« How many collisions left for Crash? | Main | Diop out for the season »

January 03, 2011

Wallace likely out several games

Charlotte Bobcats co-captain Gerald Wallace will miss tonight’s game against the Miami Heat and possibly several more, after aggravating the left ankle injury that previously cost him five games.

Wallace could not participate in shootaround this morning, and coach Paul Silas confirmed Gerald Henderson will start in Wallace’s place tonight.

Wallace crashed to the practice floor Sunday afternoon, after taking a pass from D.J. Augustin and launching himself at the rim. He had to be carried to the training room by teammates Stephen Jackson and Nazr Mohammed.

“It’s going to be a few games, I do believe,’’ Silas said when asked how long Wallace will be out.

Posted by Observer Sports on January 3, 2011 at 11:20 AM | Permalink

Comments

time for hendo and ups to step up.

Posted by: charlottean | Jan 3, 2011 11:37:39 AM

..and time for Capn Jack to 'step down' with the stupid shots and senseless turnovers.

Posted by: eduardo | Jan 3, 2011 11:47:42 AM

just keep doing the right things & share the basketball to avoid turnovers.. & pls do talk out there & help one another.. play as a unit, as a team & everyone will benefit & enjoy..

Posted by: mamak!! | Jan 3, 2011 12:01:32 PM

I was really pissed about Jack's shot, but I would never think he intentionally shot to lose the game. That is ridiculous, because Silas said that everyone needs to have confidence to take the open shot. Now Wallace has been a shell of himself but still a really good player. I really think he is being shopped by Jordan. I mean we need a upgrade on the roster, and his value is only going to remain good for a few years.The game tonight will be difficult for the cats, but every game we played Silas does have these guys playing hard. So I think the same continues......

Posted by: tbird | Jan 3, 2011 12:26:57 PM

When he gets back he may want to rethink some of that "crashing"

Posted by: digal704 | Jan 3, 2011 12:27:04 PM

Not sure why G-Force played in the warriors game other than TT was out with a wrist injury. He scored and frankly it seemed to help his 3 point shot but he couldn't run on the break at his normal speed or sky for rebounds and jams. This team is not headed anywhere this eason other than evaluating the young talent so why jeopardize a key player or potential trade material.

Posted by: Bob | Jan 3, 2011 12:37:35 PM

I agree the Bobcats should have gotten a much better shot at the end of the game versus the Warriors. But that's just another "bad decision" on a long list of things for this current Bobcats team. With Wallace being injured, I figure Jackson will be taking even more shots and that's not a good thing. I hope Henderson can play his game and not try to do too much. Diaw, Thomas, and Brown need to step it up. I don't want to watch McGuire launching brick after brick.

Posted by: UncTarheels23 | Jan 3, 2011 12:59:03 PM

Yeah Jackson's shot was bad at the end of Golden State, I was cursing along with everyone else at the arena when he shot it, but you have to give them credit for even having the chance to win it.

As for Gerald, I've loved him for many years, but I think it's time to see what we can get for him on the market. Hendo and UPS deserve to play, and he's reached his ceiling last season.

Posted by: Matt | Jan 3, 2011 1:35:34 PM

I hope DJ has a monster night. That's about the only match-up we can exploit.

Posted by: apauldds | Jan 3, 2011 2:44:26 PM

cosign what you're saying matt and the truth of it is......the fans at the arena lost that game. jack dunked on 2 dudes in the half court and got golf claps. there was no energy in the building. anymore energy and we win that game easily.

Posted by: charlottean | Jan 3, 2011 3:54:01 PM

DIOP OUT FOR THE SEASON ACCORDING TO NBA.COM??

Posted by: tmack652 | Jan 3, 2011 4:13:48 PM

Yes, Diop out rest of the season -- I just blogged some details, both on his condition and the payroll effect

Posted by: Rick Bonnell | Jan 3, 2011 4:24:22 PM

stupid jacks...i guess michael needs some time to re-consider some big trades maybe?like boris and mcguire?to improved a go to guy player during crunch time period....

Posted by: mattjohn | Jan 3, 2011 7:04:43 PM