« Panthers looking healthy for opener | Main | QB Moore fractures fibula »

September 03, 2008

Notes from Wednesday ...

-- D.J. Hackett was back on the practice field today for the first time since early August. Coach John Fox wasn't specific about whether Hackett would play or start in Sunday's season opener at San Diego.

Hackett was out with a toe injury, which he said he injured when he was pushing off with his foot to run. He said he'd hadn't any previous toe problems.

-- Kick returner/wide receiver Ryne Robinson said he's feeling good and hope's to be able to practice in a few days. He said he feels like he can be ready for the Sept. 14 home opener against Chicago.

-- Fox announced his team captains -- quarterback Jake Delhomme and receiver Muhsin Muhammad on offense; defensive end Julius Peppers and middle linebacker Jon Beason on defense; and kicker John Kasay on special teams.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on September 3, 2008 at 02:25 PM | Permalink

Comments

I bet Hackett will play Sunday. Also, I was glad to see, not suprisingly, that Steve Smith lost his "Captain" status. I love the guy, but he has to earn that back and it will likely take no mistakes for the next year. I hope that Beason continues in the leadership role he is assuming and with his play on the field, if so, he could be a very, very special player.

Posted by: Chris | Sep 3, 2008 3:11:59 PM

lmfao Canthers enjoy another subpar year, Lets' predict what Week the fans give up on the team and boo them at home, call for Fox to be fired, and don't even sell out

I'm going week 1! lololololol

Posted by: lol | Sep 3, 2008 3:12:18 PM

Me thinking outloud: Foxy has completely hoodoo'd the Bolts by not playing his starting WRs and TEs thoughout preseason. So the Bolts of Diego Garcia (where they'll want to move come Monday) will be scrambling for a new game plan at half time.

Posted by: RonMexico | Sep 3, 2008 3:24:31 PM

lol....arent the games already sold out? But yes, if this team doesnt produce some wins, the booing, slack attendance, and calls for Fox's job will certainly be there, as they should be.

Posted by: matt | Sep 3, 2008 3:34:26 PM

Good to see DJ back at practice, was worried he might not get back. I know how bad a toe injury can be, I once stubbed my toe and it hurt for days.

Also really glad Ryne is almost back. Am hopeful he can continue to progress and help this team. We need both Ryne and DJ, if we are to stand a chance at San Diego.

Let's get this thing going. My pulse rate is already dangerously high. GO CATS! and JAKE!

Posted by: iamhubby | Sep 3, 2008 3:43:13 PM

lol... you, sir, are a dick. And I don't mean detective.

Posted by: Roger | Sep 3, 2008 3:56:45 PM

Roger,

lol knows that -- he just wanted to make sure that everyone else knows it.

Posted by: GoCats | Sep 3, 2008 4:45:41 PM

Why isn't Matt Moore's stress fracture among the Notes from Wednesday? Also, Basanez is back on the practice squad.

Posted by: dogear | Sep 3, 2008 5:00:45 PM

L.T. WILL HAVE UNDER 100 TOTAL YARDS! GUARANTEED! Thats Right! Carolina will not allow a 100 yard rusher all year (I know, Adrian will get his week 3). Week 1 will be an ugly game overall. As an NFL analyst I predict CAR-13 SD-16. As a fan I predict CAR-31 SD-21 and ESPN will be saying "Wow, when they get Steve Smith back they will be UNSTOPPABLE!"

Posted by: bb | Sep 3, 2008 7:25:22 PM