« Minter, Rucker offer revealing snapshot of offensive woes | Main | Offensive tackle Walker to visit »

June 21, 2007

Hall named NFL Europa Defensive Player of Year

Defensive end Jason Hall, who will be with the Panthers in training camp, has been named NFL Europa Defensive Player of the Year.

Hall had 12 sacks while playing for Cologne. He recorded a sack in seven consecutive games to tie a league record.

Posted by Observer Sports on June 21, 2007 at 11:45 AM | Permalink

Comments

This really don't have anything with the article but what if the Carolina Panthers trade Kris Jenkins,Michel Gianes,Naja Diggs,Nate Salley to the Arizona Cardinals for in return Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Wilson and Ben Patrick .This trade make since because Larry really don't like the new head coach and the Cardinals need a DT and some more help on D so this will work for both side.Then the next thing the Carolina Panthers should do is trade Eric Shelton plus a 7th round pick for Lendale White it make since in that Lendale will play with his former USC players and friends also the Panthers could insipired him by telling him that are you going to let inner rival Reggie Bush who you will always be compare to out play you I think this trade will happen since the Titans had enough of there inmature players so let do this trade Carolina Panthers.and one other thing i like USC so this help in a way

Posted by: Panther fan#3 | Jun 21, 2007 3:09:52 PM

Sorry Panther fan #3, Madden video game trades don't work in the real world.

Posted by: Seth | Jun 21, 2007 4:04:12 PM

Im tired of all these what if trades. First of all, trades in the NFL rarely involve 2 players from one team, trades never occur with 3 or more players from one team. I think if our GM could get Larry he would have already got him. And why do we want Lendale White? We passed on him for a reason in the draft b/c he is lazy. All we need from our offense is an O-Line that will block. We have enough big play ability with Smitty and DeAngelo in the wings. If our O-Line is just solid our offense will be successful

Posted by: Dave | Jun 21, 2007 4:30:17 PM

This has to be satisfying for Michael Procton. He was way ahead of the curve on this one. Does he make the team? Pep, Ruck, McGlover, and Johnson make it tough. Competition in camp should be fierce. Can't wait! Playing safety will be a bit easier with the QB on his ass!

Posted by: S.H. | Jun 22, 2007 12:39:31 AM

Isn't this our third or fourth NFL Europe mvp? As I recall, safety Deke Cooper got the defensive award once or twice, and running back Jamal Robertson got the offensive award. I'm probably forgetting someone.

Posted by: Ray | Jun 22, 2007 1:47:43 AM

Yeah, SH...you know who I've been hyping...since the DAY HE SIGNED!
For those of you who haven't been paying attention to me:
I went to high school with him, and after he tore it up there, he had a solid, if unremarkable career at Tennessee. Domination this season in NFL Europe may not seem like a great feat, but it was near unprecedented. The 12 sacks were 2 off the all-time record (set in the early 90s, when the quality of play, believe it or not, was a good bit lower than it is today), and the 7 straight game with a sack set a record. It will probably be tough for him to make the roster given the amount of youth (McClover is only 22, despite being a 2nd-year player), but he's a PERFECT Panther: High character, high motor, high energy, respectful, super coachable, and willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. I really hope the coaching staff doesn't take his success this summer for granted. He won't disappoint.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jun 22, 2007 2:12:43 AM

Oh, and Ray, you're right about Cooper and Robertson...2002 MVPs for defense and offense, respectively.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jun 22, 2007 2:22:30 AM

Learn to speak English first, THEN you can work on being a general manager

Posted by: craig malkani | Jun 22, 2007 9:27:20 AM

I think we need to trade Eric Shelton & our 7th rounder for LaDainian Tomlinson, trade Brett Basanez & our 6th rounder for Peyton Manning, give up N'ail Diggs for Shawne Merriman and we'd be set!

;)

Posted by: CHillyDoggy | Jun 22, 2007 1:21:17 PM

And it is Na'il, not Naja... even though my fingers got ahead of me in the last post.

Posted by: CHillyDoggy | Jun 22, 2007 1:23:57 PM

Alexa, stop posting that crap. What do you think you are accomplishing? Are you trying to look like an insane, bitter woman who is hung up on her ex-husband?

Posted by: James | Jun 23, 2007 10:34:49 AM

TRYING to look like she's insane? By now he/she is a pro at cut and paste!

ANYWAY. Spam aside, three games with at least 2 sacks sounds like a nice addition....

Posted by: Scratch | Jun 23, 2007 2:18:59 PM

Michael Procton, yet another brilliant post sir. You tell me how great this no-name clown is then finish up by saying "but yeah he probably won't make the team" Good players not only make teams but contribute! What a waste of 15 seconds of my life reading that...

Posted by: Mike's boy | Jun 23, 2007 6:18:21 PM

Alright, Rick, let's see you make a team. If Hall does not make the team, it will not be a football decision. It will be the fact that he has people ahead of him from an organizational priority standpoint, with 2 long-term stalwarts in Peppers and Rucker and 2 recent draft picks in McClover and Johnson. Add to that that Jenkins, Kemoeatu, D. Lewis, and either Moorehead or Carstens (if not both) will make the team, and I just don't see a spot. That doesn't change the fact that Hall is a good enough player to be at worst a serviceable rotation player, particularly given the way the Panthers spread playing time. In fact, I would be willing to bet he's got the skill to be a starter in the league within a couple of years. Now if you have anything to add beyond your criticism of my posts, you should do so, but you're not adding anything with it. Not that I'll hold out hope for any meaningful contributions from you. You seem a little slow.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jun 24, 2007 4:18:17 PM

Hey Alexa, too bad your pedigree did not keep you from going insane. Maybe some inbreeding or something? Have you thought about substance abuse? Maybe starting. I Googled you and you don't even exist to the world. Sorry.

Posted by: badbrad97 | Jun 25, 2007 11:14:14 AM

How about this: The Panthers trade Jenks, Foster, Colbert, Dan Morgan, Nate Salley and Tank Johnson (the Panthers don't have him yet, but will pick him up for this trade) and trade them to the Bears for Brian Urlacher, Adrian Peterson, Mike Brown and Greg Olsen! Now THAT would be a great trade and I think it really will happen.

GO PANTHERS!

Posted by: Trademaster #1 | Jun 25, 2007 7:38:20 PM

Panther Fan #3, that is easily the most retarted insight I have ever read regarding the Panthers...or the NFL for that matter.

There needs to be an age restriction for posting.

Posted by: GBizzle | Jun 26, 2007 1:43:34 PM

I seem to remember us having the defensive player of the year over in Europe.... LAST YEAR too! How'd that turn out?

Posted by: CHillyDoggy | Jun 29, 2007 3:38:49 PM

Interesting, ChillyDoggy...I didn't know Phillipe Gardent was on the roster last year. Why don't you go back to whining about the Bobcats coverage on that end, dumbass?

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jun 30, 2007 2:19:15 PM

Hey ALEXA...I heard Christie Kerr give a shout-out to ya boy Chris on ESPN this morning. I bet he was gettin' a little of that on the side, too!

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 3, 2007 12:39:44 PM

when are there going to be a new article written this its already July. Any way I read that a person ask a question about if the Panthers trying to make a trade with the Denver Broncos to get Safety John Lynch well if they're I hope that Wide Reciever Javon Walker is included in the trade.I lready know what the Panthers can give up to make thid deal it will take the Panthers to trade Kris Jenkins,Drew Carter,Nate Salley,Michael Gaines,Na'il Diggs plus a 6th round pick or keep the pick and take Mike Rucker which some of you will call stupid but I call smart make the trade and get Safety Donovin Darius to make the Safety spot one of Carolina strongest position.

Posted by: unknown | Jul 4, 2007 3:16:40 PM

does anyone at the observer's sports dept even work?

Posted by: matt | Jul 11, 2007 2:54:07 PM

I love the Panthers. I support them in everything they do, on and off the field. Jerry Richardson is my hero. I go to Hardee's and sing folk songs about him. The Top Cats are rocking, Lori O'Dell is hot.
We have an all around sweet team. Jake, Steve, lit' Danny Morgan...
Oh, NFL cult meeting at my place Friday, 8pm. Bring your black and blue hoods, I'll provide chips and dip.

Posted by: I Love Me Some Key | Jul 11, 2007 3:11:20 PM

Keep reading and do less second guessing. The Panthers are doing what it takes to rebound from last season.

Posted by: par404 | Jul 16, 2007 5:08:57 PM

Alexa I like your spunk!! Why don't you come play with my dogs.

Posted by: M Vick | Jul 20, 2007 7:11:06 AM