« Today's inactives | Main | The Panthers' grades for Sunday ... »

October 28, 2007

Bloom time?

Going to go out on a limb here and make a prediction that return man Jeremy Bloom will be signed by the Panthers in the next few days. The Panthers worked him out last week and rookie punt returner Ryne Robinson just handed the Colts three points. One other prediction: Steve Smith will handle most of the rest of the punt returns today. - PAT YASINSKAS

Posted by Observer Sports on October 28, 2007 at 01:33 PM | Permalink

Comments

Would it be a chance in the offseason that we will snatch Chad Johnson to play along side Steve Smith....old team mates... And then Steve's most hated rival. DeAngelo Hall. Let Atlanta get rid of him. The NFC south teams are going to go after him hard before any other division. It all evolves around Steve Smith. The other best reciever to him and one of the best defenders at CB. That would rise the team up. And would be the team to beat. So I rally for Steves old team mate Chad Johnson and DeAngelo Hall. Think about that Panther World it could be easyly done. Both are seemingly on their way out...Holla Lets go Panthers....Doing a great job today keep it up. Poise!!!

Posted by: Panther Fan D | Oct 28, 2007 2:01:21 PM

Are you joking? NO HALL, he wouldn't come over here anyway.

Posted by: joe | Oct 28, 2007 2:42:25 PM

yeah, sounds good. Why don't we trade for Terrell Owens and Randy Moss while we're at it? Turn the Panthers into a goon squad all over again. I like the character of this team right now, let's not ruin it with guys like Chad Johnson and DeAngelo Hall.

Posted by: Blitzen | Oct 28, 2007 2:52:22 PM

Pat, I think it's Cowher time...

Posted by: Jake's Elbow | Oct 28, 2007 3:42:49 PM

0-3 at home, nice showing guys. This comes after a bye week, an Indy short week, and no Marvin Harrison.

Posted by: Steven | Oct 28, 2007 3:52:05 PM

All,

i have one question the first quarter showed what we can really do against the best team in the NFL. come on man, any one that reads this. what the F over.who are we as a team this is crazy man crazy what the heck. they stopped doing what works short passes a run and then go deep. Y everytime they start to do good they stop and shoot themselves in the foot. also

Posted by: panta4life | Oct 28, 2007 4:14:36 PM

Does Peppers stil play for Carolina??

Posted by: Jimmy | Oct 28, 2007 4:16:46 PM

Anyone else notice how Lucas continually gets burnt for the long ball, heck, even the short ball. Lucas needs to be handed his release along with Trgovac.

Posted by: Panthers | Oct 28, 2007 4:28:17 PM

This is ridiculous. No wins at home for the season and 4 wins against 4 very weak teams. John Fox is not all that's wrong with this team but firing him along with everyone else on the over hyped defensive front can't hurt.

Posted by: D-roc | Oct 28, 2007 4:32:56 PM

ridiculous.....absolutely. BOA has officially become the "place we wanna play"for opposing teams around the league. can we just ask the rest of teams that we're playing @ home if they would like an extra home game...i would gladly sacrifice watching david carr in person for a good road win observing from my couch. Carr is tee-totally horrendous... putting him behind center is basically surrendering our chances of being victorious. I'm pretty sure matt moore was our 3rd string qb today (lets give 'em a chance).
d'angelo should be our return man.

Posted by: Riddle | Oct 28, 2007 6:00:18 PM

i can't believe that we were in control for a quarter and a half and then just to fall and get the doors knocked off is crazy

Posted by: panta4life | Oct 28, 2007 7:04:02 PM

STEVE SMITH SAID HE WAS GOING TO GET 2000 YARDS RECEIVING THIS YEAR...HA HA...

HE HAS TO TAKE SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITY AND GET OPEN...HE IS GETTING JAMMED AT THE LINE AND THEN CRIES ON THE SIDELINES...

I GUESS HE WILL NOT TALK TO THE MEDIA AGAIN THIS WEEK

Posted by: Carl Leazer | Oct 28, 2007 7:05:04 PM

The Loss dose not bother me at all,The Colts and The Pats,are blowin all the teams they play out the water,we are not the only one,But anyway I agree about Lucas,he and Gamble seem to have lost a step or two,BUT,I still do not blame the D-fense,Its the total Offense fault all the way,THEY JUST CANT SCORE! Its time to do something and fast, Or somebody bout to get their feelins hurt(BAD)I mean real bad,Look at this way,Carolina lose one more game,The Saints may tie!,They appeared to be gellen!Carolina Look Out!

Posted by: #1 Fan | Oct 28, 2007 7:08:13 PM

TO THE MORON WHO THINKS THAT WE DONT NEED A REAL CORNER LIKE HALL, IS DUMB AS HELL O I GET IT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE CONTENT WITH GAMBLE AND LUCAS, UMMMMM LET ME THINK ABOUT THAT!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO. AND U R RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING WE DONT NEED CHAD JOHNSON, HEY SOMEONE TELL OUR COORDINATOR, WE HAVE A PHYSICAL BEST ROOKIE RECIEVER NAMED JARRETT, THAT WERE NOT EVEN PLAYIN.

Posted by: truthbtold | Oct 28, 2007 9:03:27 PM

I know this is off topic, but what kind of blog features one post after kickoff? The Panthers should sign Jeremy Bloom in the next week? That's it? Three hours of hell and all our beat writer can give us is one post about a future kick returner?

Posted by: Stewart | Oct 28, 2007 9:06:46 PM

Stewart,
Thanks for the comment, I was gonna point out the same thing...This "blog" is a joke...The Panthers again got their asses handed to them at home at we get NO info on the game...I wish one of these beat writers would ask Mr Richardson his thoughts on the fans leaving at the start of the 4th quarter in 3 consecutive home games. I'm a big Panther fan, but its gonna be a LONG season with Carr at qb, I really hope Jake makes it back or this organization is in trouble.

Posted by: Red | Oct 28, 2007 9:15:32 PM

Red that is true,But to be honest,They do not score alot more with Jake,I think this team is in trouble anyway,The coachin dosent seem to trust any of them to take the ball down the field,It appears that the play callin dose not TRUST our QBs,(NO THROWING THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD) That is how every team at home beat Carolina,was throwing the ball,I say there 's got to be a change,This is anough,This team is WAAAAAY TOO GOOD FOR THIS!

Posted by: #1 Fan | Oct 28, 2007 9:50:27 PM

hey lets bring in chad johnson. good player, good teammate. doesn't throw people under the bus. but Deangelo Hall? Carolina is an organziation that prides itself on character guys, and Hall isn't one of them. He is a bum. really good football player, but not panther material. if we bring in hall, lets trade for vick, sign O.J. as RB, re-sign Rae Carruth as WR. Todd Sauerbrun as P.

Posted by: chris norman | Oct 29, 2007 11:38:39 AM

Hmmm Chris, I wish we did have Vick! I really
think that he didn't feel he was doing anything wrong. Though I don't like it, folks have fought dogs for centuries. One day there will be a crackdown on folks who murder deer just to stuff their heads and hang them on a wall. I used to be a hunter but just see killing animals as wrong now. I have a feeling that Vick now feels the same way about dogs.

Posted by: david | Oct 29, 2007 2:56:07 PM

Pats predictions are about as good as the panthers offensive scheme.

Posted by: The Critic | Oct 29, 2007 4:07:22 PM

oh, my bad...wrong bulletin board.

Posted by: Bill Cowher | Oct 29, 2007 5:06:11 PM

recipe for success:

1. Fire Trgovac (Del Rio Come Back!!!)
2. Bring in a PROVEN talent scout (gotta hate we ditched Bill Polian...look at how his team did us Sunday)
3. Trade/Dump all of our receivers (except Smith and Jarret) for Ocho Cinco
4. Draft a "FRANCHISE" quarterback (and to think we had an oppty to draft Quinn, but traded down...SMH)
5. Cut Dan Morgan
6. (fill in the blank)
7. Play like we effin' mean business!!

My heart hurts today...and i know we're still in first place, but...is anybody watching the Saints? This is the weakest division in the entire NFL, and we could've had our division locked up by Thanksgiving...but noooooooooooooooo...now we gonna have to scrap and claw w/ the rest of these loser teams only to limp into the playoffs and lose in the first round. This season is so predictable unless we start makin plays.

Looks like next year is the beginning of a rebuilding stage..AND I'M ALL FOR IT!!

I love my Panthers..but dammit man!!!!!!

Posted by: styles | Oct 29, 2007 5:19:00 PM

kery colbert is true hot freakin garbage, he drops like 80% of his passes. wheres that reciever from the preseason Biddle something, he caught everything and was burning everybody. Loose Carr and basanez< give Matt moore a try.

Posted by: Troy | Oct 29, 2007 10:14:55 PM

I'm wondering if it's the return man as much as it is the blocking for the return man? Obviously a combination of both, but it may be a bigger issue than just who is back there if they don't have a strong supporting cast doing what they're supposed to be doing. Maybe our returners aren't finding any holes because there aren't any holes to find.

Posted by: john | Oct 30, 2007 10:04:11 AM