« Veteran QBs on trade market (whenever it opens) | Main | Rivera: Clausen got too much blame »

March 21, 2011

VIDEOS: Blaine Gabbert pro day workout

Video of Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert's pro day workout:

Posted by Observer Sports on March 21, 2011 at 01:55 PM | Permalink

Comments

The only thing he did well was throw short and medium range passes. Almost all of his long range passes the recievers had to slow down or stop and turn around. That will get picked off in the NFL. Everytime.

But I will hand it to his agent though. He did what he was supposed to do, but Tom Condon is a snake anyway.

Posted by: j johnson | Mar 21, 2011 2:19:19 PM

Posted by: SkinsFanAgain | Mar 21, 2011 2:25:33 PM

Tom Condon is sure one heck of a agent, he has all of the connections with the so called experts. Funny how they don't expose his flaws like they do Newton, Mallet, Locker and many other. The only thing they question was deep ball accuracy, he sure has many more issues than that.

The experts want to downplayed the other Qb's to make Gabber look even better. Having us believe he is nfl ready, please. He needs to sit and learn, instead of being thrown into the wolves.

Only if Luck didn't stay in school, would Gabbert be consider the #1 overall pick? No or a top 5 pick? Idk.

Anybody can look good throwing in shorts/t-shirts. I wish future prospect wear full pads on pro-days. Along have DEnds rush the Qb and see how they do under the pressure, also how accurate they are with db's covering their receivers.

Posted by: jerome | Mar 21, 2011 2:28:41 PM

"I like this kid a lot. If I were Marty Hurney & Co., I'd have it down to Gabbert, Dareus and Peterson. If I can find a veteran QB to let Gabbert sit behind, then I'm taking him."

How many Dt's seleted in the top 5 had panned in the nfl? Not many.

CB can easily be taken out of the game by not throwing his way. Before you say he can return kick/punts, how many teams waist their 1st pick for a guy to kick/punt return? Gabbert is sure working his way up from unheard prospect to #1 overall pick.

I give him credit with compelteing 44 passes with D2 receivers. But to call it outstanding is going overboard.

Posted by: oh wow | Mar 21, 2011 2:32:27 PM

When was the last time the #1 overall sat and learn? Not since Palmer in 03 and Russell in 07, due to no contract. There's no franchise Qb in this yr draft, heck I take a player who can play rightaway.

Posted by: oh wow | Mar 21, 2011 2:33:51 PM

There's no purpose to draft a Qb, when he won't even be given a playbook. Meet with coaches etc etc. So he won't even make much of an impact until yr 2.

Posted by: mark j | Mar 21, 2011 2:35:13 PM

Someone asked, "How many DT's taken in the top 5 haven't panned out?" Actually, walterfootball.com's Matt McGuire pointed out last year that 1st round DT's have a higher bust rate than QB's. One season is a little early to judge Shu and McCoy from last years draft, but the only other DT drafted in the top 5, over the last 4 years is Glenn Dorsey, and though he isn't a bust, he certainly hasn't played up to expectations/

Posted by: DaMan | Mar 21, 2011 4:24:47 PM

Why has no one commented on that crazy little hop/skip, or jump/skip as he threw the ball on several of his passes?

Posted by: DaMan | Mar 21, 2011 4:28:12 PM

Wish I could see more than 3 passes!

Posted by: Jimbo | Mar 21, 2011 8:23:32 PM

i heard the bengals haven taken the bait. when the draft starts they will announce the bengals are on the clock! Carolina has switched pick 1 for 4 for future considerations and an other pick. future considerations is carson palmer. WR from georgia coming in for a visit is the pick.

Posted by: joe cool | Mar 21, 2011 8:55:03 PM