« Zero turnovers? What? | Main | Faster practice = faster game starts? »

November 26, 2008

Limited injury report

Not much to report, injury wise, from Wednesday's practice. Backup linebacker Adam Seward, who hurt his ankle against Atlanta, didn't practice. Running back Jonathan Stewart (whose heel is apparently still a little sore) practiced, as did quarterback Jake Delhomme, who cut his elbow against the Falcons.

More to come later this afternoon after the Panthers open their locker room to reporters. -- David Scott

Posted by Observer Sports on November 26, 2008 at 01:11 PM | Permalink

Comments

I feel that Jake should be put on IR with his scratched arm.

If he plays he will have another excuse for his over the head, into the ground, behind the back incompletions.

Get ready you big FOXY you are almost 8-4.

Posted by: jason | Nov 26, 2008 1:43:41 PM

I have to agree Jason. Unfortuanately, I don't think benching him is the solution AT THIS MOMENT. He is showing slight improvement each week. Hopefully that trend continues this week and it will be good enough to get the win. His receivers do have to catch passes though. That TD catch in the back of the endzone would have been a huge momentum swing. Instead, it served only to give the Falcons D more confidence.

Anyway, they definately have to bring in some legitimate comptetion next year. Matt Cassel comes to mind, but if the Patriots do put the franchise tag on him just for a trade, he just may not be worth the asking price. In the meanwhile, let's just hope this offense improves and the defense finds a way to stop the run once again.

Let's face it, Jake sells too much cajun fried chicken for an NFL scratch to bench him in the middle of a season. The corporate bottom line yet again is the bottom line. Steve Smith and his big lips do make that chicken look good though. Can he throw the ball? Why not? They expect him to do everything else... why not have him throw the ball to himself!?

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 26, 2008 2:37:16 PM

Come on Jason, why do you have be such a negative "fan". It would be nice to see some true & accurate comments once in a while from some of the haters out there, but all I ever see is whining. If that's the way you feel, why don't you pull for a European Soccer team. Technically it's still "foot-a-ball"!

Posted by: mbyerly | Nov 26, 2008 3:06:27 PM

And Europe is one big country too, right? At least the call the sport what it is. While Americans are so busy being defferent with absurd measurments and odd names, why don't they just call soccer chest ball. LOL

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 26, 2008 3:48:13 PM

I guess Europe is one big country too, right M? While we're making fun of people, let's talk about how absurd it is to use an mathematically interachangeable metric system that works on units of ten. I guess measuring things in furlongs is much better. Could you tell me how many feet are in a mile? I could tell you how many meters are in a kilometer though.

Anyway, let's talk "foot-a-ball." At least they call it what it is. After all, "it is what it is" unless you are a redneck living in America. Then you might as well call soccer "chest-ball." Afterall, they do hit the ball with their chests once in a while.

If some of you people only had a clue, some of the things you say just may carry some weight.

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 26, 2008 3:59:54 PM

If you guys don't stop talking about Europe, I AM GONNA BREAK BOTH OF YOUR NOSES.

Posted by: stevensmith | Nov 26, 2008 5:37:27 PM

If anything, I think, that what needs to change is the game plan just a little. Try to mix it up a bit more. And just because it was funny to me... KIR, that comment about steve smith and his big lips made me pray that you are a girl lmao!!!

Posted by: ANILORAC OG | Nov 26, 2008 10:08:57 PM

I'm so glad all of these people who post on this board know so much about football. I'm sure everyone who writes that Jake should be benched and Fox should be fired, have many years of experience playing professional football or at least coaching on the NFL level. I'm sure the Panthers will be calling all of you to get your advice and possibly offer you a job as head coach. I look forward to seeing all of you on the sideline coaching next season.
The Panthers are 8-3 and tied for the division lead...stop ****ing whining and support the team!

Posted by: John | Nov 26, 2008 10:16:58 PM

Wow John, feel better? This is like being at the office with the guys just expressing your opinions about your team, I'm sure your guilty of that as well. No need to get your panties in a bunch. And I highly doubt any Panther officials come to these blog sites or care about whats being perscribed for the team by us. So speak your mind people, I enjoy reading what you all have to say (good and bad).

Posted by: sawyer | Nov 27, 2008 8:00:12 AM

MESSAGE TO JAKE! Don't forget to hide the football after the faked handoff. The extra second or two could be the secret to greatness. And oh yeah, PUMP FAKE? Why do you never use that tactic to get the D's hands down? Just a thought. Be well and have a great game.

Posted by: stork302 | Nov 27, 2008 11:31:09 AM