw him in last year. Do you think the cats will resign him? Do you think he can make the jump from role player to starter? He seemed like a hard nosed defender with a solid jump shot. Twice the player Henderson is.

Posted by: flanahan32 | Jul 19, 2010 8:22:18 AM

I also thought Larry Hughes was a great scoring spark off the bench. Do we have any shot at resigning him either? 6ppg, 3rbs, 1.5asst in 15 min per game in the playoffs... pretty solid.

Posted by: flanahan32 | Jul 19, 2010 8:25:47 AM

Hey Rick, did the Bobcats sign Livingston and Collins and what about McGuire? I saw your story on the roster, but I see no mention of them from the team.

Posted by: Jimmy | Jul 19, 2010 10:23:10 AM