« Steve Smith: Pep must look out for himself | Main | Panthers' field ranks high again »

January 28, 2009

Cards' Smith has post-Jake goal: Super Bowl MVP

TAMPA -- Arizona Cardinals defensive end Antonio Smith helped fuel a playoff win over Carolina 19 days ago by stripping the ball from Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme, but he has an even greater vision for Sunday’s Super Bowl game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

“My Super Bowl fantasy right now,” he said, “is stripping the ball, picking it up, returning it for a 75-yard, five-broken-tackles touchdown, and doing the best dance ever to be seen in the Super Bowl, and getting Super Bowl MVP -- and those car keys.

“That’s a big dream, but I’m going for it. I want the Escalade.”

Smith, in his fifth NFL season, has scored one touchdown on any level of football, a 4-yard fumble return for a score against the Denver Broncos in 2006.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on January 28, 2009 at 08:14 PM | Permalink

Comments

Wow...
You think we care..
I usually support what you guys put up, because i respect the effort you put into it and its always just nice to get some Panthers coverage.
But what makes you think we would want to be reminded of anything that happened in that game?
Will Sam Mill's III take over as LB coach?
Will Foxy's friend who was already one of the Secondary coaches, take over the Secondary himself(i forgot his name), or do you think Meeks might just take control over that?
OR, do you think we look at an entirely new guy to fill that position?
Whose going to replace Sal Sunseri?
Any word on Pep?
At this point i dont even know if i care if he leaves, as long as nab a first for him, we could possibly even nab that 8 spot IMHO.

Posted by: AGH! | Jan 28, 2009 9:11:43 PM

Would you guys please stop whining?

Posted by: Steve | Jan 28, 2009 9:44:07 PM

OK, let's take a vote who's nose should I break next year?

Peppers (If he is here)

John Fox

Jake Fumbleloome

Posted by: STEVESMITH | Jan 28, 2009 9:59:14 PM

Who Cares?

Posted by: Ed | Jan 28, 2009 11:33:54 PM

Man, I'm sorry guys. It's too soon for me. I can't stand hearing about the Super Bowl right now knowing that the Panthers should have been in it.

Posted by: Revshawn | Jan 29, 2009 12:11:16 AM

I've got to admit that this is just idiotic reporting. This oh-so-vaguely relates to the Panthers. Why even post it? I can't even believe that it made the front page of Charlotte.com.

You guys must really have nothing of interest to report, huh?

Posted by: Kevin | Jan 29, 2009 1:54:46 AM

When I first read this I was going to get on here and post horrible comments degrading the reporting and irrelevance of this post. I see you guys already beat me to it. The Super Bowl is overexposed every year anyway, and now when I come to the site where I get a lot of my Panthers news I have to read this crap??? I would rather hear about John Fox making a trip to the grocery store than this crap.

That being said, I love the site and (normally) the information you guys share. Keep up the (mostly) good work!

Posted by: Chris | Jan 29, 2009 9:55:03 AM