« Charlotte Bobcats taking care not to coach instincts out of rookie Kidd-Gilchrist | Main | Charlotte Bobcats rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist shows he is a team guy »

October 09, 2012

Bobcats to win NBA title? Twitter: Don't bet on it

Posted by Observer Sports on October 9, 2012 at 03:30 PM | Permalink

Comments

I am not sure I'd risk $20 at 500-1 that they would make the playoffs, and I love to gamble! #BallSoSoft

Posted by: Brett Harlan | Oct 9, 2012 4:46:24 PM

Baltimore had something like 200-1 odds to win the World Series this year. Anything is possible.

I'm not making that bet; after watching an 8-win team (over 82 games instead of 66), I'd love to see them win 30. With the addition of the 2 rookies, Haywood and Gordon, plus with Tyrus and Kemba actually being coached, I think they can reach that.

Posted by: J | Oct 9, 2012 5:09:24 PM

I wouldn't take those odds on playoffs, but it's completely true that anything is possible. ask kevin garnett.

I just hope that when hendo and mullens have solid seasons that we keep them and not let someone else reap the benefits of our misery as always happens.

Posted by: charlottean | Oct 9, 2012 6:17:54 PM

For all you saying "anything is possible"...

...it is not possible for the BOBcats to win the NBA Championship this year.

IMPOSSIBLE

Posted by: George Hanson | Oct 9, 2012 8:13:42 PM

Mr Blutowski... Zero point Zero!!!!

Posted by: Season Ticket holder for now | Oct 10, 2012 9:07:51 AM

george,

the only reason it is "possible" and i use that in the most hypothetical sense of the word.......is that there are trades in the nba. and every year there's an undiscovered guy that gets discovered. the right guy pops up, the right guy starts playing to his potential, and then somehow some way you land an elite player or 2 at the deadline.......

we aren't and shouldn't be making those moves this year but that's where the .2% chance comes from. Either that or a plague hits the all-star weekend crowd and wipes out everybody relevant and we are somehow the best team standing since we had 0 all-stars and were just slightly better than the other teams that didn't have all-stars either. these are all legit possibilities you have to consider when doing something as filled with logic and reason as gambling.

marlins beat the yankees. giants beat the undefeated patriots. no name (at the time) pistons beat the lakers with......5 hall of famers?

if lebron went all MJ and decided he was going to retire to go play hockey.....where does that put the heat's odds?

Posted by: charlottean | Oct 10, 2012 11:14:03 AM

Why does Vegas have the Bobcats at 500-1 but the Magic at 150-1? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense imo.

Right now I'd give us 50-50 odds of winning 25 games. Next season we can talk about odds of making the playoffs. After that, who knows?

Posted by: apauldds | Oct 10, 2012 12:17:41 PM

The Bobcats have no chance to win the title. Thanks to Rick for such an intersting blog.

Posted by: Skip | Oct 11, 2012 6:53:02 AM