« Done with finals, Newton back in Charlotte | Main | Tryout players a necessity under new CBA »

May 07, 2013

Storify: John Kasay's retirement news conference

John Kasay signed a one-day contract with the Carolina Panthers on Tuesday so that he could retire a Panther. His retirement news conference, as told by Twitter.

Posted by Observer Sports on May 7, 2013 at 01:23 PM | Permalink

Comments

Is there a pic of him next to our SB trophy? Oh wait, that's right, there isn't a trophy........ Awesome job John and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: thetruth | May 7, 2013 1:32:02 PM

And to all of you "JK" supporters, he is absolutely the reason for losing the one and only SB appearance for Carolina. Yeah yeah he won a ton of games for us but lost the most important one. Sure there were other areas/plays that led to the Pay Cheat Uts kicking the FG to win, but Kasey put that inevitable wheel in motion. Football is a game of momentum. His ill-timed debauchery deflated the entire "swing" of momentum for the Panthers. You can slice it all you want and praise all the winning kicks he has made, but at the end of the day and as such as is in life, you are not judged on the 100 good things you do, it's the one wrong thing you did. That is life folks, like it or not, Kasey was the reason for our ultimate demise in the SB. So, yay, great for him to retire as a Panther! [insert sarcasm] And before you blast me about my point of view and opinion, it's just that, an opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Live with it!

Posted by: thetruth | May 7, 2013 1:37:09 PM

I also have an inferiority complex to go with my below average penis size.

Posted by: thetruth | May 7, 2013 1:51:11 PM

I divorced my wife because she burnt the hamburgers. I said medium well!

Posted by: thetruth | May 7, 2013 2:41:23 PM

Kasay was not the reason we lost the SuperBowl at all.....All of you are so quick to forget Ricky Manning, Jr and the gazillion times Brady abused him on the final drive down the field.

Posted by: Ryan | May 7, 2013 2:42:55 PM

Kasay didn't lose us that Super Bowl, John Fox did by calling that timeout before the TD pass to Proehl & leaving too much time on the clock for Brady to move the ball. Start on the 4 or the 40, as tired as the D was, a high school team would've scored on them. Anyone who thinks otherwise knows nothing about football.

Posted by: Jon | May 7, 2013 2:54:39 PM

all Peppers had to do was sack Brady one time on a Third down to stop one scoring drive!Never let Peppers off the hook!

Posted by: joe cool | May 7, 2013 3:06:16 PM

Do you get paid for a one day contract? If so, sign me up!

Posted by: Jeff Otah | May 7, 2013 3:45:23 PM

Love and thanks for all the great games and performances on and off the field.
We love you and your family.
God bless,
Miss Elva & Mr. Pete

Posted by: pete & elva mills | May 8, 2013 8:39:44 AM

To the douchebag who chose to use my moniker, your wife seems to like my penis size just fine! See I can be flippant in response to someone/something I don't agree with. This is fun!

Posted by: thetruth | May 8, 2013 12:41:04 PM

kasay is a saint in every possible way....

Posted by: Scott | May 8, 2013 6:45:08 PM