« Summer School starts Wesdnesday | Main | Delhomme takes reps with first team »

May 27, 2008

Panthers re-sign DeLoatch

The Carolina Panthers on Tuesday re-signed backup cornerback Curtis DeLoatch, who played six games last season before injuring his knee against Indianapolis. DeLoatch, who played at N.C. A&T and was born in Murfreesboro, has played for the New York Giants, New Orleans Saints and the Panthers in four seasons as a pro. David Scott

Posted by Observer Sports on May 27, 2008 at 05:50 PM | Permalink

Comments

why?

Posted by: daniel | May 27, 2008 6:29:09 PM

Just another body to give the roster players a breather, I guess.

Posted by: Wayne D | May 27, 2008 6:35:16 PM

He was a guy that was doing awesome in training camp, who was fighting for playing time and an injury cut his climb up the ladder a bit short. I'm glad they resigned him if for nothing else then a great #4

Posted by: pantherbayarea | May 27, 2008 7:27:02 PM

Why did they do this. We already have Marshall, Gamble, Lucas, Colcough and Wesley. This guy isn't just sticking around for OTA's. I'm assuming they're going to get rid of Colcough. Which would be a stupid move. However, Deloatch isn't bad.

Posted by: Doug | May 27, 2008 8:42:11 PM

No need to make a big deal out of this. It seemed like Deloatch was cut, re-signed, and cut again several times last season. There's no guarantee or big money involved here, so why criticize. Either he or Colclough will be gone after preseason anyway...

Posted by: Haywood Jablowmi | May 27, 2008 11:08:59 PM

flip-flop, flip-flop.
Is john f'n kerry running this team?

Posted by: baver | May 27, 2008 11:49:31 PM

Not really worth debating is it? There's always one corner who bounces off and on the roster. He'll get injured then they sign some random guy off the street.. happens every year.

Posted by: Ashe | May 28, 2008 12:01:55 AM

Guys,,, it's frigging MAY....!!!!

Why do you give a flip who they sign now,,, the only time you should care, is when they make the cut down to 53 players...!!!

Posted by: Catsnmbr1fan | May 28, 2008 12:38:40 AM

Good move. He added value before being injured and I'm sure he isn't costing much.
Aggie Pride!!

Posted by: AggieDecks | May 28, 2008 12:57:00 AM

Wow, some of you are blowing this way out of proportion. They signed him simply so he can compete for a backup spot and give competition to the other guys trying to make the team. Hes simply getting a chance to make the team and if he steps up and plays better than the guys hes competiing with, he'll make it.

Posted by: ND | May 28, 2008 7:55:26 AM

Im all for this. I wanted the Panthers to pick him up ever since he was at A&T. The guy has produced every where he has played. I honestly feel he could take Gamble's spot..if not, lets try him at punt return..AGGIE PRIDE!!!...-Chan

Posted by: CHAN | May 28, 2008 9:40:36 AM

I swear, some people try and find fault in every move this organization makes.

Posted by: m | May 28, 2008 9:49:03 AM

Greetings. Its a very boring Post, how about some training camp news.
Just wanted to let all my friends here now, ( this is one of my favoriye blogs) that I have a new sports show called "The Free Radical Show". Basicaly its me interviewing athletes, coaches, beat writers, pundits and fanatics. And I turn them into Podcasts. I have 2 podcast up right now and they are very funny. I would love to interview PROCTOR. Since he is the most knowlegable and entertaining of all you losers, admitingly soft though. And those cats who want to change the logo. Please contact me. Please check it out. This is a bit of shameless promotion, but I visit this site everyday, so i would be doing you all a great dissevice by not letting you know about the blog. Anyway go Cats!!!

Posted by: The Free Radical Show | May 28, 2008 11:32:42 AM

his name is Procton, Idiot. Go lose an electron and become the cation show.

Posted by: justin | May 28, 2008 2:56:45 PM

Sounds like a looser to me... this Free Radical show...

Posted by: Cameron | May 28, 2008 6:29:05 PM

Deloatch just became the fourth-best corner on our roster. Colclough isn't a better KR than Robinson, and he can't cover anybody to save his life. Good move, and it was probably cheap, too.

Posted by: Michael Procton | May 29, 2008 12:41:39 AM

Why sign Curtis for, didn't Fox and Hurney see him get burned when he was with the Saints by Reggie Wayne? and you know Wayne is not fast.

Posted by: De-Nice | May 29, 2008 10:31:42 AM

Guys, you all honestly need to quit your whining. This guy is training camp training. Nothing more. He's there to give other players competition.

Posted by: Revshawn | May 29, 2008 12:36:09 PM

Dude..........Talk about boring, that "Free Radical Show" is a complete joke. If I wanted a headache, I'd listen to that pod-cast. Who in the hell is "Ocho the mexican fortune teller"? Is that Cleo the Psychic's nephew? Technical Difficulties.....try the whole thing is a technical difficulty, totally LAME-O.

Posted by: rhackney | May 29, 2008 11:16:14 PM

I am from Hertford County just as is Curtis Deloatch. I have known Curt for a while now. I know he has had injuries, but I still think he can play in the NFL. Keep ya head up Curt. Rooting for you in HC.

Posted by: Brian Jones | Jul 31, 2009 1:14:19 PM