« Agent: Smith out minimum two weeks | Main | Steve Smith interview transcript »

August 11, 2009

Jake thinks Jarrett's ready

Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme just told reporters that though he's not a doctor, he expects Steve Smith to be ready for the start of the regular season. Also, he said he believes third-year wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett is ready to have a much more productive season. He said Jarrett looks in good shape and appears more confidence. Smith's shouder injury gives Jarrett a great opportunity to get practice repetitions with the first team.

-- Charles Chandler

Follow our Panthers' updates on Twitter ... @CharlesChandler and @davidscott14

Posted by Observer Sports on August 11, 2009 at 11:52 AM | Permalink

Comments

Lets hope that Jake knows what he's talking about... and that he's not talking out the side of his neck

Posted by: turtleman_jr | Aug 11, 2009 12:09:48 PM

He's not believe Jake know what he's talking about

Posted by: Telling Like It Is | Aug 11, 2009 12:18:50 PM

Sorry Jake. I'm not sold on this one. I have spoke to guys that have come back from training camp since I haven't and won't get the opportunity to visit this year, and the general impression is that people are not impressed of him.

Posted by: Revshawn | Aug 11, 2009 12:30:54 PM

i think dwayne jarrett will have a great season this year

Posted by: Dawit Mehreteab | Aug 11, 2009 12:47:13 PM

i think dwayne jarrett will have a great season this year

Posted by: Dawit Mehreteab | Aug 11, 2009 12:47:13 PM

i think dwayne jarrett will have a great season this year

Posted by: Dawit Mehreteab | Aug 11, 2009 12:47:15 PM

I was at camp Monday morning and Jarrett looked great. Ran good routes, worked yard, caught everything thrown his way. Looked like a slimmer, quicker Moose. Not as physical as Moose, but I think he'll keep improving on that level too.

Posted by: bigjohn | Aug 11, 2009 1:04:31 PM

I think Jarret is fine everything, except he is just so SLOW off the line. Hopefully he will get better, he is still very young. Plus it is contract year, right??

Posted by: STH | Aug 11, 2009 1:54:26 PM

I think the phrase should be "...Jarrett looks in good shape and appears more CONFIDENT." Maybe I should write for these guys...

Posted by: Nathan Robinson | Aug 11, 2009 2:11:22 PM

I won't really matter, if Jake can't get the ball to the players on his own team, who cares who the receiver is!!!

Posted by: Animal | Aug 11, 2009 4:03:14 PM

This is Jarrett's chance to become one of the better players to come out of USC in the past few years if he blossoms this year, in spite of his higher drafted counterparts he must get tired of everyone downing Matt Leinart, and Reggie Bush so he should do something about the talent that USC has produced the past few years and I think he will..If not this year, then he might as well follow Mike Williams where ever he is anyways...

Posted by: LaQuon | Aug 11, 2009 7:15:15 PM

It's all about getting PT. He played pretty well last year when he had the chance. Made some good catches. You can't expect DJ to come out and produce like Moose or Smitty. Personally I think he's gonna have a great year!

Posted by: Josh | Aug 12, 2009 11:34:45 AM

Somebody needs to replace that Cajun Has-been!!!!

Posted by: sonofbucster | Aug 13, 2009 8:17:45 PM