« Beason: NFC Defensive Player Of Month | Main | Fox Q&A »

October 31, 2008

Sporting News Honors Beason, Kasay

The Sporting News has named two Panthers players, middle linebacker Jon Beason and kicker John Kasay, to its midseason all-pro team.

Beason,  who was just named NFC defensive player of the month for October, was named by The Sporting News an inside linebacker on its first half team along with San Francisco's Patrick Willis. Both entered the league last season as first-round picks.

Kasay, 39, is off to one of the hottest starts of his NFL career. He has made 16-of-16 field goal attempts and 18-of-18 extra points. It was announced this week that he signed a four-year contract extension.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on October 31, 2008 at 09:12 PM | Permalink

Comments

Great post...keep it coming lazy Observer Sports writers!!!! I know it's a bye week and there is nothing to report on, but how about reporting on whether artichokes are better than prunes for fiber? It would be more exciting than reporting on what sporting news thinks. GREAT JOB!

Posted by: Keeping it Real | Oct 31, 2008 9:58:20 PM

Ummm....Jon Beason was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week. Not offensive.

Posted by: Roger | Oct 31, 2008 11:30:08 PM

Month.

Posted by: Roger | Oct 31, 2008 11:31:20 PM

its also a 4 year contract extension...4 weeks would be kinda silly.

Posted by: chris | Oct 31, 2008 11:53:33 PM

At least the he/she psychotic loser poser who is trying to wear my skin stopped talking about my glistening body. I still think he is a she. Why else would she be so sensitive?

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 1, 2008 11:32:34 AM

Does Kasay make the Pro-Bowl this year?

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 1, 2008 11:34:56 AM

If he continues to stay perfect, I think the answer is yes.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Nov 1, 2008 11:43:37 AM

Hey Proc...who do you see making the probowl off our team this year? I was thinking about it the other day and I think we have a legit shot at 4 of our guys getting on the team this year. To me:

1. Smitty
2. Kasay
3. Beason
4. Lucas

I saw Lucas because our secondary is getting a lot of publicity this year and he go trumped from the probowl a few years ago when everyone knew he was a lock. Although if Harris steps up the second half of the season like he did last year, I can see him making it at safety instead of Lucas at corner. I think Smitty can get real close to 2000 yards this year even w/ missing 2 games. Most of the teams we play in the second half have very weak secondary's. Who are your pics...? Given it's still early.

Posted by: JT | Nov 1, 2008 1:09:00 PM

JT,

You don't know what you are talking about...Smitty is a thug and Beason sucks! Lucas, well, I don't know where to begin but you are a loser and don't really know what you are talking about do ya?

Posted by: Keeping it Real | Nov 1, 2008 6:17:41 PM

You're a fool Real, how long till you realize that we consider your words like we consider the words of a child, we may give you a quick look to acknowledge you, but after a second or so we're back to talking to each other like grownups do.

And JT, you've forgotten about Julius Peppers. In spite of all the critisism he's having a pretty good year. He's definately going to make it.

Posted by: Revshawn | Nov 1, 2008 7:45:10 PM

Rev,

I don't disagree with you about Peppers year or his impact but I don't see him making it to the Pro-Bowl. Look at the other DE's in the NFC...the one's that play for the Giants alone. The DE's that get voted to the Pro-Bowl all have very high sack totals. While I think Pep will end up close to his average this year in sacks I just don't see him making the Pro-Bowl...although I agree with you that he should. He'll get trumped by Abraham, Tuck, Kampman or Jared Allan...

Posted by: JT | Nov 2, 2008 12:44:01 PM

Thank you Kansas City Fu@k ups! They had Tampa Bay beat but let their pu@@y a$$es come out and play the second half!!!!!!!!!! KC is a bunch of LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: The Truth | Nov 2, 2008 4:34:41 PM

Yes, truth, you are right. I, for one, do not rely on other teams for our success but this lose by KC will cost us in the division, I believe.....just wait and see. Tampa Gay should have lost that one!!!!!!!!! KC is really a bunch of losers....FIRE EDWARDS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: josh | Nov 2, 2008 4:52:22 PM

He'll get pretty close if he doesn't make it. But if you statistically compare him to the other DE's in the league, you'll find him right at the top, especially with his forced fumbles.

Posted by: Revshawn | Nov 2, 2008 6:19:11 PM

My boyfriend thinks I'm a celebrity now. I'm going to give it to him hard tonight.
-SYPRIS

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 2, 2008 8:33:36 PM

OK, I thought the no-named he/she psychotic loser poser was a female; based on her infatuation with me (especially the vivid imagination about my "glistening body") but it has become pretty obvious that she is acutally a homosexual he. That is pretty sick, but to each his own, as long as they keep it to themselves.

I also thought he got his panties in a bunch because I said something negative about one of his heroes; but the only Panther member I said anything slightly negative about lately is the Richardsons. So does this creep worship the Richardsons?? Not likely.

So it has finally dawned on me what the problem is. This queerbait, that is trying to pose as me, is jealous of me. He knows I'm right and what I say (especially about him) is true. And that burns him up. Why else would he go on and on like this like some kind of sociopathic retard!? LOL Of course! I should have known all along.

Oh well. I'll just have to take all the attention he gives me as a compliment and just ignore what he writes from now on. Until then, just keep eating your own face you no-named he/she psychopathic poser loser sociopathic retard. LMAO

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 3, 2008 3:12:10 AM

KIR,

Read this..........

Some notable comments in the article:
In August, The New York Times Magazine did a story about trolls, some barely out of their teens, who antagonize others for the sake of "lulz": "Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh," one ex-troll told the publication.

and

Anger, he says, is rolled up with anxiety and fear, and nothing creates more fear like a lack of understanding.

Do you understand?