« Tuesday's Panthers links | Main | Panthers made LB change, sign Culberson »

December 01, 2009

Watch play on which Jake broke finger

Want to see the play on which Carolina Panthers coach John Fox says Jake Delhomme suffered a broken finger on his right (passing) hand? It's at 2:20 of this highlights package, and is followed by further video of him after the play, directing the offense to the line of scrimmage.

Posted by Observer Sports on December 1, 2009 at 03:05 PM | Permalink

Comments

Wow he looks hurt really bad(not).

John Fox to Delhomme Monday after the game,(fox) "Jake is there anything hurting you at all right now,anything sore annnyything?!" (Jake) "well I did bump my finger on this guys helmet." (fox) "Excellent!"

Posted by: fox has to go!! | Dec 1, 2009 3:21:58 PM

I see nothing............

Posted by: spaceytoyz | Dec 1, 2009 3:40:52 PM

So the real questions is....which reporter has the stones to ask Fox about the truth.

Posted by: aguynamedguy | Dec 1, 2009 3:49:55 PM

You know if the reporters keep badgering me I will start Jake Delhomme out of spite.

Posted by: John Fox | Dec 1, 2009 4:06:08 PM

WTF

Posted by: John Fox | Dec 1, 2009 4:06:27 PM

I have to say I see absolutely nothing on that play or the footage after that play to hint that there is anything wrong with Delhomme's finger at all... You really have to question whether or not the truth is being told here... Fox would not pull Delhomme from the starting job no matter what... he has shown that before. So, if they conjure up this "Broken" finger deal, they both get something... Fox gets to sit Delhomme down and NOT demote him, and Delhomme saves face cause he is "injured" and can't play. A win/win for them... trouble is the fans still lose.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 1, 2009 4:07:08 PM

I've broken a finger four times and in every case, there's no way I could have waved my hand like that immediately following. No way...

Posted by: Bird | Dec 1, 2009 4:15:48 PM

*IF* this is all a fraud (and I'm on the fence right now), why didn't Fox report a "broken finger" weeks ago?

And to those who didn't "see anything" in the video, go back and look at Kemo blowing his ligament out in the preseason video. Do you see anything there, besides him clumsily falling over? My point is, looks can be deceiving. Factor in the angle of the video, Jake's adrenaline, and Fox's reputation for exaggerating injuries...who knows how bad it really is? More importantly, as long as it means Jake is out and Matt is in, who cares?!

Posted by: Newsinz | Dec 1, 2009 4:37:01 PM

@ Newsinz - The fact of the matter is 'someone' is blatantly lying about an injury that didn't happen. Both parties in this are trying to cover their hinies in a deceptive way.

Posted by: The Truth | Dec 1, 2009 4:52:26 PM

Wasnt there a report from the hospital that he has a fracture on the finger? I seem to remember reading that in 1 of these Observer articles.

Posted by: MrBernz | Dec 1, 2009 5:29:40 PM

Fox cannot be FIRED fast enough.

Posted by: Greg Fliehr | Dec 1, 2009 5:36:38 PM

I don't see anything in that video that suggests that Jake broke his finger. He's waving his finger around, putting it on top of his helmet. I didn't even see him shake it like there was a problem with it, or that it was hurting him.

This reeks of a Panther coverup. The best line from that video was when Jake was running to the line pointing a finger in the air, the guy says, "He's saying I got one more interception in me." That is great, and so true.

Posted by: heelatious | Dec 1, 2009 5:39:07 PM

I didn't see that article...

Further, the only thing that scares me is if Moore comes in and plays well, will Fox try and take credit for it to keep his job(devils advocate).

Posted by: fox has to go!! | Dec 1, 2009 5:40:31 PM

I want to know why nobody is outraged at the blatant lie put on here by the sportwriters. You told me I was going to view a "highlight" package when CLEARLY, there are no highlights from the Panthers to show. It's outrageous!!!

Posted by: Curtis | Dec 1, 2009 5:58:52 PM

Wow, I didn't know so many time traveling doctors with super-zoom x-ray vision frequented this site.

Posted by: jeff | Dec 1, 2009 6:24:59 PM

Posted by: jeff | Dec 1, 2009 6:24:59 PM

No need to worry about Moore doing well (and Fox saving his butt) because there's no way Fox lets Moore throw more than 10 passes, and probably never more than a screen pass.

Posted by: Wayne D | Dec 1, 2009 8:50:18 PM

Despite his broken finger Jake is still our guy. He gives us the best chance to win. It is what it is.

Posted by: John Fox | Dec 2, 2009 2:27:43 PM

Fox is a Richard Cranium .

Posted by: dee gray | Dec 3, 2009 4:54:02 PM