« Wednesday's Panthers links | Main | Surgery coming soon for Panthers' LB Davis »

November 18, 2009

C. Johnson doubtful for Dolphins

-- Defensive end Charles Johnson missed another day of practice with a pectoral injury Wednesday and has been listed as doubtful for Thursday's game against the Dolphins.

Safety Charles Godfrey and fullback Brad Hoover, who both continue to recover from ankle injuries, also missed practice and are doubtful.

Running back DeAngelo Williams didn't practice and is listed as questionable. But coach John Fox said Williams was just resting. Running back Jonathan Stewart (Achilles) and defensive tackle Damione Lewis (shoulder) practiced and are also questionable.

-- Defensive end Julius Peppers isn't wearing a cast on his right hand any longer. He played primarily on passing downs on Sunday against Atlanta because of an apparent broken hand. He's practiced all week and isn't on the Panthers injury report for the Dolphins. -- David Scott

Posted by Observer Sports on November 18, 2009 at 01:08 PM | Permalink

Comments

Time for Everette Brown to earn his money .

Posted by: dee gray | Nov 18, 2009 1:30:03 PM

Every week there is another key player is going down. Stop the bleeding please

Posted by: Edawgg | Nov 18, 2009 1:33:52 PM

I like the way E. Brown has developed on his pass rushing but I think we will miss C. Johnson more on run stop. T. Brayton may be able to pick up some of the slack. They try to target that side. Does Johnson play on the side that Davis played on? We move personnel around so much I can't keep track of it.

Posted by: otismlw | Nov 18, 2009 2:11:20 PM

Highly under-rated Lineman. He can play, both, outside and inside. With Peppers playing part-time (due to hand injury), I wonder who is going to step up and slow down the run. The Panthers showed last week that they arent able to stop the run.

Posted by: Turtleman_jr | Nov 18, 2009 2:12:26 PM

Just another excuse for Fox to underachieve and try to remain as coach. Too bad for Johnson he has been developing nicely.

Posted by: Elrod | Nov 18, 2009 2:17:16 PM

Posted by: Curtis | Nov 18, 2009 2:22:43 PM

WHY DOES DAN CONNER NOT GET TO PLAY IN THE GAMES AT ALL. GIVE HIM A CHANCE THE LINEBACKERS LANDON AND ANDERSON HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING THE JOB DONE. CONNERS SHOWED GREAT INTINTS AND DISCIPLINE IN THE PRE-SEASON, SEE WHAT THE MAN CAN DO JOHN FOX.WITH DAVIS OUT YOU NEED THAT NEW BLOOD AND FIRE.

Posted by: kenneth | Nov 18, 2009 2:59:05 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see what Connors can do as well. He has shown he's capable. It just makes you wonder if he's catching on with the playbook as well as the coaching staff had hoped. From the preseason, though, he looked really good. I'm suprized they haven't rotated him in more often.

Posted by: Tarheel_Soldier | Nov 18, 2009 3:14:34 PM

otismlw, what the hell are you talking about? Charles Johnson comes in primarily in obvious passing situations. Last week when he started in place of Pep, the Falcons ran the ball right at him and had lots of success. A lot of that falls on him. And Turtleman_ir, if you paid any attention to the article, you would know that Pep is going to play on all downs this week.

Posted by: Reid | Nov 18, 2009 4:05:16 PM

I hope Pep can go back to playing the way he did a few weeks ago! I'd like to see him dominate Miami.

Posted by: Elizabeth | Nov 18, 2009 4:29:53 PM

Thanks for the correction Reid.

Posted by: otismlw | Nov 18, 2009 4:42:18 PM

Yeah, let's hope Pep can show Jason Taylor how a DE plays. Personally, I like having Martin playing safety rather than Godfrey, and I miss Hoover. Fiammetta plays decent, but can't catch a pass out of the backfield which Hoover was good for every once in a while to catch them off guard.

Posted by: rev | Nov 18, 2009 4:45:34 PM

Umm, sorry, don't know that the crap that snowflake thing is on my post now?

Posted by: rev | Nov 18, 2009 4:45:59 PM

And now it's gone...

Posted by: rev | Nov 18, 2009 4:46:35 PM

Is anyone else JUICED for tomorrow night???

Posted by: JW | Nov 18, 2009 5:02:46 PM

Naw but I plan on being TOASTED.

Posted by: Roger | Nov 18, 2009 5:12:39 PM

I like your style Roger!

Posted by: JW | Nov 18, 2009 5:17:42 PM

WILL JOIN IN THE TOASTEDNESS TOMORROW NIGHT, BUT IM JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSED. LETS GO.

Posted by: HELL YEA | Nov 18, 2009 5:27:00 PM

uh injury god could we please get a break? Please

Posted by: Nick | Nov 18, 2009 8:23:04 PM

our dline has good depth. johnson is the second best pass rusher to thomas davis pep is third. the thomas davis injury really hurt us. We should draft fast hard hitting safetys more and put them at linebacker. You can never have too much speed.

Posted by: g8panther96 | Nov 18, 2009 9:08:35 PM

you rite and i say why not put chris harris at linebacker and move godfrey to strong safety when he comes back.

Posted by: jay | Nov 19, 2009 12:12:42 AM

otismlw, You sure are very opinionated for someone who can't keep track of things. The answer is he plays mostly LE, but does play RE as well.

dee gray, "earn his money," really? You mean $1M/game or his phat rookie contract??

Curtis, THANK YOU!!! --- "Right Elrod...somehow Fox orchestrated the injury to Johnson so he had an excuse to underachieve. That's just brilliant."

Kenneth, I agree about playing Conner, but there is obviously a good reason for it, or he would have been in the mix. My guess would be is that they have him focussing on the middle.

Turtleman_Jr, that was one game and they did have a beast to deal with---at first. The second half, their (other) rusher was not as successful.

rev, I completely agree with you about the FB position.

GO PANTHERS!!!

Posted by: SYRPIS | Nov 19, 2009 6:44:36 AM

Yup love talking about my Panthers! If I am wrong I don't mind getting set straight.

Posted by: otismlw | Nov 19, 2009 11:36:17 AM