March 14, 2014
Panthers talk to Ryan Clark
The Panthers could be swapping safeties with Pittsburgh.
After losing free safety Mike Mitchell to the Steelers in free agency this week, the Panthers have had preliminary talks with former Steelers safety Ryan Clark, a league source said Friday.
Clark, who turns 35 in October, is coming off a 104-tackle season last year. He was selected to the Pro Bowl after the 2011 and 2012 seasons, when the Steelers had the league's No. 1 defense overall and versus the pass.
Clark has started at least 14 games each of the past six seasons. He has 15 career interceptions.
The Panthers brought New Orleans free agent safety Roman Harper in for a visit this week, although he left without a contract.
Posted by Observer Sports on March 14, 2014 at 04:54 PM | Permalink
Sign him now to a one year deal
Posted by: Jon | Mar 14, 2014 5:01:03 PM
Just sign anyone we have heard of.
Posted by: wcpf78 | Mar 14, 2014 5:04:57 PM
Clark would be a lot better than Harper, but he is probably only a one year solution.
Posted by: PantherFAN89 | Mar 14, 2014 5:05:26 PM
I'd be happy if they just signed someone. (Other than Roman Harper, he's a scumbag)
Posted by: Mike W | Mar 14, 2014 5:09:09 PM
It don't matter whom we sign, we going to suck anyway!!! LOST MOST OF OUR STARTERS ON OFFENSE INCLUDING SMITH, NO RECEIVERS, NO LEFT TACKLE, NO CORNERBACKS, NO SAFETY, DAMN, WE HAVE TO PLAY THE BROWNS,STEELERS,VIKINGS,SEAHWAKS,EAGLES,SAINTS,FALCONS,BUCS,BEARS,LIONS,PACKERS,RAVENS AND BENGALS!!!! SOUNDS LIKE A 2-14 OR 3-13 RECORD THIS YEAR!!! I CANT WAIT TILL JERRY RICHARDSON TO ANOTHER OWNER THAT GIVES A DAMN AND PUT THE RIGHT PEOPLE,GM,AND HEAD COACH IN POSITION!!! WE NEED MARK CUBAN TO BUY US PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Will Brown | Mar 14, 2014 5:20:52 PM
so smith is too old and we're talking to ryan clark?
dude is blowing up a 12-4 team.
Posted by: charlottean | Mar 14, 2014 6:09:17 PM
People complained all of last year about how bad our O-line, secondary, and receivers were. 4/5 of our O-Line starters are returning, and the only reason our secondary had any kind of success at all was because of the play of our front seven, which is completely intact. Our receivers sucked last year, and none of them that were lost are irreplaceable, including Smith. Also, our best receiver, who is really a TE, is returning. CHIILL everyone.
Posted by: PantherFAN89 | Mar 14, 2014 6:36:39 PM
Our oline was so called bad, because Cam held onto the ball too long!
Posted by: FU mike shula | Mar 14, 2014 10:00:29 PM
yeah cool let's cut a 35 yr old superstar for a 35 year old nobody. it sounds like a great deal to me. #newyorkgiantssouth
Posted by: alex woods | Mar 15, 2014 12:32:03 AM
Well the young Panthers have to step up and show they can play and take no SHIT! WEBB have to step or TAVARRES KING OR KEALAHA PILARES OR MARVIN MC NUTT OR TONEY CLEMONS OR BRENTON BERRSIN THESE ARE NEW (WR). WHO going to be the Man for the PANTHERS AND TAKE STEVE SMITH PLACE IT OPEN. or the pick from the draft. coaches say that all these player can play. We will see 2014 MAKE THE FAN SMILE!
Posted by: ROB | Mar 15, 2014 12:43:12 AM
I like the move. But, what are they doing? Cutting Steve and not replacing him? I thought the would sign a guy like Hakeem Nicks or Eric Decker. I think if you sign him to a one year deal he will be productive.
Posted by: Austin | Mar 15, 2014 3:25:45 PM
Name says it all defense did most the work last year
Posted by: fuckoffense | Mar 17, 2014 11:25:46 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.