« Panthers trade down | Main | Panthers getting close »

April 28, 2007

Panthers trade a good move

You have to give the Panthers a big thumbs-up for making the trade with the Jets. They added a second-round pick (59th overall) which will get them a potential starter. They also may end up getting as good a player at No. 25 overall as they would have at No. 14.

They could have their choice of several safeties (and Reggie Nelson still might be on the board) and wide receivers.

Posted by Observer Sports on April 28, 2007 at 02:54 PM | Permalink

Comments

GREAT MOVE!!!!

Posted by: Darrell | Apr 28, 2007 3:04:41 PM

I am thrilled...THRILLED with this move. I wouldn't have even needed much to do it, but this haul is HUGE! Given our needs, there was no reason to pick at 14 with the value availible, and we get an extra 2nd in addition to moving a pick up more than a round!

Posted by: Michael Procton | Apr 28, 2007 3:06:03 PM

Great move...now move Jenkins for a 2nd. Get a safety, wr, te and lb in the top 64 players.

Posted by: Chris | Apr 28, 2007 3:07:47 PM

This move will definently fill the holes the Panthers definently need. Plus, the available draft picks could go earlier or later in the first round. Great move!

Posted by: Brody | Apr 28, 2007 3:19:58 PM

Anything new on the Kris Jenkins trade front?

Posted by: Cory Radford | Apr 28, 2007 3:56:11 PM

I think this trade is great for the panthers. The guys they wanted at 14 were already gone, so they move back and still can pick up someone like a Safety, TE, LB, and DE and maybe a WR who can all compete to start. The extra 2nd round pick is key. I'm think with the 25th pick, they take Marriweather or Olson, and look for a DE and LB or WR in the 2nd rounds. According to that NFL Trade Value Chart, the jets got the better value for the trade, but I dont care, I think this is huge for us.

Posted by: MM | Apr 28, 2007 3:58:51 PM

Interesting decision by the Titans to take Michael Griffin (whom some of the draftniks on this site were recommending for us in the 2nd) before Reggie Nelson. So who do we get at 25? I've seen that Dallas may look at Reggie, but if we could get him, that'd be a HUGE steal, considering the consideration we were giving to him at 14. Posluszny and Beason will probably also be around, so which way do we go?

Posted by: Michael Procton | Apr 28, 2007 4:00:17 PM

damn...

Posted by: Michael Procton | Apr 28, 2007 4:04:56 PM

I'm upset that Griffin came off the board. I think that they go with Merriweather, Nelson, or Olson at 25th. Then address LB and DE in the 2nd round

Posted by: MM | Apr 28, 2007 4:05:35 PM

well it wont be Nelson, maybe they do take a LB with 25

Posted by: MM | Apr 28, 2007 4:07:09 PM

Olsen or Merriweather or LB Harris if available.

Posted by: Jason H | Apr 28, 2007 4:13:56 PM

25 is too high for Harris...and please...NO Olsen!

Posted by: Michael Procton | Apr 28, 2007 4:19:41 PM

Anthony Spencer?

Posted by: Jason H | Apr 28, 2007 4:24:03 PM

I'm thinking if Jarret is around in the 2nd, we should scoop him up

Posted by: MM | Apr 28, 2007 4:34:40 PM

I think we should go hard after Troy Polamalu next year.

Posted by: emil | Apr 30, 2007 11:16:26 PM