« Post-game observations | Main | Panthers returning to practice »

August 22, 2009

Beason awaits MRI, but encouraged

Quotes from Panthers linebacker Jon Beason on his injured left knee, which was in a brace after Saturday night's exhibition at Miami. He suffered the injury in the first period and didn't return to the game:

"I'll get an MRI tomorrow and see what it says. I played two or three plays after (the injury occurred), so it should be fine."

(Does it feel stable?): "Yes. They checked it out. It felt good. Just want to get the tests to be sure."

(How did you hurt it?): "It was on a block. I don't know if someone came in to block me or if someone fell. I'm pretty sure someone fell or got tossed into (the side of the knee)."

(What's the overall prognosis?): "I’m sure it won’t be anything major because I kept playing on it. That’s what’s most encouraging to me."

-- Charles Chandler

Follow our Panthers' updates on Twitter ... @CharlesChandler and @davidscott14

Posted by Observer Sports on August 22, 2009 at 11:59 PM | Permalink

Comments

EXTREMELY BAD

Posted by: jake the snake | Aug 23, 2009 12:26:37 AM

The Panthers can not afford to lose you big fella, go #52

Posted by: Scott | Aug 23, 2009 12:28:37 AM

ESPN is saying 4-6 weeks per the MRI results

Posted by: Matt | Aug 23, 2009 3:31:22 AM

What is it with Beason lately? Hes getting hurt alot, getting pushed around & looking lost out there while Connor & Anderson are flying around everywhere on the field.

Posted by: D.W.G | Aug 23, 2009 6:07:15 AM

D.W.G... Beason is on the ball every time it's handed to the running back. I know, I watch certain players on each play. I will give Anderson and Connor two thumbs up though, they are very good LB, our depth at LB is so good that our 2nd and 3rd stringers could start for almost any team.

Posted by: Cameron | Aug 23, 2009 8:44:37 AM

Since when did football have a first "period?" This ain't hockey.

Posted by: ChunkyLover519 | Aug 23, 2009 8:47:44 AM

first period is the same as first quarter, a period is an expansion of time to a certain point, therefor meaning that the first 15 minutes was a period. Stop with the stupid comments.

Posted by: Cameron | Aug 23, 2009 9:18:09 AM

By the way, ESPN is the last place you should get your "breaking news" as their track record recently has been that of embarrassing inaccuracy, especially in regards to the NFL.

That is why they courted Adam Schefter so hard. They needed a new NFL insider.

Posted by: Threatt | Aug 23, 2009 9:35:07 AM

Guys - it's really great to be back. I switched my name to Keeping it real to mask my stupid comments. So I'm back to trooling blogs and providing unintelligent postings. Tool!

Posted by: SYRRIS | Aug 23, 2009 9:59:30 AM

No linebacker in todays nfl is any good without 3 or 4 good defensive lineman in front of them to keep the bigboys off of them.Just ask Ray Lewis ,Brian Urlacher,and Jon Beason how important a good d-lineman is.At best what we have is one guy who does'nt want to be here ,two decent guys,and rookies learning the position. Until the panthers get that ,they will continue to get ran on.Remember Peppers,Rucker,Buckner,and Jenkins were considered the best front four in the leauge not to long ago.Oh how times change.

Posted by: dee gray | Aug 23, 2009 10:17:38 AM

Sure thing Cameron. Stupid by your asinine standards. Since it's just a measurement of an expansion of time, why not just call it the first second, minute, hour, day, week, month, or year of the game? As in, I wish I had the last period, or minute of my life back responding to your gibberish. Never let a little thing like a "fact" get in the way of you being a toolbag. Measure that loser.

Posted by: ChunkyLover519 | Aug 23, 2009 10:45:11 AM

The only thing I can't measure is that short thing you call a penis. If you didn't post elementary school comments no one would have to waste their time breaking it down for you barney style, ok?

Posted by: Cameron | Aug 23, 2009 10:51:05 AM

Why would you want to measure his penis?

Posted by: beaston | Aug 23, 2009 12:28:35 PM

dude... he says I measure "everything" I said the only thing I can't measure would be his penis.... it's just a slam, get it straight.

Posted by: Cameron | Aug 23, 2009 12:31:43 PM

There is entirely too much penis talk on this blog, stick to football, leave the penis talk to the women.

Posted by: Jody | Aug 23, 2009 2:19:24 PM

ESPN is reporting The Panthers are moving to Fort Mill.

Posted by: Brian Fransco | Aug 23, 2009 2:58:47 PM

Other sources reporting he won't need surgery. Hopes to be ready for season opener.

Posted by: darb | Aug 23, 2009 5:23:41 PM

We have plenty of linebackers to hold us over until Beason returns.

We need a starting quarterback that is not a led footed, panick stricken, bad decision making, turn over machine.

Posted by: Marty Hurney | Aug 23, 2009 6:12:11 PM

The Panthers need fans that aren't lead brained, panick stricken, bad decision making, whining machines.

Don't use the word "we" like you are part of the organization or even the true fan base.

Posted by: SouthFloridaPanthersFanClub | Aug 23, 2009 7:00:27 PM

It's great to have you back ,SirPiss.

Posted by: Ghost of Sparta | Aug 23, 2009 7:20:25 PM

Figures you'd go there Cammie-most immature morons do that when they get backed into a corner. How you spend your Friday nights down at the local sausage house isn't really something I'm interested in. But good luck with all that.

Posted by: ChunkyLover519 | Aug 23, 2009 8:11:42 PM

And for the record the only reason you can't measure it is because they don't make tape measures that long. Your wife sure didn't seem to complain.

Posted by: ChunkyLover519 | Aug 23, 2009 8:12:32 PM

LOL! I think ChunkyLover & Cameron are secret lovers. And I wonder if Jody is a male ore female or a little of both??Beaston your getting too personal!!
Now bash me!!LOL! You guys are funny!

Darn! I better not say the "suck" word when metioning the Panthers on this board!! LOL

Well I know the "D" does!

Oh well! The value of my PSLs going back down after this year look like!!!

Posted by: panfan1 | Aug 23, 2009 8:13:03 PM

Chunky that would be more insulting if I wasn't 16 and in high school.

Posted by: Cameron | Aug 23, 2009 8:55:14 PM

Hey SouthFloridaPanthersFanClub F-uck You!

I'll say we anytime I damn well please!

Posted by: Marty Hurney | Aug 23, 2009 9:40:07 PM