« Panthers deny television report | Main | Jenkins blasts Panthers, calls effort garbage »

September 30, 2007

Where's Weinke?

In case you're wondering, and you probably are after watching David Carr's first few drives, Chris Weinke's still in Charlotte. Co-worker Tom Sorensen saw him in a grocery store a week or two ago. That part's true and confirmed. Also, Sorensen's not certain, but there was a guy stocking shelves who looked a lot like Jeff Lewis. - PAT YASINSKAS

Posted by Observer Sports on September 30, 2007 at 04:50 PM | Permalink

Comments

Sorry Pat, I'd rather become a soccer fan then have Wienke back. That may be a possibility the way we look right now though.

Posted by: jason | Sep 30, 2007 5:01:29 PM

plan and simple our defense SUCK!!!! it makes me sick to see tampa go through us like this, our linebackers,safeties, and our d-line is weak. we're not going to the playoffs we need to have a good draft and get a new defense. cause we suck...

Posted by: broderick | Sep 30, 2007 5:33:48 PM

I have ALWAYS been a Fox supporter. But its time for him to go. This team should be ashamed of their performance, or lack thereof, and that is Fox's job.

Posted by: Tony F'ing Rowell | Sep 30, 2007 5:45:17 PM

On a high note, Baker should be representing the NFC in the pro-bowl. At least we can say that.

Posted by: jason | Sep 30, 2007 5:51:48 PM

The Panthers DEFENSE...SUCKS..! Getting rid of Coach Fox might be in our best interest. Also getting a good defensive line would help a lot. We definitely can not forget a real backup quarterback. We need a solid guy to backup Delhomme, that is if Delhomme is still around after next season.

Posted by: Houston | Sep 30, 2007 5:52:19 PM

how about this for a title, Where's Smith?

Posted by: joe | Sep 30, 2007 6:05:00 PM

Would you un-educated fans stop griping? Remember, a punt is a good play. We lead 7-2
Baker RULES!!!!!!

Posted by: Juan | Sep 30, 2007 6:08:48 PM

i just dont get the offense looks lost, i love fox too but he needs to do something especially with bill cowher out there, and we should of got rid of the defensive coordinator last year too. the defense has been getting worst and worst. can i say will witherspoon should be back there..dumb move, can i say keyshawn johnson..

Posted by: broderick | Sep 30, 2007 6:13:25 PM

2 psl's for sale. S-O-S. Get behind and quit. Maybe we are the suckers...we bought the team.

Posted by: gg | Sep 30, 2007 6:18:28 PM

"Meshawn" Keyshawn was the greatest transaction in Panther's history... when they cut his a** that is. Weinke would be an upgrade, and it wouldn't be the first time the team got someone off of the street to fill a uniform. Moreover, it's about all Richardson is willing to spend on some FA "talent." I know it is still early, but this team is toast.

Posted by: SYRPIS | Sep 30, 2007 6:19:32 PM

I wish that the team could know how sick the performances this season have made the fans. I dont care who we have on our team...I just want to win. It doesnt seem like our guys even care until its too late. We got lucky that we were playing a terrible falcons team last week. This week we played a quality team and got smacked because our defense is terrible. What the heck is Mike Trgovac doing? I am one of many who believe that that he has only been good in the past because of our player personel. Now when we dont have a leader in the secondary his defense is terrible. A good coordinator woud scheme better and switch things up a little bit. I hate calling for people's jobs especially this early in the season but he has done nothing to deserve the position that he is in. He is terrible!

Posted by: MH | Sep 30, 2007 6:26:29 PM

This is one of the worst games I have ever seen the Panthers play.
I too have always been a Fox supporter but the team looks dead. It's the coaches job to fire up the team. I haven't seen that happen for a long time now.
The defense flat out stinks.
I can excuse the offense somewhat with Carr having his first start here. Now's when the D should be stepping up their game.

Posted by: Juan | Sep 30, 2007 6:32:43 PM

This team has no heart and no desire. Where is the intestity and fire to prove your the best? David Carr is terrible and that is why no one else picked him up. He can't read defenses. Hey Carr I have some inside information, the bucs always run a cover 2!! You don't need to tape defensive signals to know that. I hope Jake is back soon because at least he brings some emotion when he is on the field.

Posted by: Matt | Sep 30, 2007 6:40:19 PM

We waited until late in the third quarter to begin blitzing with Marshall? My other issue goes with the Kris Jenkins comment, these guys are not playing with any fire on defense and the offense still acts like they are afraid to attack the defense. I'm still waiting for the real Panthers to show up.

Posted by: timmer_ax | Sep 30, 2007 6:54:58 PM

You guys forgot to bring it.

I tried to tell you this Bucs team is much better than you're used to seeing. Next time, bring some football smack or did you know you were going to get rolled and not want to admit it?

Good luck 'til we meet again.

Posted by: Mr.T | Sep 30, 2007 6:57:47 PM

We started the Carr... time to park the Carr.

Posted by: ugghhh | Sep 30, 2007 6:58:11 PM

And I am fairly sick of seeing Colbert smile after catching a pass down by 20 with 3 minutes to go.

Catch the ball when it matters, clown.

Posted by: ugghhh | Sep 30, 2007 7:01:16 PM

Of course there was a holding penatly; however, looks like Carter can make a spactacular catch when the game is out of hand as well.

Again, how about pulling one in when it matters?

Posted by: ugghh | Sep 30, 2007 7:03:44 PM

the defense is unmotivated at this point. the offense, oh well what can you say...we need a quarterback and Delhomme and Carr are not it. Delhomme was the best the first year he played and after that i've seen better high school games, Carr has to wear the gloves and throws a five yard pass because he has better feel for the ball. heck he couldn't feel any balls with those gloves so get over it and demand he play like a pro and not a high school player. we have the best potential defense of any team, but they have no spark. this is either the coaches problem or the players. let's trade all the players and dissolve the unmotivated players that can't contribute to a winning team or tell fox it's time to go back to ny.

Posted by: l yle justice | Sep 30, 2007 7:06:49 PM

is julius sick,or is he sending us a message.

Posted by: broderick | Sep 30, 2007 7:11:43 PM

So where are all of the Carr supporters who were so in favor a benching Jake (even before he was hurt) ? But like Carr, the defense failed to show up

Posted by: Jake fan | Sep 30, 2007 7:14:28 PM

Look Carr is our QB right now, I just watched the whole game and I don't know what you saw but what I saw was no help for the QB, takes an offensive line too.. He did some good things, and some bad, how bout' the dropped ball by Smith ?? That would have been a td.. Carr never had a chance to do anything.. And what the heck has happened to our defense ?? I have always liked Trgovac but the whole defensive line is terrible... And where is Peppers, yeah he is out there, but what is he doing, not the Peppers of the past .. I do not know what is going through Fox's head, nothing but respect for that man, but geez..... All I can do is shake my head, and hope for a good game next week.. Thank goodness it was not a shut out.. Oh and I have seen times here where Jake got bashed too.. Give Carr a chance, remember the drops by Smith, King, & Foster.. They did not help !!

Posted by: sick to my stomach | Sep 30, 2007 7:20:30 PM

We need 2 WRs, 1 DE, 3 LBs, a backup QB, 2 Safetys and a partridge in a pear tree. Man we're lookin really bad, out there. Smith and a subpar running game is not enough to be sucessful in this league. I mean come Fox we look the same as last year. These guys look like there just happy to be in the league. I guest we'll be better next year but we need to overhaul the hole team. We look weak, literally. Peppers should take the C off his jersey and give it to Thomas Davis. The defense is nothing and is lacking leadership, Fox must be ready to go back to New York because Eli is there. On the other hand, just look how the young players for the Bucs were into the game, making tackle, Forcing fumbles, doing what it takes to win football games. The Bucs are 4real. Oh! and a shotout goes out to Safety Chris Harris at least they know they played us. That dude can hit!!!!!!!1

Posted by: Born_ah_heel | Sep 30, 2007 7:20:31 PM

For Joe's question about Smith:

He was sucking hind titty just like the rest of the pussy-cats. Rhonde Barber not only ate his lunch, he took the desseret from his dinner as well.

Get used to it, Carolina is a good team, better than Atlanta and the A'ints.

But you better bring it all when you cross swords with the Bucs.

Our D is back, with younger fill-ins. Gruden finall has a QB that fits.

I would almost bet the farm, that had Garcia thrown a "Hail Mary" to Galloway in the closing seconds, it would have been succesful.

Posted by: Duffiedawg | Sep 30, 2007 7:22:55 PM

BTW, if what all I have heard from the "Fans", if you are tired of the "Dr. Pepper" trade him to us, the Bucs.

He just met a stellar DL today named Trueblood. Get used to the name, he is going to haunt you a long, long, time.

Posted by: Duffiedawg | Sep 30, 2007 7:29:16 PM