« Observations from Fan Fest | Main | Steve Smith injured »

August 10, 2009

Richardson at camp

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson made his first appearance at camp this morning. He looks thinner but seemed healthy after heart transplant surgery earlier this year. He's riding on his golf cart with former DE Mike Rucker. -- LBs Jon Beason (hamstring) and Thomas Davis (knee), RB DeAngelo Williams (toe) and DB Nate Salley missing practice. -- David Scott

Posted by Observer Sports on August 10, 2009 at 10:12 AM | Permalink

Comments

Well, glad that we have time for these guys to lick their wounds. However, I would like to see some of them play for limited time to shake off any rust.

Posted by: Anthony | Aug 10, 2009 11:33:44 AM

Also, I am glad to see Big Cat around. :)

Posted by: Anthony | Aug 10, 2009 11:34:18 AM

Leave them on the sidelines-

If it was up to me they would only prcatice during the pre-season games.

We know what they can do, get our depth ready for the season.

Posted by: Ak Joe | Aug 10, 2009 12:32:24 PM

Heart trans plant in Feb and back on the JOB in Aug.Now that's tough!And half of our team is sitting out of pactice because of sore toes and legs.LOL!JUst joking by the way.

Posted by: bryant80 | Aug 10, 2009 2:16:23 PM

Did Jerry notice that we have back up quarterbacks? And if he did, maybe he can let Fox know so that he can replace Delhomme the next time he's in the middle of a 5 interception, 1 fumble melt down.

Posted by: Marty Hurney | Aug 10, 2009 3:41:52 PM

I had met a man named Wilbur Hardee over a decade ago who claimed he was the original owner of the Hardees franchise. He said he had made a major youthful indescretion by gambling that franchise away.

For years I wondered if that story were true and just how Jerry Richardson got to be an owner. Interestingly enough, last year I got some closure when the news of a man named Wilbur Hardee passing away hit the associated press.

I still wonder how Richardson got his share from a couple of disgusting swindlers like Gardner and Rawl. Anyone have an idea?

Posted by: SYRPIS | Aug 10, 2009 4:43:00 PM