« Rain gives Cats a break | Main | When my ex-coach talks Super Bowl, listen »

June 27, 2006

Sapp: Keyshawn doesn't say... 'my bad'

Keeping it short while on vacation, but Warren Sapp ripped Keyshawn Johnson on Sporting News Radio on Monday. The two used to be teammates in Tampa Bay.

Sapp on Keyshawn Johnson:

"The one thing I just have to be honest with everyone in the world about Keyshawn. I played with the man four years and he never said 'my bad.'

And that's unheard of in the game of football. Never said 'my bad' in the four years I played with the guy. It was always something else. It was always something else. Chris Simms threw him a ball one time and he dropped it, and he said, 'your ball spins funny.'"

Posted by Observer staff on June 27, 2006 at 01:50 PM | Permalink

Comments

Who cares what Warren Sapp has to say about anything?

Posted by: David | Jun 27, 2006 2:48:55 PM

fatties all around the country

Posted by: James | Jun 27, 2006 3:19:04 PM

Maybe Simms does throw a ball with a funny spin...opps I shouldnt back-talk Mr. Sapp...."MY BAD" ;^p

Posted by: Ritchie | Jun 27, 2006 3:28:25 PM

Wait a minute folks....

He's right. Keyshawn is a prima. We all know this. Don't become blind because he's a Panther. Meshawn has a history of these comments.

I'm a diehard Panthers fan, but let's be honest.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 27, 2006 3:55:48 PM

Diehard fan or not, that was four years ago! His entire experience in Tampa Bay ended on a sour note!! For crying out loud, when he signed with Carolina, he used his own money to take a plane to Florida and meet Mr. Richardson in person. This isn't the same guy who played on the Bucs and hated Gruden.

I don't care what Warren Sapp thinks of Keyshawn as a person, based on who he was in Tampa Bay! The past is the past, because Keyshawn is no longer there, he's here, and older, and wiser.

Sapp should know the first thing about moving foward with your career and life, being in Oakland these days, far away from Gruden.

Posted by: Clay | Jun 27, 2006 4:00:28 PM

Clay,

I respect your opinion but...

Can we make a bet? I'll put my house on the line. This is easy money here.

He WILL be a problem. He's not going to change.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 27, 2006 4:05:30 PM

Perhaps the reason Keyshawn never said "my bad" was that he went to school and learned to say "it was my fault". Another non story from the Observer. The editor should being "my bad" after this article made it to print.

Posted by: english anyone ? | Jun 27, 2006 4:35:57 PM

Is Keyshawn the name of a Buffet Resturant in Oakland? That's about the ONLY think Sapp can rip into these days.

Posted by: sapp who | Jun 27, 2006 5:08:02 PM

Sapp is a punk and loves to give the Panthers a hard time. Fact is, he's jealous the Keyshawn is in a good situation and that he isn't. Prima or not, Johnson is going to make some plays and and win some games and mr. funky fat-ass with foul attitude isn't. And that's the bottom line.

Posted by: Syrpis | Jun 27, 2006 5:54:45 PM

Whar are you all going to say when Meshawn becomes a cancer in the locker room????

Posted by: Chris | Jun 27, 2006 6:37:53 PM

we'll say, "my bad"

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 27, 2006 7:08:46 PM

What kind of english is "My Bad?" Did Sapp go to college? or did he finish high school?

Posted by: Bob | Jun 27, 2006 8:15:41 PM

Are we actually concerned over the musings of Warren Sapp? So what if Keyshawn never said "my bad" on a dropped ball. How many times a year does that actually happen to Keyshawn anyway? With the passes droppped last year for us, most of our receivers would have had sore throats if they said that everytime they came back to the huddle. Maybe Warren should say "my bad" every time something stupid comes out of his mouth.

Posted by: California Panther | Jun 27, 2006 8:28:05 PM

Just a lot of jealousy between Sapp and Keyshawn. It seems to me that both men didn't always play well with others.

Posted by: Adrian DeVore | Jun 27, 2006 10:09:07 PM

So Keyshawn has grown wiser since leaving Tampa Bay? Lets revisit that one sometime after midseason.

Posted by: bucster79 | Jun 28, 2006 8:46:16 AM

mmm. And what are going to say when and if Keyshawn works out???

Do you not have any trust in the Panthers' front office to make the right decision, huh? They got us this far... didn't they???

If Keyshawn becomes a cancer it won't be because he's a cancer, it will be because guys like you all and the media have been pounding him from day one, trying to make him snap...

Sometimes I wish he would, just to get the tension over with!!!!

I believe Keyshawn is driven like Steve Smith. I believe he's a bit of a bad a** like Steve Smith. And I believe he wants the ball to help the team, as much as Smith does. BUT the difference is, people have forgiven Smith of his past actions (attacking Bright) and only remember the more recent GOOD OLD times.

Give Keyshawn a shot. He's an amazing talent, a big body, and somebody who can really move the chains!!! Sure, there is going to be tension and arguments but this is football! It's a physical sport and John Fox isn't Jon Gruden! I hate Gruden! I want to punch him just watch during TV interviews... haha He looks like that a**hole neighbor that nobody can stand.

Posted by: Clay | Jun 28, 2006 10:54:11 AM

That boy think he can steal my dance moves without paying me royalties? Oh no he didn't!

Posted by: Beyonce | Jun 29, 2006 9:05:57 AM

My Bad is a saying that means "my fault". Those who have played sports are familiar with this term while those that haven't view it as uneducated and ignorant. While the only ones ignorant are those who are unfamiliar with team sports culture.

Posted by: zapp | Jul 3, 2006 4:07:40 PM

Did Warren say "My bad" when he broke that Packers hip and almost ended the guy's career for no good reason?
Those who live in glass houses shouldn't be fat mouthed, dirty-playing, evil SOBs.

Posted by: Idaho Ethan | Jul 4, 2006 2:07:13 PM

BTW, Simms is a lefty, so the ball DOES spin funny: counterclockwise. It probably takes a little gettin' used to. Sapp wouldn't know this since he's never caught anything in his life, except maybe a pat on the back from Satan.

Posted by: Idaho Ethan | Jul 4, 2006 2:12:50 PM

Charlotte fans ARE FAKE!!! you guys only support your team if they are winning games. If I recall correctly Tampa Bay and Oakland beat the panthers just about every time WARREN SAPP played against them check the record for me. Warren Sapp would start right now if he played for the panthers.

Tell Peppers to stay off the juice

Tell Jake to throw Keyshawn the damn ball or there will be problems

Tell Steve Smith to stop throwing punches in the dark

Tell Jenkins that Warren Sapp makes me drink too

The U

Posted by: The U | Jul 7, 2006 12:30:46 PM

Man my comments got taken outta conotation man. you know like my grammer is real good right i'm smart man football player...coach gruden tough...i hit men...sapp smart...dont mess with sapp...sapp do incredible hulk and get fat and my self been oiverrated all my career...i fat ass never be as good as fridge perry

Posted by: Warren Sapp | Jul 10, 2006 1:04:06 PM