« Mike Shula: We want Cam's comfort level at the highest it's ever been | Main | Rivera confirms interest in Mikell »

June 26, 2013

Panthers report to training camp July 25, and other important preseason dates

For Panthers fans, the dog days of Spartanburg are less than a month away.

The Carolina Panthers released their training camp schedule Wednesday afternoon, and the team will report to Wofford College on Thurs., July 25.

The team will hold its first practice the following day, which will also be the Back to Football Party.

Training camp will end Aug. 13, and between dates the Panthers will hold Fan Fest at Bank of America Stadium (Aug. 3) and play their first preseason game at home against the Chicago Bears (Aug. 9).

The coaching staff will trim the roster from 90 players to 75 on Aug. 27, and the final 53-man roster must be made by Aug. 31 before the regular season kicks off Sept. 8 at home against Seattle.

As always, the training camp practice sessions are free and open to the public. Click here for more information.

--Jonathan Jones

Posted by Observer Sports on June 26, 2013 at 05:21 PM | Permalink

Comments

Time for the Panthers to SHUT UP A PLAY. If they are going to proclaim how good/great they are going to be then like the old saying goes, PUT UP or SHUT UP!

Posted by: vinny_57 | Jun 27, 2013 9:42:48 AM

Why don't you just plain SHUT UP, vinny.

Posted by: pland67 | Jun 27, 2013 7:18:47 PM

I'm kind of with Vinny on this. I think it's time they start putting W's up and stop talking about it. They've been talking about it for three years now, and I'm honestly just ready for them to get to the playoffs if nothing else. I'd love to see them go all the way, but at least make the post season this year!!!

Posted by: Elliott | Jun 28, 2013 10:28:28 AM

The Wofford College training camp is a really nice trip for Panthers fans of any age. Last summer, I took my safely retired self, my grown son, and his 12 year old son to Spartanburg for three days of football, movies, dinner-out, and just touristy stuff. Be prepared for some pretty warm weather--sunscreen, a beach umbrella, and a cooler of cold non-alcoholic drinks are advised. Autograph hunting gear (also available on site) adds to the memories.

Posted by: Caliban | Jun 30, 2013 4:07:55 AM

Thanks Caliban, I too am retired and have been thinking of attending the Panthers training camp. Your comments are appreciated. It will give me a chance to see for myself and be able to make "informed" comments when in discussions with other so called experts!!Yippee! Love them Panthers!!

Posted by: Paul | Jul 3, 2013 8:34:26 AM

Cam & Rivera's farewell tour ,so lets get this train wreck over with ,and let Gettleman get his coach & QB.

Posted by: Soulja Boi | Jul 4, 2013 11:08:57 AM

I agree with SB lets get ready for 6-10 ,7-9 again. I said how could it get worse under Fox? Well it did see ya Cam and Rivera.

Posted by: Panthers1995 | Jul 6, 2013 10:56:06 AM

If you are not a fan..... get off the site....

Posted by: Binton | Jul 8, 2013 2:14:14 PM

Disappointed that just about every practice is at 9:15 or 2:30. Hard for many to take off from work. I will miss the early evening practices. My guess is that attendance will suffer as a result.

Posted by: Dan | Jul 9, 2013 10:31:56 AM

give it a rest guys! CAM is going to be fine & RIVERA will show in time that he is a very solid coach. you cant just run people out of town after two seasons. look around the NFL history & youll see.

Posted by: jimmy holmes | Jul 9, 2013 1:07:09 PM