« Eagles at Panthers game coverage links | Main | Fox doesn't rule out #Panthers adding another QB »

September 14, 2009

NFL: Hit on McNabb wasn't late

The NFL has reviewed the play that led to Donovan McNabb's rib injury and ruled there was "no illegal hit on the play," a league spokesman told the Philadelphia Daily News today in an email.

Posted by Observer Sports on September 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM | Permalink

Comments

the fragile eagles. by week 6 it will be vick at qb and mccoy at rb.

Posted by: John | Sep 14, 2009 12:17:41 PM

All the people complaining about Lewis and Brayton as the culprits, I thought it was Richard Marshalls hit that cracked the rib...

Posted by: Anonymous | Sep 14, 2009 12:34:40 PM

Fragile Eagles? At least we broke a physical element like a rib not had our pride and manhood broken in front of a sold out crowd and millions on TV.

Posted by: Chris | Sep 14, 2009 12:51:44 PM

the fragile Eagles just beat the Panthers into submition and disarray

Posted by: Peter | Sep 14, 2009 12:54:26 PM

I can't believe this was actually under review. Last time I checked this was football, not soccer. I swear the NFL pampers all these freakin QB's so much...its no wonder they get hurt if someone breaths on them. I mean how can you expect a person that weighs 300 lbs. running full speed to stop his motion? It's simple physics. Same with the stupid rule about landing with your full body weight on a QB! Why doesn't the NFL have a class and teach these guys how to fall lightly! Good thing it was McNabb and not Brady or there would be another ridiculous rule implemented to save the almighty QB...oh yeah and the precious $! RIDICULOUS!

Posted by: JW | Sep 14, 2009 1:19:11 PM

Fragile Eagles?? I hope my team stays fragile..38-10...Fragile, haha

Posted by: chris | Sep 14, 2009 2:35:46 PM

kk

Posted by: Life | Sep 14, 2009 2:38:06 PM

Panther Pussies

Posted by: Life | Sep 14, 2009 2:43:56 PM

yes fragile, the panthers are just simply not good, beating us should not make you feel accomplished. its a fact that several eagles already have i'm sure westbrook is one bad hit away from being questionable every week. yes fragile would be the word.

Posted by: John | Sep 14, 2009 2:45:55 PM

Sure gonna be nice watching the cowboys and G-Men stomp the eagles twice this year.

Posted by: Joe Blow | Sep 14, 2009 4:30:52 PM

It was a late hit, and leading with the knee have you even seen it more than once. the Birds get fines out the ying yang for a celebratory end zone thing and Justice gets fines for a helmet to helmet thing on a Westbrook run, and nothing for the cheap shoting Panties. eh, excuse me Panthers

Posted by: lateofphilly | Sep 16, 2009 11:35:53 PM

The defender was traveling along the plane of the goal, slowed down because he wasn't reaching the play, then sped up, veered right, and dove on top of DMac, leading with his knee. He was not tripped.

The player should be suspended, and the entire officiating crew should be fired for letting this happen again.

I'd say I take some solace in the fact that you losers are a sub .500 team for sure, but you're messing with our SB run. This is racist BS, if this happened to Brady it would have been a huge deal.

Posted by: Pete | Sep 17, 2009 1:17:44 PM