« Jake's No. 3 | Main | Where's Weinke? »

September 30, 2007

Panthers deny television report

Panthers officials are denying a television report by Fox Sports today that said quarterback Jake Delhomme needs surgery on his right elbow.

Delhomme is dressed today and will be the No. 3 quarterback behind David Carr and Matt Moore. Coach John Fox said Monday that Delhomme does not need surgery.

Team officials said that hasn't changed. Team spokesman Charlie Dayton said Delhomme remains in a "rehab and rest'' situation. Dayton said he couldn't rule out the possibility that Delhomme could have surgery at some point down the road, but said the plan remains to treat the elbow with rest and rehabilitation. - PAT YASINSKAS

Posted by Observer Sports on September 30, 2007 at 03:09 PM | Permalink

Comments

Yeah, didn't we hear from this fantastic group of reporters that Jake Delhomme had played his last game ever for the Panthers following his injury LAST year? I wouldn't buy what they were selling if my life depended on it.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Sep 30, 2007 3:37:10 PM

WOW that look like, right down the field and scored!!!

GO BUCS

Posted by: Doofus Dan | Sep 30, 2007 4:15:19 PM

WOW three and out, not a good start for the Panzies

Posted by: Doofus Dan | Sep 30, 2007 4:21:31 PM

Look at Garcia, what a master pulling the defense offsides like that , twice now and no Pep to contend with.

Posted by: Doofus Dan | Sep 30, 2007 4:26:56 PM

Stovall, down at the 5. Man tough hole to be against the mighty Buc Defense.

Posted by: Doofus Dan | Sep 30, 2007 4:29:41 PM

Stop picking on the Panthers, they suck.

Posted by: Will | Sep 30, 2007 4:36:30 PM

its a home game guys...just go ahead and chalk this one up for the road team. i smell 8-8.

Posted by: we suck | Sep 30, 2007 4:44:53 PM

Can you just forfeit a season?

Does anyone know?

Posted by: Will | Sep 30, 2007 4:54:20 PM

After the 2nd half the Panthers will come back and win 21-20. Carr and Jarrett will take things over on the offense, and that milksop Garcia is going to get his bell rung twice or more.

Posted by: hooo-ver | Sep 30, 2007 5:37:14 PM

So, uh, has anybody this afternoon begun to appreciate what the PAnthers had in Jake Delhomme?

Posted by: benny hill | Sep 30, 2007 5:51:38 PM

I'm turning in my coat and jumping ship! I heard that the Patriots are a pretty good team. Think I'm gonna start wearing their colors. This Panther fan s##t is gonna kill me if I don't. BTW, Panther fans are like Carolina natives--- low moral and consequently extremely critical of others... booing your team early in the third quarter because you don't like the play calling?? Football in the Carolinas stinks at every level! Can't even enjoy a live game without some ugly, stinky, fat & stupid redneck embarrassing the rest of the fans...!!!

Posted by: SYRPIS | Sep 30, 2007 6:13:40 PM

Wow!!! I hate to say this but this years Panthers don't seem to play with any enthusiasm and if they don't change that in a hurry this will be a long season. The offense is doing nothing and the defense is not stopping anybody(ex: Joey Harrington 350+ yds last week)Sad it's just sad

Posted by: PnthrFnInAtl | Sep 30, 2007 6:27:41 PM

It's a shame that Mr. Richardson has spent millions to bring a franchise to Charlotte and ended up with a PEE WEE team. He deserves more than he has received.

Posted by: Dan | Sep 30, 2007 6:55:41 PM

Let see the problems with last few games:
1)Soft in the middle against the pass
2)No pass rush
3)D-Line has not attitude (except Jenkins)
4)Oppposing QBs throwing for 9 million yards
5)Not getting it to Steve Smith
6)Letting opposing offenses run and pass up and down the field at will
7)Losing a home game (badly)
Oh those problems are still there, way to game plan coaches!

Posted by: Jessman | Sep 30, 2007 7:21:24 PM

it's a shame he puts up with it , but his decisions for coaches have all been questionable....i wouldn't give fox anytime to explain to me why this defense wasn't clicking....him being the defensive coach he is said to be. he's way to passive for me...but what do i know, when you get use to losing then is just "sop" to do it all the time. i wish i could get paid to lose.

Posted by: l yle justice | Sep 30, 2007 7:27:09 PM

Hey, Pantherfan, can you say goose-egg , well almost... I say a team at halftime run the ball pretty strong, maybe they should have played in the Panthers place. It couldn't have been much worse.

Posted by: Doofus Dan | Sep 30, 2007 9:01:21 PM

THSI WAS PITIFUL PERFORMANCE ALL THE WAY AROUND, I AM EMBARRASED FOR JERRY AND I TRULY FEEL SINCE FOX GOT HIS DEAL HE HASNT HAD HIS TEAM READY, I HAVE 10 SEATS 8 OF WHICH ARE ON THE FRONT ROW THEY ARE NOW ON STUB HUB, NOT BECAUSE OF THE RECORD BUT BECAUSE OF THE HEART OR LACK THEREOF.

PANTHER ELVIS

Posted by: PANTHER ELVIS | Sep 30, 2007 9:09:11 PM

I feel for the Panther Fans that attended that game in person. It was painful enough for me to watch it on Direct TV. Any thoughts on the Panthers new head coach. Possibly, Bill Cowher will be ready to come back to coaching next year.

Posted by: Jimbo | Sep 30, 2007 11:23:46 PM

What happened to the Panther's fierce defense? Is there now no pass rush??? I think 8-8 is optimistic at this point.

Let's assume Carr can't handle the offense while Delhomme is recovering. Use him like the Bears used Kyle Orton two years ago. Keep feeding Foster the ball. Keep doing safe unexciting things on the offense, and let the defense keep us competitive. After the openents defense is gearing up to stop the run, through it to Smith, or Carter, of King, Or Jarett (if he ever gets to play). Oh wait, this defense gives up yards and points like a JV defense. Where's the pass rush? Where are the QB hurries, and sacks? Where are the interceptions? Never mind!

Posted by: Nick | Oct 1, 2007 1:47:05 PM

I watched the team thru the 1-15 season so I can comment
The panthers suck at home I dont see coach Fox hangin on
much longer and ditto these wanna be assitant coaches
I think the Jake glory days are past and we are about to
see the torch passed.
The panthers need to quit the strutting till they deserve to do so.
I for one dont see them winning 6 games which one sports writer predicted.
All and all worst excuse for a football team Ive seen since Ive been
watching the sport.

York South Carolina

Posted by: D Shoemake | Oct 1, 2007 2:10:07 PM

Bye Syrpis. Don't come back.

Posted by: S.H. | Oct 1, 2007 2:53:25 PM