« Fox likes backup QBs, but change possible | Main | Repeating: Carolina, Cutler not a match »

March 30, 2009

Panthers-Giants exhibition on national TV

The Carolina Panthers announced their preseason schedule today. It features a nationally-televised (ESPN) matchup with the New York Giants at the Meadowlands on Aug. 17 at 8 p.m. The Giants beat the Panthers late last season in a key regular season game.

None of the Panthers' other exhibitions have a date or time set yet. Carolina travels to Miami for its second exhibition, then returns home to face Baltimore and the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

The regular season schedule is expected to be released soon.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on March 30, 2009 at 03:09 PM | Permalink

Comments

Good to see us getting some prime time love early...but DANG I wish this was the week three game, you know?

Posted by: Scott | Mar 30, 2009 3:44:19 PM

Preseason, not worth watching unless you want to see the lower tier guys fight for a spot on the roster. Not like we will likely be getting the chance to check out our 1st round pick this year. :(

Posted by: Michael | Mar 30, 2009 3:47:59 PM

Monday Night on ESPN, in the Meadowlands, the G Men, yeah, I like it!

Posted by: Jon in DC | Mar 30, 2009 3:49:29 PM

I'm going to throw another 6 INTS

Posted by: Jake D | Mar 30, 2009 3:53:40 PM

6????? I think he'll go for 8-10.

Posted by: EJ in CLT | Mar 30, 2009 3:56:45 PM

another home game for pittsburgh!

Posted by: scott | Mar 30, 2009 4:21:52 PM

Why are we playing 2 teams in exhibition that we play in the regular season?

Posted by: Kirby | Mar 30, 2009 4:29:28 PM

I dont know Kirby...
I am just as confused as you are about that...

but "it is what it is" ...

Posted by: John Fox | Mar 30, 2009 4:34:25 PM

Wow, I know its preseason. But thats a tough schedule, all play off teams. Including champion Steelers

Posted by: jbw | Mar 30, 2009 4:53:59 PM

any prime time coverage is good (absent the 6 to performance with zero defense...but it is time to look forward...what is is and whats done is done...another NFC South Title plus more in '09) but what I am having a hard time with is the NFL's '09 season love affair with the Oakland "RADAS"
why in the world does a team that was terrible in '08 getting all this primetime love in '09...what does Al Davis have on RG

Posted by: Nebcatfan | Mar 30, 2009 5:24:09 PM

people...it's preseason!!!!!!!!! get a life!

Posted by: ehill | Mar 30, 2009 5:41:23 PM

Has anyone seen my golden Rolex watch anywhere? I think I lost it packing my Franchise Tag Lamborghini on Saturday, just before my 16.7 Mil Jet took off for Boston. If you found it, please return it and I'll offer you a free Peppers jersey (autographed is still $100).

Posted by: J. Peppers | Mar 30, 2009 5:55:33 PM

J. Peppers! lol !!!

Posted by: Rock | Mar 30, 2009 6:36:41 PM

Who is J. Peppers, Did he play for the Panthers? Is Peppers a doctor or a Soft drink? Is Peppers a song or a Band? Why I know he is the Jerk that is costing his team,Fans, family, to have salary cap issues because he is a JERK THAT's who he is. The Panthers should Pay people to take the Peppers jerseys off their hands or donate them to Vick's Dogs..... so they will have something to poop on...and they could cover it up with old Vick jerseys

Posted by: Big H | Mar 30, 2009 7:12:34 PM

If you could sign any player you wanted, who would be first to go, jake or julius?

Posted by: marty h. | Mar 30, 2009 7:37:12 PM

Jennifer Aniston........oh, "football" player! nevermind.

Posted by: grader | Mar 30, 2009 7:54:15 PM

you guys are idiots

Posted by: Leonard | Mar 30, 2009 10:11:46 PM

anybody want to buy 2 psl's,,,,worst investment since enron...

Posted by: kenneth j schweizer | Mar 30, 2009 10:31:35 PM

Why does the Observer keep reporting nonsense?? How about making some damn phone calls or at least asking some tough questions about Peppers???? I dont care about preseason games 5 months away, I care about whether or not we can get rid of Julius "Albatross" Peppers!!!!!

Posted by: SFPFC | Mar 31, 2009 9:47:43 AM

Everyone always complains about the observers articles. if you have a problem with what their writing don't read it. its either they are covering the peppers story too much or they arn't covering it enough. just stop complaining

Posted by: rory | Mar 31, 2009 10:11:06 AM

if nobody complained, we would all be good little robots. complaints about Jake and Fox and the like are legitimate. The people that want change believe in risk, those that don't are afraid of risk and change. Risk is a necessary evil.

Posted by: steven | Mar 31, 2009 10:45:27 AM

this time jake can show us how a replay of his infamous 5 interceptions,I know big jake can throw six interception an less time, he do it an two quarters yes 30 minutes go pathers.

Posted by: edward woods | Mar 31, 2009 12:54:50 PM

I don't understand. Jake's never thrown 6 Ints!

Posted by: yonelles | Apr 1, 2009 4:54:33 AM

Cutler is officially on the trading block. Any chance we get some insightful comments from the crack Observer staff on a possible Carolina three way trade involving Peppers and Delhomme? No, they will just repeat same old comments from Fox that he stands by his man. Sad that even Peter King mentioned Carolina in his column this morning and the hometown paper has nothing. King only writes about the Panthers 2-3 times each year so take notice.

Posted by: Jim | Apr 1, 2009 7:55:45 AM

i dont care about the preseason>

Posted by: panthersfangrr | Apr 8, 2009 6:33:17 PM