« TE Barnidge joins list of signees | Main | Biggest play in Panthers history? »

July 16, 2008

Guard Bernadeau makes 3 rookie signings

The Carolina Panthers signed offensive guard Mackenzy Bernadeau on Wednesday. Bernadeau, a seventh-round pick from Bentley (Mass.), was the 250th overall selection in last spring’s NFL draft. The team already has signed defensive tackle Nick Hayden (from the sixth round) and fifth-rounder Gary Barnidge, a tight end.

The Panthers also waived free-agent defensive tackle Anthony Harris. -- DAVID SCOTT

Posted by Observer Sports on July 16, 2008 at 07:11 PM | Permalink

Comments

Hayden is a DT isn't he?

Posted by: JR | Jul 16, 2008 7:27:44 PM

yup.....a Defensive Tackle he is....

Posted by: matt | Jul 16, 2008 7:45:46 PM

For all you Procton haters, you've GOT to check this out!

Copy and paste it into the browser if need be. It really is worth it!

Posted by: Irony | Jul 16, 2008 8:41:48 PM

Fixing Hayden's position... thanks guys!
David S.

Posted by: David Scott | Jul 16, 2008 9:09:08 PM

So am I reading too much into things again, or do late round picks usually jump on the initial offers given to them? Reason I'm asking is because everybody else had Mackenzy Bernadeau (cut and pasted his name) signed already. When a made a comment about that, I was told that he was actually still looking over his contract. Deos that mean all the other journalists just went with the story assuming that he would sign without incident becuase everyone else in his position does? If so, why was this particular player putting on the brakes when it came to signing his?

Posted by: SYRPIS | Jul 16, 2008 9:38:21 PM

SYRP, it was a matter of the contract being agreed to, just not signed, sealed, and delivered. Could be a paperwork issue if he's part of a big agency, or his agent could have been frying bigger fish, or hell, he could have even been on vacation. Either way, no big deal, and he's locked up if we want him.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 17, 2008 12:22:29 AM

Sorry, Mickey...Eeyore's my one and only.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 17, 2008 8:31:02 AM

Wow, I knew you guys made fun of Procton but I thought it was just b/c he is a dick on these blogs. But really the guy spends all day just going around to different blogs. What a miserable existence, I almost feel bad for the guy.

Posted by: Mason | Jul 17, 2008 8:56:10 AM

Just 3...keeps the work day moving.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 17, 2008 9:41:22 AM

Oh, and no need to feel bad for me...I certainly don't.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 17, 2008 9:42:38 AM

PJ, I'm still waiting to see your first productive FOOTBALL-related comment on this FOOTBALL board. You seem to be much better at issuing personal attacks. So who's the "tool" again?

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 17, 2008 10:28:22 AM

Billy Packer says that Hayden is one tough little monkey.

Posted by: watchdoggin | Jul 17, 2008 11:59:28 AM

I think that'd be a fair way to describe his playing style, wd...although at 6-4, 291, he's hardly little.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Jul 17, 2008 1:29:47 PM

Great work ethic Procton. If I was you boss I would fire your ASS for playing on work time all day.

Posted by: JD | Jul 17, 2008 4:39:37 PM