« James Anderson the latest injured LB | Main | Panthers add Cam Newton to injury report »

November 11, 2011

'Reason for optimism' about Anderson's status for Sunday

Linebacker James Anderson is listed as questionable for the Panthers' game Sunday against Tennessee as he continues to recover from an ankle injury.

However, head coach Ron Rivera said today there's "reason for optimism" regarding Anderson's availability against the Titans. Anderson's status will be re-evaluated again Saturday.

The injury news wasn't as good for running back Mike Goodson, who is doubtful with a lingering hamstring issue.

Also, linebacker Jason Phillips has been ruled out Sunday due to a calf injury.

After mentioning how sharp the Panthers were after returning from their break on Monday, Rivera said he sensed an anxiousness in his team in its Friday practice.

"We had a real good Wednesday. Thursday was pretty good. (Friday) we were anxious. You could tell we were anxious," Rivera said.

"It's been a while. The energy was there you could tell but it was let's do something energy. That's good and bad in my opinion. You never really know."

-- Ron Green Jr.

Posted by Observer Sports on November 11, 2011 at 01:35 PM | Permalink

Comments

this team was always flat with fox after a week off!

Posted by: joe cool | Nov 11, 2011 4:30:31 PM

Oh James, when you go out to play on Sunday, just don't get hurt. I know all the Panthers Linebackers are delicate flowers.

Posted by: Mike Ditka | Nov 11, 2011 5:18:42 PM

Houston Oilers aka Tennessee Titans and their vet All Pro QB Hasselbeck will kill the Carolina Pansies. Too bad the Pansies dont have an All Pro vet QB on their roster too.

Correction: The Carolina team do have an All Pro vet QB on their roster proven winner who is only 28 yrs old and much better and bigger.

Apparently in Pansieland its much more important to lose all your games as long as the scammer rook is halfway decent and makes a lot of yards while flying his make believe airplane thinking hes superman and exciting fans.

Posted by: pansieland | Nov 12, 2011 9:23:02 AM

Pansieland!!! YOU are what you call yourself!LOL! One Pro Bowl year doesn't make a QB! You need to do a little research B4 you open your trap!Rather have Cam & his rookies recods than a washed up QB via Seattle that has maybe one more year in him!! Why did they get rid of your QB if he was so good? Why isn't Anderson starting for the Panthers if he is so good. DA has more career INTs than TDs. Have you checked is QB rating for each year? Not very good & overall QB rating. Don't get me wrong; I like DA or any1 on Panthers roster! He is also a fumbling machine.Cam has better running ability!

Posted by: panfan1 | Nov 12, 2011 10:56:36 AM

Correction: I'm a loser who enjoys trashing his opponents message board with filthy ignoramus commentary because I've got nothing better to do ,and my titans have pretty much always sucked.. my team doesn't really have a future like yours, but we're temporarily better than you because we beat 4 crappy teams this year with a journey man vet all pro QB 7 years ago and we lost to the Jaguars in week 1 ..

Furthermore, I'm quite jealous of scamm and if he were on my team you'd see me talk about how awesome he is , best rookie QB season in the history of the NFL. I'm a jealous hater who has a journey man @ QB and an overrated RB and shitty team so I have to come on here and trash yours, what can I say ?

Posted by: pansieland is an idiot | Nov 12, 2011 10:56:43 AM

That explains yourself pansieland! All is forgiven!

Posted by: panfan1 | Nov 12, 2011 10:58:44 AM

DONT FIGHT ABOUT ALL THIS STUFF---AIRPLANE BOY WILL B GROUNDED SOON---HE HAS NO CLUE ON HOW TO SLIDE--RUNNING QB'S IN THIS LEAGUE DO NOT LAST--LOOK OUT IR HEAR HE COMES

Posted by: DOUG | Nov 12, 2011 11:57:56 AM

Bizarre you should say that, Joe. They were 6-3 after the bye under Fox, including one of the two wins for that awful team Richardson threw on the field last year. But hey, Fox haters: NEVER let facts get in the way of your argument.

pansie, I'm not sure what you're going for. Neither Hasselbeck nor Anderson were ever All-Pros.

Posted by: Michael Procton | Nov 12, 2011 6:21:54 PM

He's talking about Derek Anderson as the all pro. I don't see James as a pansie. Dude get off the forum.

Posted by: James | Nov 12, 2011 6:54:07 PM

Time for the Network to change Panthers Huddle from Sports, Football. With head coach John Fox. Series, Talk. To Panthers Huddle, Sports, Football. With Head Coach Ron Rivera. Series, Talk. Make it happen network or Panthers organization. It is week 10 now. GO PANTHERS!!!

Posted by: PanthersFanD1 | Nov 12, 2011 7:08:48 PM