« Panthers hold on for win, No. 2 seed | Main | Panthers Postgame »

December 28, 2008

BREAKING NEWS: It's "Double Trouble"

Bye, bye, "Smash & Dash." Hello, "Double Trouble."

Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams unveiled a new nickname for himself and Jonathan Stewart in the most creative of ways -- the launching of a website that pokes lots of fun at Tennessee running back LenDale White.

Check out the website "www.nameswecanbelievein.com" ... It speaks for itself.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on December 28, 2008 at 05:14 PM | Permalink

Comments

I just posted in the other blog post that Panthers.com store has "RUSH AND CRUSH" T-shirts so I think you might be wrong. Go Panthers!

Posted by: Yeah? | Dec 28, 2008 5:22:57 PM

I just posted in the other blog post that the Panthers.com store has "RUSH AND CRUSH" T-shirts so I think you might be wrong. Go Panthers!

Posted by: Yeah? | Dec 28, 2008 5:23:41 PM

should have been "Slash and Gash" , it's appropriate, plus it's kind of a smack in the face to the whole Smash and Dash drama for the Titans by only changing 1 letter in each name.. double trouble is just OK .. I guess it's better than some of those other gay names on the list, including rush and crush .. at any rate it doesn't matter what name as long as they get that trophy.

Posted by: Shaun NJ | Dec 28, 2008 5:30:09 PM

Sorry, didn't even read what you posted other than the title and 1st graph.

I'm sure the makers of those Rush and Crush shirts are not too happy.

Posted by: Yeah? | Dec 28, 2008 5:30:23 PM

they are both right

Posted by: YO | Dec 28, 2008 5:34:48 PM

I think it just crashed...They didnt think they were as big as they are and didnt prepare for the thousands to visit the site.

Posted by: Eric K Hasara | Dec 28, 2008 5:58:59 PM

I guess this nickname game isn't a part of the game I enjoy, as I'd rather call them DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart.

Posted by: Justin | Dec 28, 2008 6:02:42 PM

I LIKE "BOOM & ZOOM"

Posted by: KSNOW | Dec 28, 2008 6:31:13 PM

can we start marshall in 2 weeks and make smitty punch lucas in the nose again by then so we dont have to see him be toasted again?

Posted by: mike | Dec 28, 2008 6:47:12 PM

I LOVE the fact that the name is for a duo and does not assign a "name" to each player! How very "Carolina" of them to not make it an ego thing. Go Panthers!!!

BTW, yes, the site is slow BUT, maybe, it's supposed to be that way...no instant gratification.

Posted by: D. Chilton | Dec 28, 2008 7:27:13 PM

The intro is hilarious! I'd vote for D-Will and J-Stew over White and Johnson!

Posted by: Tampa-Bound!!! | Dec 28, 2008 7:44:00 PM

That website is very very slow.... It better not pop up the possessed girl from The Exorcist.

Posted by: Byv | Dec 28, 2008 8:34:48 PM

I got in. Love the website!!

Posted by: Byv | Dec 28, 2008 8:57:45 PM

Did anyone notice Jake's frustration about the play calling on 3rd down in the 3rd quarter? I agree, the coaching staff almost lost this one---Why the conservative play calling--I just dont get it???..

Posted by: Paul | Dec 28, 2008 9:09:52 PM

Thank goodness it's decided. I'm glad somebody finally got decisive.

Posted by: BullCityDog | Dec 28, 2008 10:58:35 PM

I like the nickname Steve Smith gave them ... "Razzle and Dazzle"... It's appropriate and fits perfectly!

Posted by: tenecvol | Dec 28, 2008 10:59:32 PM

Well, I would say that Williams and Stewart showed LenDale who was 'boss' with their site. Besides, something tells me that LenDale is gonna regret more or less telling Snoop to be his bitch.

Posted by: Huskers86 | Dec 29, 2008 12:48:17 AM

"Chicken & Biscuit" and "The Bruise Brothers" are still my favorites. But Double Trouble kicks a** too!

Posted by: Keeping It Real | Dec 29, 2008 3:13:43 AM

I am still a fan of using Slam & Wham (Stewart & Williams), but who knows if George Michael will sue them.

Posted by: Andrew | Dec 29, 2008 9:50:36 AM

I like Double Trouble....Now all we need is to add some theme music every time each on of the runs the ball.....How about some Stevie Ray Vaughan and the Double Trouble Band music....?

Posted by: Panther Pride | Dec 29, 2008 9:55:30 AM

Stevie Ray Vaughan and The double Trouble Band's remake of Hendrix's Voodoo Chile would make an excellent theme song for the Double Trouble tandem:

This was also used in the movie "Black Hawk Down".

Posted by: Panther Pride | Dec 29, 2008 10:23:38 AM

I'd like any song from SRV, but being the Panthers already use Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever", I kinda like the idea of calling them "Wango Tango" and using that song from Ted as well.

Posted by: jad628 | Dec 29, 2008 11:32:53 AM

I prefer D-Lo and the Daily Show

Posted by: Sir Purr | Dec 29, 2008 1:09:58 PM

GREAT website. I will say that the LenDale/Snoop is probably more conceived. They're likely friends from White's USC days. Snoop is a big football and Trojans fan.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Dec 29, 2008 1:59:27 PM