« Every Panther participates in Friday practice | Main | DeAngelo & J-Stew sneak preview »

November 21, 2008

Jake's feeling ripped off

Playing in the Georgia Dome -- the site of this Sunday's Panthers-Falcons game -- has special meaning for Jake Delhomme.

During the Panthers' 44-11 victory there in 2005, Delhomme was tackled and, while Falcons defenders grabbed at him, a sizeable part of his pants was ripped. The tear was located in an unfortunate place -- let's just say it was the backside of the pants.

Anyway, you can watch Delhomme talk about the incident and why he thinks he'll be immortalized because it. There are other humorous stories on the website, including backup quarterback Matt Moore's memories of playing with the aging Vinny Testaverde last season. It's part of an interactive NFL promotion for the Super Bowl.

And Delhomme still has those pants. He keeps them at home as a memento. -- David Scott

Posted by Observer Sports on November 21, 2008 at 07:35 PM | Permalink

Comments

Maybe Delhomme will show up this weekend. Just like Procton says, "Good players show up more than once every few weeks" Oh wait, Delhomme makes no mistakes, I forgot. It's either the o-line, the WR's not getting open, dropping balls, or.....or, or, or, or what else can I use as an excuse?????

Posted by: jb | Nov 21, 2008 7:53:30 PM

JB,
Please tell your mother I will be by before the game for my "pick-me-up."
-Regards,
Jake

Posted by: South Florida Panthers Fan Club | Nov 21, 2008 8:06:19 PM

I can't believe the majority of the NFL analyst are saying that we are going to lose to ATL. They are not concerned about our defense at all. Personally, I believe the Lions are better with culpepper out there and I look for them to win against TB this weekend. F**K NFL analyst!

Go Panthers!

FIREFOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by: FIREFOX | Nov 21, 2008 9:12:37 PM

David Scott looks like my brother's ex-girlfriend's dad.

Hmm...

Posted by: Justin | Nov 21, 2008 9:21:16 PM

Firefox--- go buy a Big Mac you cardboard cut-out. That being said, I empathise with your sentiment. The Falcons, though, are hot right now. Nobody saw them coming and many of you said this would be an easy 3-game stretch. I was not in that group. Those who are picking the Falcons are doing so for good reasons.

On the other hand, Jake is due for a good game and will hopefully be more focused against a tougher opponent. I don't believe the rushing attack will have the success it had last week against the Lions, so it will be up to Jake to get the ball to ALL OF HIS RECEIVERS. If Jake manages the game well, makes good decisions and ALL of his targets ACTUALLY CATCH THE BALL (that includes Smith, Rosario & the backs; in case you didn't catch the caps) then this game should be a blowout (even in the Georgia Dome). If any of those falter, the Panthers will be fighting for their lives and will probably lose.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot; I agree with the Observer crew that the defense MUST STOP TURNER like they did last time for any of the rest of it to matter.

***Note: all of this stands despite whether or not one of the Panther backs makes monster plays. Also, watch out for the dirty (b*st*rd) birds to try and use the Wildcat against us. I still can't believe the rest of the world is crediting the Dolphins and our old offensive coordinator for using it effectively and starting this new trend! Can that be some type of organized ploy against the small market Panthers?

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 22, 2008 4:13:14 AM

Yeah, let's dump Jake and start he backup...that went well last year. These Jake haters amaze me.

Posted by: Miles Away | Nov 22, 2008 10:50:20 AM

Jake is definitely our best option right now. There have been many times over his tenure that I have called for a change. Right now there is no one else that would make us any better but Jake needs to step up if we expect to go anwhere this year. I just wish we would draft a quarterback and start developing him. Jake is 33 how much longer can we really rely on his "firey" whining attitude to carry us?

Posted by: Panthersfan | Nov 22, 2008 3:11:20 PM

Ive got a bad feeling bout this one guys....we might lose this one.

Posted by: paul | Nov 22, 2008 3:18:02 PM

Where's your faith, Paul ?

Posted by: harrydogg | Nov 22, 2008 5:26:35 PM

Jake wasn't the only one out last year. If you remember we had a different O line each week. We had fumbling Foster, Deangelo wasn't as good as Foster, thus Foster was the starter. We didn't have but 1 receiver last year. We had Drew Carter and Keary Colbert by the way are they still in the league? We also had Peppers who had a terrible year.

So there is no way to say that Moore or Vinny wouldn't be 8-2 as well this year with this team. We only need a accurate qb who doesn't fumble when he is hit.

OK Proctie give us the important data you think we must hear.........

Posted by: jason | Nov 22, 2008 9:59:41 PM

If we want to win, we need Jake Delhomme to show up. But not only that--we need him to not spaz out and take a chill pill ...xanax?

While I don't agree with everything Justin commented on, I do think that if our backs continue to dominate...are chances on beating the Falcons are way higher.

-Carmen

Posted by: Carmen | Nov 23, 2008 12:53:23 AM

----posted yesterday

And yes, Jake did do much better than what he did in the last two games. I hope that trend continues. The game against the Packers in Green Bay just took on a much larger significance for the Panthers. They only get tougher and that does include New Orleans in week 17 who, no doubt, will be trying to play the role of spoilers (as usual).

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Nov 23, 2008 8:22:24 PM