« Smith still in uniform | Main | Ravens control first half »

August 29, 2009

Peppers faring better tonight

Panthers DE Julius Peppers is much more noticeable tonight than he has been so far in the preseason. He just ran down receiver Derrick Mason for a tackle, two plays after nearly sacking Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco, decking him to force an imcompletion. Earlier, Peppers came from the opposite side of the field to almost run down Flacco.

-- Charles Chandler

Posted by Observer Sports on August 29, 2009 at 09:01 PM | Permalink

Comments

Injury Update. Chris Gambel is on his way to the local BURN CENTER. He has substained 80% burns from trying to cover Derrick Mason. And he said he wants to cover the opposings teams #1 receiver.......... He sould be our dime back playing like that, Why did we give him that big contract again?

Posted by: napoleon34 | Aug 29, 2009 9:23:16 PM

I know thats right, Gamble looks like a rook out there. He is playing like he does every year. Except now I think others are beginning to see it also. CUT CHRIS GAMBLE!!!!!!

Posted by: eric | Aug 29, 2009 9:27:28 PM

Chris "Toast" Gamble

Posted by: sirpurr | Aug 29, 2009 9:28:00 PM

I know these are just preseason games, but I see no life at all in the defense.

Posted by: sirpurr | Aug 29, 2009 9:29:37 PM

Peppers faring better....you kiddin' me? When "nearly" sacking, and chasing down someone only because he couldn't get penetration past the tackle become acceptable to pay $17 million, I'd say it's time to cash in PSL's. I hate to say it, but I believe we're looking a 6-10 this year....too many holes on defense. The good news is Fox, Hurney and Pep will be gone. This is the first slight I've ever posted against Fox and Hurney, but them burying their noses up Pep's butt and how that hamstrung us will be there undoing.

Posted by: David Crabb | Aug 29, 2009 9:30:31 PM

Someone please tell me the positives from this game so far...................

Posted by: sirpurr | Aug 29, 2009 9:31:40 PM

I hope that they get Gamble to a Shriners Hospital asap. Good gracious he was horrible. Burned then no tackling skills. Of course, the entire D had no tacking skills. Only thing worse is Rucker and this other clown, they suck!

Posted by: cmo | Aug 29, 2009 9:36:56 PM

TOAST

Posted by: cmo | Aug 29, 2009 9:41:59 PM

i have counted 6x that Gamble has sucked in coverage. that is way too many for our "shut down" corner. more like suck coverage

Posted by: eric | Aug 29, 2009 9:42:59 PM

The Panthers over invest in moderate talent. And worse, they then proceed to overpay their best talent. Time for a change.

Posted by: cmo | Aug 29, 2009 9:44:28 PM

Pitch, catch, tackle, coach. Which of these do they do well?

And now they run an ad during the game selling tickets to the game....geeesh.

Posted by: cmo | Aug 29, 2009 9:48:25 PM

Fox challenging the wrong plays. Pathetic.

Posted by: Kevin | Aug 29, 2009 10:15:22 PM

Okay I'll take that back. It did look like Birmingham broke the plane on the play. But that first team defense is bad. And everyone's right about Gamble. Toast is his name.

Posted by: Kevin | Aug 29, 2009 10:19:58 PM

David Crabb: So what was their option? Just let him go? Take a ham sandwich in trade? Give us your all knowing opinion genius?

Posted by: Biscuitville | Aug 29, 2009 11:08:53 PM

Gamble will be Ok. Its the Preseason for God Sakes.

Posted by: Born_ah_heel | Aug 29, 2009 11:13:14 PM

Man there is a lot of complaining going on. Now i know i know as a panther fan u have the "Right" to do so, but come on at least talk about some of the positives to such as the rookies Captain, Goodson and Brown looking great or that Smitty looks healthy and ready to go. Yes I saw a lot of problems but there was some good things to. Its just annoying to hear you guys !@#$% so much.

Posted by: Chris | Aug 29, 2009 11:14:26 PM

napoleon34, I laughed for like 10 minutes, very good. Gamble sucks, its a bad preseason for our entire team.

Posted by: Derek | Aug 29, 2009 11:24:42 PM

It's the defense stupid!

Posted by: Rob | Aug 29, 2009 11:37:30 PM

wow the freaking Observer is so in the tank to cover peppers arse, since he is one of their own

if Pep played at another school, he'd be gone

Posted by: Tim | Aug 29, 2009 11:39:32 PM

I agree with you Chris.

Sounds like half the folk's (Espically you ,SyrPiss) need to take a midol and stick a tampon in with how much Whining and B!t$Hing is going on.

You know what they say,ASct like a Bia,Whine like a Bia,get treated like a Bia.Unless you truly are a bunch of females Im sorry for my negative remarks.

It is what it is....