« Panthers win, 24-9 | Main | Postgame questions answered »

September 28, 2008

Injuries update

Here's what we know about the Panthers' injuries from Sunday's game:

OT Jordan Gross suffered a concussion. Teammates spoke to him and said he was alert in the locker room at halftime. His status for next week's game against Kansas City isn't known.

OT Jeff Otah said he sprained his right ankle and that it's OK. Otah also said he could have come back in the game if another offensive lineman had gotten hurt.

QB Jake Delhomme took a knee to his quad muscle in the first quarter. He's got a wrap on his leg and said he's OK. -- David Scott

Posted by Observer Sports on September 28, 2008 at 05:08 PM | Permalink

Comments

I thought Otah had a knee problem, so boy am I happy

Posted by: Billy | Sep 28, 2008 5:29:29 PM

same here

Posted by: paul | Sep 28, 2008 5:33:33 PM

I'm glad to hear everyone is pretty much OK. The injury that scared me the most is Jake's. Everyone knows he is the one player we can least afford to lose.

Posted by: Jay | Sep 28, 2008 5:41:42 PM

I noticed during the game, after he would throw the ball, he had a slight limp. It looked like that was how he walked the last weeks. I knew something had happened

Posted by: doug | Sep 28, 2008 5:45:57 PM

Marty Hurney said jake was fine and Otah was fine.

Posted by: paul | Sep 28, 2008 6:21:22 PM

The backups did a pretty good job comming in for the injured OL. What I saw made me feel pretty good about our 2nd string. We might want to suit up three OL next time because that was thin.

Posted by: MBPantfan | Sep 28, 2008 7:01:11 PM

remember bridges, and geoff both were starters..before..for us too

Posted by: bob | Sep 28, 2008 7:57:15 PM

Good win, made my week

Posted by: Steven | Sep 28, 2008 8:39:18 PM

ditto... It's great when professional sports can take your mind of a major financial disaster greater than the Great Depression; and a resolution that is in effect raping this country and its citizens even further...
Junk! So much for taking your mind off of it...

Posted by: Keeping it Real | Sep 28, 2008 8:46:24 PM

My bad! Not to mention this is the wrong place for that. Sorrry...

Posted by: Keeping it Real | Sep 28, 2008 8:48:56 PM

Yea Keeping it Real. We won, we are supposed to be full of good cheer and joy. Way to be a bummer man. LOL

Thanks for the victory Panthers. I enjoyed it as much as my honeymoon, well, almost anyway.

GO CATS! and JAKE!

Posted by: iamhubby | Sep 28, 2008 8:56:17 PM

I don't think Jordan Gross will play next week. He was on the ground face down for a long long time. Concussions are one of those things where you have to be careful with. It isn't something physical that you can diagnose.

Great game! No major injuries except Gross. We have depth on the O-Line so a absense here or there doesn't really hurt us right off.

Posted by: Revshawn | Sep 28, 2008 9:43:26 PM

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the updates!

Posted by: DawgLife | Sep 28, 2008 9:56:53 PM

Keeping it Real: I think you need to do a little research on the Great Depression...

Posted by: tarheelmax | Sep 28, 2008 10:30:02 PM

Those injuries scared me goofy. I thought Jeff Otah had injured his knee something awful. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Jordan Gross's concussion is worrisome, though. I didn't see how he got hurt, though. When I saw him laying there I was worried about his neck at first. Then I saw him move and I felt a lot better. As we learned with Dan Morgan, concussions can be nasty things and there is no timetable for a player's return from a bad one. I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

Other than that, it was a good win. Go Cats!

Posted by: FrankieB2 | Sep 28, 2008 10:48:52 PM

When you see a player laying face down in the grass with his arms infront of his body its a scarey site, that only can be compared with something with the likes of Kevin Everett.

Thank god nothing bad happened to our man JG. So we got him next week im pretty sure if he does the Dan Morgan technique. But we executed well and Delhomme wont be hurt, hes got to much passion.

Otah is a tough big guy so im not to worried, and hes young so he'll bounce bag with no hesitation, all in all it was a good situation for us as far as the extent of injuries and were gonna be fine.

Go Panthers!

Posted by: Deezy | Sep 28, 2008 11:22:09 PM

Derf ort concuss id ur umb dir Gross orf ard.

Posted by: Dan Morgan | Sep 28, 2008 11:33:02 PM

Keeping It Real has no idea how bad the great depression was if he thinks we have it bad now. Then again, I know how hard your family has been hit, seeing as how you have time to get on the INTERNET AND TALK ABOUT IT!

Posted by: JanitorDan | Sep 29, 2008 7:30:34 AM

GET 'EM JAKE!

Posted by: South Florida Panthers Fan Club | Sep 29, 2008 1:29:12 PM

Glad to hear everyone's injuries won't side track them too long. I'm surprised (gladly) that Otah was only a sprained ankle. The fact he was holding his knee on the ground and then dragging the foot when being helped off the field made me fear the worst.
Great play overall by the entire team...just get a handle on all those penalties guys. If they were S&H green stamps, we'b be about half-way to a new car.

Posted by: AtlPantherFan | Sep 29, 2008 1:58:04 PM

I just hope it isn't a high ankle sprain. That type of injury can linger for a long time.

Posted by: SCpanther89 | Sep 29, 2008 4:03:16 PM

It wasn't simply a concussion. He was knocked cold. In that case, he'll probably miss a couple of games, minimum. They won't let him take too many chances.

W.C.

Posted by: Whinin Cheese | Oct 1, 2008 12:11:27 AM

LOL, hey tarheel. this situation with the finances of our country could lead us into something worst then the great depression. because what the world would love to see is that the USA fault. and you know we dont have many allies to help us when we are on one knee. they might even come around and kick our other leg from under us, anyway back to football.

Jordan Gross got knocked out. that concussion is catorgorized as a level 3 and for that he will definitely miss aleast one game. rules are rules. and the rules say for a concussion of that level you automatcially have to sit out at least 1-2 weeks

Posted by: Rjackson | Oct 1, 2008 12:48:21 AM