« Jarrett released (Update: Clowney claimed) | Main | Williams, Smith sit out Wednesday practice »

October 06, 2010

Carolina Panthers links for Wednesday

Wednesday's Carolina Panthers links:

Panthers cut Dwayne Jarrett after second DWI arrest / Observer

Fowler: It's about time Panthers gave up on Jarrett / Observer

Panthers' probems on third down start earlier / Observer

Panthers cut Jarrett, claim Clowney / Gaston Gazette

Cutting Jarrett a statement by Richardson / ESPN

Peppers braces for return to home state / Chicago Sun-Times

Bears should worry about Cutler's safety / Sun-Times

Bears cut DE Anderson, sign DE Grant / Chicago Tribune

Posted by Observer Sports on October 6, 2010 at 07:38 AM | Permalink

Comments

The release of Jarret is in NO WAY a statement from the Big Cat. We are still waiting for a statement concerning the Panthers direction.

Posted by: Al | Oct 6, 2010 8:16:59 AM

Why do the new articles ask me to sign in to a disqus crap to post a comment? I will not be registering for anything new. Good luck geting comments now.....

Posted by: MrBernz | Oct 6, 2010 8:38:26 AM

I believe the Panthers made their statement about the direction they want to go. Hurney said theyre going young & using the draft. Would it be any more clear if Richardson said it too?

Posted by: MrBernz | Oct 6, 2010 8:47:34 AM

"Peppers said he didn't leave Carolina of his own accord. The Panthers decided to go in another direction and made his decision to leave easy."
What a load of fertilizer! Maybe Peppers needs to go back to Chapel Hill for some of Butch Davis' special tutoring.

Posted by: dbigcat | Oct 6, 2010 8:51:37 AM

randy moss to the vikings for a 3rd round pick????!!! Why couldnt the panthers pick him up?? our 3rd round pick is probobly gonna be worth more anyways!

Posted by: Ian | Oct 6, 2010 10:43:26 AM

Because that would require the Panthers to be aggressive, which is something that they REFUSE to do. As a franchise they play not to lose. It would be nice if they planned to WIN.

Posted by: Al | Oct 6, 2010 10:59:23 AM

Hey this is NO B.S...Jay Glazer was on "The Herd" a few minutes ago saying the Patriots may be after Steve Smith!

Posted by: hellfish | Oct 6, 2010 11:59:14 AM

Yea, thats what we need. The one and only true playmaker left on this team to go. I am ready to throw up. Somebody shoot me Please!!

What is going on around here? I feel like I went to sleep, then woke up and its the 2002 1-15 panthers again. This is B.S. Somebody please have the desire put a winning team with the right leadership on the field.

Posted by: Chuck | Oct 6, 2010 12:35:44 PM

Posted by: Chuck | Oct 6, 2010 12:35:44 PM

@ Ian and Al

Moss wouldn't make a difference with the suspect play calling y'all have. Him along Smith would look even more average.

If you 2 can do a better job, how about y'all apply for the GM job? How hard is that to do?

Moss is 33 now, since next year is a lockout, he will be 35 when football resumes. So he still worth a fucking 3rd round pick? Bad enough your team traded next year 2nd for AE.

The Panther wnet 1-15 in 2001, seems like nobody knows anything about there team? lol just joking.

Posted by: mark smith | Oct 6, 2010 3:13:27 PM