« Panthers sign WR Parker | Main | Notes from Wednesday's practice »

August 26, 2008

Carter says injury wasn't caused by hit

You've got to feel for Jason Carter.

I just spoke to him briefly and he was in good spirits about his season-ending knee injury. Of course, he's disappointed, but he said he knows God has a plan for him.

Carter said he had never been hurt playing football before his knee gave way on a fourth-quarter punt return against the Redskins. He said his torn anterior cruciate ligament wasn't caused by a hit from another player, but that the injury occurred when he was trying to make a cut.

Carter had a terrific training camp and preseason and was poised to make the Panthers' regular season roster as a backup wide receiver and kick-returning option.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on August 26, 2008 at 02:55 PM | Permalink

Comments

I feel for this guy. He was showing such promise. Hopefully, Hackett can hack it!

Posted by: chanrock | Aug 26, 2008 3:09:34 PM

he'll be back next year!

Posted by: tarheel08 | Aug 26, 2008 3:39:47 PM

Chris,
Can you tell us the real story about Hacketts' injury?
Thanks, Roger

Posted by: Roger | Aug 26, 2008 4:31:39 PM

I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Posted by: MikeL57 | Aug 26, 2008 5:05:06 PM

Mr. DJ Hackett,

Can you please donate some of that money we paid you to "play" this year back to charity? You have ALL off season to get healthy and then a few days after the start of training camp you have a TOE injury and haven't been heard from since?!?

What's your status man? I'm pulling for you trust me I am but since I know you probably read these blogs all day(since you aren't playing football), why not just tell us what's going on, your status, etc.?

Posted by: BJ | Aug 26, 2008 6:18:10 PM

I second that message BJ, cause i want to know whats going on too mr. hackett!! And trust me i am pulling for you too, just getting a little frustrated. I guess thats what we get, since we new you were already injury prone. But, he has all the intangibles, what a waste!!!

Posted by: Chuck | Aug 26, 2008 9:40:18 PM

While I know that Hackett has a history with injuries the Panthers have a history of being hush about their injuries and also have said they know what they have in Hackett. I wouldn't be surprised if they are just keeping him out because of a minor issue and he will be ready to go Week 1. At least thats what I am hoping.

Posted by: Henry | Aug 26, 2008 11:16:05 PM

Is it just me, or does it seem that every time we have an undrafted "sleeper" player, they get hurt late in the preseason, never to be heard from again?

Posted by: David | Aug 27, 2008 8:39:14 AM

David,

I think most undrafted "sleeper" players are never heard from again once the season starts and you have something else to do besides watch practices.

Posted by: Billy | Aug 27, 2008 11:31:01 AM

Not to get off the subject, but did anyone read this article on espn. John Clayton (NFL hall of famer) is predicting Julius Peppers to be the Defensive player of the year!! How you like that. BS or not he is a beast right now!!!

Posted by: Chuck | Aug 27, 2008 2:47:23 PM

Friday and Saturday night, come check me out at the Matthew's Comedy Zone. Shows are at 8 and 10!

Posted by: Eric | Aug 27, 2008 3:04:03 PM

Yeah, Peps looks like a beast this year, of course he looks better than last year, but he's showing the same energy that he had as a rookie and he definately is much bigger than he ever has been, I do think playing at his natural side of the line will be a great benefit to him.

Posted by: matt | Aug 27, 2008 4:10:36 PM

Procton, have you ever laced up a pair of cleats to be such a enormous talent evaluator?. What is your exact qualifications?

Posted by: sam | Aug 27, 2008 4:23:19 PM

Well, lets see, so far in the 3 preseason games Peppers has played essentially the equivalent of a full game. He has 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and 3 fumble recoveries. I would say that he has looked pretty darn good this preseason.

Do you actually root against Julius just b/c of your hate for UNC after failing out? I don't care where someone played college ball, if they are on the Panthers I pull for them.

Posted by: Mason | Aug 27, 2008 5:09:43 PM

Procton,
If Peppers wins DPOY than the panthers make the playoffs easy.

Posted by: Billy | Aug 27, 2008 5:12:43 PM

Mason, Procton did not flunk out he used up his 1 year of college eligibility and is now back in the minors.

Posted by: JD | Aug 27, 2008 5:38:25 PM

carter was a beast he could of been so goooood but now hes hurt he was the best kick returner since rod smart

Posted by: yo | Aug 27, 2008 5:53:59 PM

That's crazy...15 out of 16 analysts picked New Orleans to win the NFC South??? And the other one picked us...surprising, usually the majority of these guys would have picked the division winner from last year, and yet not a single one picked Tampa. Not that New Orleans isn't a playoff contender because they are, but i dont think they should be favored that heavily.

Posted by: DB | Aug 27, 2008 6:28:24 PM

Are you kidding me.....you deleted my earlier post concerning Procton. Weak, weak blog and people. My patience is running thin with the "regulars" on here and the self-righteous moderators. If you don't want honest opinions, then don't operate a BLOG. Utterly ridiculous....you are free to comment as long as we agree with your content. (and I'm not talking about cursing or threats for all you other self-righteous and "knowledgeable" people).

Posted by: The Julius Peppers | Aug 28, 2008 5:22:55 PM

Hmm...perhaps it could be that you're impersonating another, REAL person, something that was specifically prohibited in the past month or so. Thinking and paying attention gets you oh so far these days, T--

Posted by: Michael Procton | Aug 28, 2008 5:31:07 PM

Ah ha...the last person I would suspect of answering this one... What, are you the blog police, a REAL person, or just one of these weasles working at Charlotte.com pretending to be said name member "Michael Procton" lmao. Whoever you are, I still think the best part of you ran down your daddy's leg. Let's see how long this stays on...."REAL person" I am the real JP! I'm at Heinz Field with my handy dandy Black berry chillin before the game. Let me know where you want my "sac" when I get back to Charlotte.

Posted by: The Julius Peppers | Aug 28, 2008 5:38:27 PM