« Carolina Panthers links for Thursday | Main | Panthers get four more under contract »

March 26, 2010

Carolina Panthers links for Friday

Friday's Carolina Panthers links:

Where will help for Steve Smith come from? / Charlotte Observer

John Fox not a fan of 3-day draft format / Charlotte Observer

Fox, GM risk jobs on unproven Moore / CBS Sports

With Peppers in fold, Bears shopping Alex Brown / Chicago Tribune

Posted by Observer Sports on March 26, 2010 at 06:25 AM | Permalink

Comments

I agree with the obvious: Smith is a punk. He should be traded, especially after that broke arm (and the series of injuries he has been getting the past couple of seasons). Not to mention, he was pretty much taken out of the equation in the Panthers' last playoff game against the cards a couple of seasons ago. He is still good, but can not do what he used to and is now causing too many problems. He is working hard to be more trouble than he is worth, with that big Bojangles fried chicken eating mouth of his. I think someone should sucker punch him and then the team should trade him in the draft.

And BTW, thanks for letting me back on here after blocking my posts for a couple of months (when all the important things were happening). On that note, I read some posts and there are some serious ignaramouses commenting in this forum. And the reporting has been dispicable (as usual). Show me any one team that his hit with all of their draft picks and I will show the rest of the world a flat out liar, becuase there is no such thing. Now compare their drafting (lately) with the other franchises. I would put it in the top ten comparatively.

Anyway, Fox will be gone, and I'm pretty sure he will be thankful for it. He will be a FA next season and will have the ability to pick the team he wants (if there is no lockout). He also is already a millionare, by the way, and can retire if he so chooses. He seems to have too much passion and love for the game to do that, so I don't see that in the near future for him. He said, in his first press conference of the season (with the Jake exodus) that some of things in the media were true. I am pretty sure he meant what I was writing. :)

Posted by: SYRPIS | Mar 26, 2010 10:07:47 AM

Sorry guys, I was drunk and I realized how stupid I am

Posted by: SYPRIS | Mar 26, 2010 10:27:52 AM

These are a couple of previous posts they would not allow to go through...

Morton says the Panthers are gonna bring Jake back as a starter this year. I see that you are trying to slip in talks for such a thing, Chucky. A third and First for Moore, eh? Not worth it, even if the Panthers managed to get Bradford with that first rounder. The Panthers can win with Moore as a starter next year. When is the last time a rookie QB (with high expectations) took his team to the playoffs?
And Jake has been done for years. JAKE CAN STILL BE A BOJANGLES BILLBOARD AS A BACKUP! In fact, he would be much more valuable to the organization as a backup for the next two seasons. Now, whether the team is willing to pay him as much as he is getting for that position, or whether Jake would actually swallow his pride at least once to take a paycut and demotion to stay on this team (and keep playing in the NFL at all) is a whole other matter.
GO FOX!! COME ON PANTHERS!!!
Posted by: SYRPIS | February 17, 2010 at 09:02 AM

And dump Poopers, with or without trade compensation, and get Kampman in here. Imagine a pass rush that featured Charles Johnson, Tyler Brayton, Everette Brown and Aaron Kampman!
All that would be missing is trading Poopers for a top draft pick to get Suh. It's a shame real life doesn't play out like Madden.
Regardless, even without Kampman or Poopers (and Suh, of course) on the roster, as long as Moore is on the roster and a starter (unless a FA beats him out) then this team will have the chance to come out blazing and go all the way next season. With an aging WR corp, it has to be next season though.
GO PANTHERS!!!
Posted by: SYRPIS | February 17, 2010 at 09:27 AM

Looking back, I agree with my predictions. Kampman unfortunately went to Jacksonville and obviously we will not be getting someone like Suh in the draft. That being said, there are still servicable FA DEs available and the draft is deep enough to add another pass rusher. Also, Jarrett is going to surprise many people (from what I have been reading, even in magazines) and the draft is also somewhat deep (at least where the cats will be be picking) at that position.

On a sidenote (something I have not already mentioned), the DT position will be fine. Leanord was up-and-coming before his injury and Tyler seemd to do fairly well as the season went on. Also, don't count out Irvin or Hayden. Throw in a couple of big bodies in the mix for the sake of competition, and they will be stacked come traning camp.

Also, their LB corp is looking great, espcially with Anderson stepping up at the end of the season. The DB's are set! The offensive line has depth and is still completely intact (since their is come continuity with the backups for the vacant RG spot that will be filled by one of them). Tyler Sutton is still somehow underrated (because butt-wipe reports like Gnatt, Chuck and the rest of the hacks want to do the popluar thing, ensure their paycheck and focus on the negative), Double-Trouble ('nough said there), and then Goodson can still serve as a project. Fiametta did get better as the season progressed, but I wouldn't mind bringing someone in for competition, if not anything else. At TE, King has been solid and Barnidge has been living up to expectations when given the opportunity. That leaves Rosario, who can be dominating if he gets consistent with his production (and seemed to do much better with Moore at the helm, btw).

That leaves the highly publicized glaring need for two positions. The depth at QB does need to be addressed and that would be top priority. Next is WR, but Jarrett will step up, and if Smith can quit being himself (and stop being a punk) can be a great asset. Charly Martin also has speed and may push for a spot as a slot receiver. But, naturally, it would be great to address this position as well. After that, other additions will that help upgrade the team will just be a bonus.

Posted by: SYRPIS | Mar 26, 2010 10:40:01 AM

Just proofread my post (after posting it) and see how this can become a NAACP thing. For all you racists out there (wether it's "white man's burden" or sensitive African-America) who are pretending not to be racist--- my Smith eating Bojangles fried chicken comment was referring to this...

And BTW, I was the one who first commented on the absudity (and how halarious it was) of Smith doing a commercial like this to begin with. At least it was entertaining though, much unlike that "just asking" embarressment. I can't wait for the Smith thing to be over. If you ask me, they missed one in this youth movement (but really didn't have any younger guys on the roster to take his spot, unfortunately). COME ON JARRETT!!! Lock up the other spot so this organization can move on already!!!

Posted by: SYRPIS | Mar 26, 2010 11:27:33 AM

HOW CAN A PERSON SOUND REASONABLY INTELLIGENT ONE MINUTE AND SO STUPID THE NEXT

Posted by: lookin4dlight | Mar 26, 2010 1:22:15 PM

Dude,
You really need a girlfriend/hobby/playstation3. There is no real reason to have THAT much to say about something you have NO control over. if you were THAT important, you'd find some other outlet for your opinions.

Sincerely,
PFiMD

Posted by: Panther Fan in MD | Mar 26, 2010 1:42:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing, PFiMD! That guy seriously needs to get a life.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 26, 2010 2:27:41 PM