« Source: Scott's injury not serious | Main | Thoughts on DTs, etc. »

July 31, 2008

Favre to NFC South?

For the past couple of weeks, Tampa Bay has been the team that made the most sense as a new home for Brett Favre. Now, the Bucs literally stick out like a sore thumb (er, leg).

News today that Jeff Garcia injured his right calf in a non-contact scrambling drill at the Bucs' training camp figures to ramp up talks between Green Bay and Tampa regarding Favre. The Packers reportedly want a first-round pick in return, which seems ridiculous for a player who may have only one or two years remaining.

But the Bucs may just be desperate. Plus, coach/quarterback guru Jon Gruden would love to have Favre on hand, even though Gruden is downplaying Garcia's injury.

Keep on eye on this one. It could get really interesting really soon.

This affects the Panthers, of course, because both teams are in the NFC South and play twice this season -- Oct 12 in Tampa and Dec. 8 in Charlotte in a Monday Night Football game.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on July 31, 2008 at 11:47 AM | Permalink

Comments

Frankly, TB's offense doesn't concern me at all, and Brett Favre wouldn't change that. Their skill position players are bad: Ernest Graham is still a one-year wonder, and their wideouts are...Michael Clayton (another one-year wonder...is it a trend?), and Joey Galloway, who's what, 50 now?

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 31, 2008 11:54:22 AM

this is not good if it happens

Posted by: matt | Jul 31, 2008 12:01:19 PM

Who cares where he goes. It may actually be good that Favre goes to TB, because Favre is on the cover of my game, and whoever he plays for he won't be playing for long. They thought the curse was dead, but now that Favre is reinstated, my curse is reinstated. Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa! Pass the turkey leg!

Posted by: Madden | Jul 31, 2008 12:10:52 PM

We've had many more problems over the years with Garcia than we have Favre. I welcome him to the Bucs.

Posted by: JanitorDan | Jul 31, 2008 12:18:11 PM

It disturbs me greatly that I agree with Michael Procton on this.

Posted by: John | Jul 31, 2008 2:35:04 PM

I couldn't agree more about the mediocre players Tampa Bay has at the skill positions. I also agree with Dan about Garcia. He gives us trouble no matter what team he is with peroid. Oh and John if the simple fact of agreeing with Procton disturbs you then you need to go see a shrink and get a life.

Posted by: JV | Jul 31, 2008 5:37:07 PM