« #Panthers WR Muhammad in top stats class with Bruce, Owens, Moss, Holt | Main | About that indoor facility... »

October 14, 2009

#Panthers' Baker NFC special teams player of the week

-- Panthers punter Jason Baker was named the NFC's special teams player of the week. Baker had a net average of 44 yards per punt against the Redskins.

-- The Panthers' injury report from Wednesday's practice is a short one: Running back Jonathan Stewart (Achilles) didn't practice on the soggy field. Limited were: Linebacker James Anderson (concussion), LB Jon Beason (knee), LB Na'il Diggs (ribs), defensive tackle Nick Hayden (toe) and cornerback Captain Munnerlyn (shoulder). -- David Scott

Posted by Observer Sports on October 14, 2009 at 02:08 PM | Permalink

Comments

Short list???? What the hell is up with Stewarts Achilles?

Posted by: Pantherheels | Oct 14, 2009 2:37:12 PM

Has anyone else heard the Brady Quinn coming to the Panthers Rumor? It's at the Carolina Huddle website.

Posted by: Pantherheels | Oct 14, 2009 2:38:14 PM

i would welcome him as he is exactly the kind of QB that would help this franchise. I have followed him through out High school and college. I highly doubt that it will happen though.

Posted by: Tom T Charleston SC | Oct 14, 2009 2:55:01 PM

Brady Quinn wasn't traded. See article below.

With Brady Quinn’s Avon Lake house on the market, the NFL trade deadline Tuesday and Derek Anderson entrenched as the starting quarterback, rumors swirled the last couple of days that Quinn was unhappy and possibly headed out of town.

On Wednesday, Quinn and coach Eric Mangini tried to put those rumors to rest.

“I have not (asked to be traded),” Quinn said. “That’s not my nature. I have talked with the coaches, but not the things that have been speculated on.”

“Brady Quinn is a Cleveland Brown,” Mangini said. “We’re not looking to move Brady Quinn.”

Quinn said his house is for sale because it’s too big. He’s single, doesn’t need a five-bedroom, four-bathroom house and is tired of the upkeep.

“I appreciate the free advertising,” he said. “That is awesome. My house is for sale because I’m looking to downsize. It’s a big house and being a bachelor, I don’t need that much space.

“It is not for any of the reasons that have been written about.”

Posted by: Bayou Panther | Oct 14, 2009 3:11:21 PM

I don't know if it's good or bad that our punter got enough work in to be considered the special teams player of the week. That's almost like bragging that a free safety tallied the most solo tackles in game.

Posted by: Newsinz | Oct 14, 2009 3:12:01 PM

NEWS: Ra’Shon "Sonny" Harris was signed by the Steelers off the Panthers practice squad.

Posted by: Bob | Oct 14, 2009 3:15:10 PM

Stewart doesn't practice on Wednesdays. It's not anything new, it's just precautionary.

Posted by: Authority | Oct 14, 2009 3:50:13 PM

I think it is a good thing they have been resting Stewart all season during practices. He has really been the best running back on the team from a YPC standpoint this year. He could have a breakout game at any time. I think Fox is saving him for late in the season when he will be needed

Posted by: Rod | Oct 14, 2009 10:07:08 PM