« Coming Sunday: Mike Goodson | Main | Observer Exclusive: Peppers speaks »

August 01, 2009

3 games quickly sell out

The Panthers announced that three games -- season-opener against Philadelphia, Washington and Terrell Owens-led Buffalo -- quickly sold out when single-game tickets went on sale this morning. Fewer than 1,000 tickets remain for games against Atlanta, Miami and Minnesota. More tickets are available for the New Orleans and Tampa Bay games, as well as exhibitions against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com or 800-745-3000. -- David Scott

Follow the Observer's Panthers coverage on Twitter ... @CharlesChandler and @davidscott14

Posted by Observer Sports on August 1, 2009 at 01:24 PM | Permalink

Comments

I wont buy ANY Panthers products until we get a good QB.

Posted by: StartMoore | Aug 1, 2009 7:13:30 PM

StartMoore: you are not in touch with reality. I am a Dolphin fan and support my team good or bad becuase I love football. I also support the Panthers because I love football, quarterback or not. There is a minor league football league. Give them a shot!

Posted by: SITTM | Aug 1, 2009 7:41:07 PM

Attention fake panthers fan aka StartmMoore. I buy lots of Panthers products regardless of who's on the team. and for the record, we have a good quarterback.

Posted by: Chris | Aug 1, 2009 7:58:14 PM

Im a Saints fan in louisiana , as much as I hate the panthers , I would buy tickets because its the NFL . The big time . The biggest sports league in america . Cmon , support your team people , we wouldnt have that problem here .

Posted by: PRJ | Aug 1, 2009 8:24:20 PM

PRJ: You think because one DB says he won't buy anything Panthers that we don't support the team? I can't remember the last time we didn't have a sell out. You Saints fans are the ones who need to support your team.

Posted by: Biscuitville | Aug 1, 2009 8:48:36 PM

Damnet I wish that I would have went this morning to go get me some Panther tickets. I have failed you guys. FAILURE!

Posted by: Revshawn | Aug 1, 2009 9:12:50 PM

Startmoore is a defensive back?

i kid, i kid

Posted by: Kevin | Aug 1, 2009 9:32:35 PM

Sold out, shmold out...I just purchased tickets for several games including preseason tickets for less than ticketmaster prices at www.maximtickets.com for anyone who is still looking for tickets. Cant wait for the season! Go Panthers!!

Posted by: Catherine | Aug 1, 2009 10:48:08 PM

BISCUITVILLE , We have a waiting list of over 50,000 . we do support our team . what Im saying is your season should be sold out already .

Posted by: PRJ | Aug 2, 2009 8:22:20 AM

Second year back from major surgery is the most significant. Jake will be great and he will be loved again by the the "fairweather" fans. When was the last time any of us had an entire ligament replaced in our throwing arm, and were also expected to perform better than before? Lets be realistic. GO PANTHERS!! Thats all that matters. Superbowl here we come.

Posted by: Well Prepared 82' | Aug 2, 2009 3:37:17 PM

Hey STARTMORE #&%$#& IDIOT Please don't buy any Panthers gear. That way we will be able to pinpoint where the idiot is.

Posted by: scoot | Aug 2, 2009 6:20:34 PM

I will laugh in your faces when the Panthers are 5 and 11 this year. Joke, I mean Jake will have another sorry year, and will be gone in 2010. Bet on it!

Posted by: StartMoore | Aug 2, 2009 6:39:58 PM

Typical kitty kats fans, no passion, no commitment. Will be awaiting for the Bucs to slap you down again. Jake the Fake, Steve wah-wah, and coach foxx, what a bunch.

Posted by: Geo Taylor | Aug 2, 2009 8:20:08 PM

Hey Chris the Saints fan, if it werent for Katrina, you all would be the L.A. Saints by now. Don't act like you all have been this big draw for years. Before Katrina you guys had noone show up for games. So quit acting like NO is this fanatical football town, because it ain't. Enjoy another 8-8 season from your sold out superdome.

Posted by: djfoams | Aug 3, 2009 9:26:35 AM

SmartMore, et. al., 5 and 11 you say!
Yeah as I recall there were quite a few "Experts" predicting no better than 8-8 for the Panthers at this point last pre-season. This was all based on the "unknown condition of Jake" and our schedule. How'd that work out?

Secondly, a "True Fan" is someone who supports their team regardless of who the players are. Based on your comments, the Panthers don't need any more fans like you...

Posted by: Capt. Jack Sparrow | Aug 3, 2009 5:56:14 PM

DJFFOAMS , WRONG !!!! The saints been selling out games long before katrina . the saints have been in the top ten in attendance since 1967 , it did spike the waiting list , but the games were sold out . louisiana is a fanaticle football state . get your facts straight jacka$$ . dont listen to espn and others who think the big easy is still under water . there has never been a time when no one shows up , the saints and lsu are worshipped in this state .and the hornets are doing very well too . took a couple years but now they are doin very well .

Posted by: PRJ | Aug 3, 2009 6:31:15 PM

"SmartMore, et. al., 5 and 11 you say!"

Kemo out. I stand corrected. Make that 4-12 with no playoff hopes what so ever.

Posted by: StartMoore | Aug 3, 2009 9:58:38 PM