« Thomas cutting for the first time | Main | Wallace: Bobcats betrayed me »

March 05, 2011

Silas will sit injured Jackson

The Charlotte Bobcats are shutting down leading scorer Stephen Jackson however long it takes to heal his strained left hamstring.

Jackson had to leave his second straight game with the injury, and said after a 92-84 loss that he agrees it’s time to stop playing.

“I was wrestling with (Ron) Artest and felt the sharpest pain yet,’’ Jackson said of a play early in the second half. “That scared me a little bit.’’

Told that coach Paul Silas plans to sit him as long as it takes to heal, Jackson replied, “I kind of feel that way, too.’’

Jackson had back-to-back 3-of-10 shooting nights in losses to the Lakers and Denver Nuggets. He first suffered the injury early this season, then aggravated it just after the All-Star Break.

“He really shouldn’t have played. He’s going to have to sit out to get better,’’ said Silas. “I don’t know how many games he’ll sit out, but he has to sit out.’’

“We can’t afford to have him in-between. If he comes back too soon, he’ll just re-injure it.’’

Posted by Observer Sports on March 5, 2011 at 01:21 AM | Permalink

Comments

Wow does this team have any chance without Wallace or Jack? Dominic McGuire doesnt even belong in the nba much less as a starter. Can Boris play the 3 once Tyrus gets back? Or Carroll? Either way we are in trouble.

Posted by: Lawson | Mar 5, 2011 1:56:11 AM

Mj has put us in the lottery..that was his plan all along. Only thing ,thers nothing there.

Posted by: Ironman | Mar 5, 2011 6:50:52 AM

And that's the season folks, not saying this team is only one person but with GW gone and Jax out for a while it's toast. Jax needs another scorer beside him, he knows the seasons done and he's not going to kill himself trying to squeak into the playoffs, only to get man handled by the #1 team. On the bright side DJ White looked promising last night.
Looking forward to the draft.

Posted by: Pte6000 | Mar 5, 2011 7:47:26 AM

Nothing there in the draft? I like the way the mock drafts are shaping up. This team needs to get more athletic and the draft will easily provide that. Add Thomas back into the mix and you could have a team that might actually be able to defend next year. Offense is a different story, but you need to start some where.

Posted by: Gary | Mar 5, 2011 7:49:34 AM

Whatever happened to D. Cunningham? He played 20 min. per game for a strong West contender, but he can't get on the floor for the Bobcats?

Posted by: Larry Harris | Mar 5, 2011 9:06:22 AM

As long as the Heat and Knicks continue to struggle, I will smile but I sure miss my Warrior. I guess I was stupid to think we might someday retire #3 in the rafters at the Cable Box :-(

Posted by: chris in union county | Mar 5, 2011 9:59:57 AM

I agreee this was Jordan's plan as well. Gives us a chance to evaluate all our young talent, something Larry Brown never did. DJ White has looked decent, might be a good rotation player. It's likely the Bobcats finish with the 5th-9th worst record. The best Center in the draft (Kanter) and Barnes could be available when they pick. Barnes gamme will transition much better to the pro game than it has to college. He is one of a few players who has all star potential in this draft. They also have the extra picks and expiring Diaw contract to trade up with. I like the plan that's in place as long as we follow through. The core future of this team is DJ, Hendo and TT. Jordan is looking for his all star to draft/trade.

Posted by: DanielTDenny | Mar 5, 2011 10:14:57 AM

Can you say tanking the season.....

What if the Panthers and Bobcats have the first overall picks in their drafts???

What if the Panthers and Bobcats have the first overall picks in their drafts and their best option stays in school???

just sayin

Posted by: Chris G. | Mar 5, 2011 12:19:24 PM

jimmer fredete anyone?

Posted by: Andre | Mar 5, 2011 12:22:12 PM

The way this season was supposed to be the best yet for the bobcats and the way it turned out is a shame. First with trading Chandler too early, Larry Brown crapped out, the GW trade for nothing but $, not getting rid of Boris for a big or a shooting guard. Nazr was not coming back anyway. but getting DJ White may be a find for his exp contract. What a mess we are left with. As a fan winning is the best cure for owners to make money, people will show up to watch the games, even haters will jump on the band wagon. With a terrible team the city will continue to hate, less fans will show up and MJ will continue to lose money even with a new CBA. Pro sports is about competition not fairness. I hope they surprise us this off season,or we will lose badly for at least two more seasons.

Posted by: easye | Mar 5, 2011 12:45:42 PM

I love that we will be a lottery team....we'll never get better drafting in the highteens. The biggest problem with the NBA is letting players leave college after one year. They should make a rule that you have to play 3 years in college or be at least 21. Student athletes should be allowed a weekly stipend of $600 per month. The college teams would be better and the NBA would be better. It's not better now. I love the NBA, NFL college football and basketball. Men's college basketball and football should be the only sports this effects. If not start a super conference for the major conferences and firing the NCAA for those two sports.

Posted by: Major Smart | Mar 5, 2011 2:44:12 PM

I doubt w/o Jackson they will win any game. The cleveland Caveliers are better than this team now from the position they put themselves in. Trading Wallace and Mohammed doomed playoffs chances for this team.

You want to bet me that Jordan will not be capable to build this team as a contender?

Posted by: bobcats | Mar 5, 2011 7:45:42 PM