« Browns' DL Williams a possible Panther? | Main | Smith's not in N.J. »

The kids are all right, but D-line needs vet help / Charlotte Observer

Browns' DL a possible Panther? / Charlotte Observer

Carter has priorities in order after knee injury / Rock Hill Herald

Giants ready for preseason opener, most of them anyway / New York Times

Source says Giants' Burress faces half-season ban / New York Daily News

Posted by Observer Sports on August 16, 2009 at 09:06 AM | Permalink

Comments

Only one more day..

Posted by: PantherPerk | Aug 16, 2009 11:36:49 AM

I complemented Meeks and his approach but I may have to reneg on that. I really don't like some of the things he and Brian Baker are saying about tonight's expectations of their DT's...

Baker is keeping expectations realistic.

“Our goal is just to get all those guys to play to the best of their ability,” he said. “We're not trying to get those guys to play at an all-pro level because, to be honest with you, some of them don't have that kind of talent.”

Way to tear your players down before they even hit the field guys. I like keeping it real too, but sometimes you just gotta bite your tongue.

Posted by: SYRPIS | Aug 17, 2009 9:18:45 AM

syrpis- STFU. I'm sure Meeks doesn't give two shits if you compliment him or not. He's trying to win games, not please some loser fan who comments on every article with their worthless opinion.

I can see it now. Meeks goes to a coaches meeting and Fox tells him, "Ron, there was a fan on Charlotte.com who complimented you, but now he is taking it back. You need to be more sensitive!"

Posted by: rico | Aug 17, 2009 9:45:22 AM

lol
lol
lol

Posted by: darealpanther | Aug 17, 2009 11:28:07 AM

now dats funny lol!

Posted by: faulk | Aug 17, 2009 2:11:19 PM

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by: Jon | Aug 17, 2009 2:35:47 PM

Wow, guys on ESPN just ripped Jake a new one!! I can talk about our Q-back but I don't appreciate those guys not respecting our guy!!! LOL!

Posted by: Rawjem | Aug 17, 2009 7:28:02 PM