« Timing not good for Colclough | Main | Panthers cuts announced »

August 30, 2008

Colclough out of jail

After spending nearly five hours in a Mecklenburg County jail today, Panthers backup cornerback Ricardo Colclough has been released, and could soon be getting his release from the team.

Colclough was charged with driving while impaired and was checked into the jail at 8:40 a.m. and then released at 1:33 p.m., according to police records.

His first court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on August 30, 2008 at 01:59 PM | Permalink

Comments

what a smart player!!! This is what ALCOHOL does to you. Gotta release him and give somebody else a chance.

Posted by: die hard panther | Aug 30, 2008 2:25:58 PM

Brilliant. Paging Dante Wesley, paging Dante Wesley...

Posted by: KCPanther | Aug 30, 2008 2:40:26 PM

everyone deserves a pass on their 1st dwi. honestly who hasn't drove under the influence atleast once in their life...

Posted by: aa | Aug 30, 2008 2:57:25 PM

What an absolute idiot. I hope they cut him! First, no pro athlete should be getting drunk during the season, they shoud honor thier bodies that they need for their profession. Secondly, you're making several hundred thousand to millions, hire a freaking taxi!!!! even if you've had two drinks. stupid stupid stupid

Posted by: isaiah | Aug 30, 2008 3:00:15 PM

Cut him. Stupidity can't be rewarded.

Posted by: William | Aug 30, 2008 3:14:31 PM

Hey I got arrested for a DWI and I got to keep my job, plus I'll probably get to start the first 2 games of the year because my teammate beat the crap out of one the guys on the defense...these are the days of our lives!

Posted by: Dwayne Jarrett | Aug 30, 2008 3:19:35 PM

Shutup Dwayne, shouldnt you be studying yer playbook?

Posted by: Smitty | Aug 30, 2008 3:20:41 PM

You all are silly, if you are going to get arrested or suspended at least have a gun on you when it happens!

Posted by: Jeremy Bridges | Aug 30, 2008 3:23:19 PM

Yeah well, at least when you do something stupid in Charlotte there are other teams out there who are stupid enough to pick us after we get released!

Posted by: Kerry Collins | Aug 30, 2008 3:24:22 PM

You guys are so wild you make us crazy for each other AGAIN let's go to Tampa :)

Posted by: Renee Thomas and Angela Keathley (TopCats) | Aug 30, 2008 3:26:14 PM

HOORAY! Any excuse to get rid of Colclough is a good one. He's a bad corner and an average returner at best.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Aug 30, 2008 3:28:11 PM

Since my wife kicked me to the curb or vice versa ;^p after I got cut - I could use some of that action!

Posted by: Karl Hankton | Aug 30, 2008 3:28:19 PM

Ya'll wanna meetup at Denny's?

Posted by: Ricky Manning Jr | Aug 30, 2008 3:31:19 PM

All you hypocritical bastards need to lay off the guy for getting a DWI. I think it's funny when two face hypocrites cast the first stone. Half you people were probably getting shit faced at the bar last night and drove home. A DWI can be overratted. What if Colclough went to dinner, had two or three drinks, and was pulled over on his way home. This would not make him a partying drunk but it could have made him blow over the limit, so before we come down too hard on the guy, lets find out what the circumstances were behind the arrest.

Posted by: Ace | Aug 30, 2008 3:32:13 PM

Im like dude, ya'll remember the good ole days, totally right? How come the Panthers think drinking and driving is bad - weird dude!

Posted by: Todd Sauerbrun | Aug 30, 2008 3:34:49 PM

Ya'll didnt think i wasnt gonna get a piece of this action did ya - suckas!!

Posted by: Rae Carruth | Aug 30, 2008 3:37:38 PM

I tried running away from my DWI, but they got carz!

Posted by: Michael Bates | Aug 30, 2008 3:38:47 PM

yeah once you get addicted to alcohol, even cancer cant stop you from tipping the bottle!

Posted by: Mark Fields | Aug 30, 2008 3:42:17 PM

Jerry, give me a call Im seeing a trend here.

Posted by: Roger Goodell | Aug 30, 2008 3:43:55 PM

Come on Roger, stop worrying the kids are just enjoying themselves with a little alcohol...at least they aint doping again...although that O line is loooking pretty good again.

Posted by: Dr. James Shortt | Aug 30, 2008 3:50:06 PM

He was defending me too close, and he said something about my mom. So i stuck him in his face? no biggy, neither is driving drunk.

Posted by: Steve Smith | Aug 30, 2008 3:50:15 PM

Jerry, perhaps you should talk to John and tell him that he needs to put his players on a short leash. Jarret last year, this year Roberto, and Steve Smith punching out a teammate. I mean come on, They are professionals, not school room bullies or alcoholics. Tell John if he cant tell his players do keep their mind on football and leave the other crap alone, then go find another job.

Posted by: Rick | Aug 30, 2008 3:55:16 PM

Judging from that mugshot, Hic-ardo skipped the dinner part.

Posted by: dogear | Aug 30, 2008 4:18:16 PM

Yall be trippin wit all dat DWI stuff! I'm sayin yo, it be OK! You gots ta chill aight!!! GO RAMS!!!

Posted by: Leonard Little | Aug 30, 2008 4:24:30 PM

Dwayne and Ric', lets toke up now. I definitely got the weed!

This message brought to you in part by the Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, and the NFL.

Posted by: Nate Newton | Aug 30, 2008 4:45:39 PM