« Steve Smith signs with the Ravens | Main | Charlotte native Hakeem Nicks will sign with the Colts »

March 14, 2014

Storify: Steve Smith introduced by Ravens

Steve Smith's introductory news conference with the Ravens:

Posted by Observer Sports on March 14, 2014 at 06:16 PM | Permalink

Comments

Giv'em hell Smitty! Will be pulling for you every week...including when you play Can't Newton and the housecats.

Posted by: OTW | Mar 14, 2014 6:27:45 PM

He played this out perfectly for max dollars next year. Don't think Panthers had a choice on this happening without similar deal and cap wouldn't allow it.

Posted by: Sports don | Mar 14, 2014 7:07:29 PM

Steve smith Baltimore ravens jersey will be the first jersey I buy that is not a panthers jersey, well technically it's not panthers, in my eyes it's a jersey of a true panther. This way I stay supporting Steve smith and none of the money goes to the panthers pockets, it goes to the ravens instead. That's the type of stuff that will get ownership's attention about how displeased and annoyed the fan base are. One last thing, I love how gettleman said he had to take emotion out of decision making yet he clearly had a personal problem with him to think he was distraction and it was purely emotional. Not an ounce of football logic makes sense with this move.

Posted by: Bashar | Mar 14, 2014 7:32:14 PM

biggest payday in S Smith's career. He's getting paid by two teams on Sunday's. After he catches 2 TD's against us next year I hope he walks up to Gentleman on the sidelines and says, "thx for the motivation and double pay day boss"

this had nothing to do with the Cap, this move didn't do anything to materially help our cap prob's. we still have to pay him and he still counts against our cap next year

stupid.....

Posted by: Smitty's Wife | Mar 14, 2014 8:11:26 PM

Tough parting ways but Smittys now a Raven next season and I'm a Panther fan. Buckle that chin strap up extra tight when we come to town.

Posted by: HoggMolly | Mar 14, 2014 8:29:14 PM

Did you watch the Panthers this season? Offense was horrible! Defense got us to the playoffs! Cam had maybe 4-5 good games against average defenses. I admit Mike Shula shares a lot of the blame. The run game would start gaining traction and Mike Shula would have Cam pass all three downs, then punt. And yes I do know more football than most fans and probaly some players. So, go F yourself Floyd!

Posted by: gz | Mar 14, 2014 9:54:37 PM

Congratulations, Steve! The Ravens just became my 2nd favorite team. I hope the Panthers beat them this year, but it's okay by me if you get 3 TDs and 5 outstanding blocks just so you can airmail the game ball to David Gettleman. Thank you for your time here. : )

Posted by: Renny | Mar 14, 2014 10:19:51 PM

Steve, good luck bro, get your ring.

Posted by: John Blaze | Mar 14, 2014 10:57:56 PM

I don't care about Steve Smith anymore....he's not a Panther. He's on another team, whoopee doo.......

Posted by: RealPantherFan | Mar 14, 2014 11:58:41 PM

Smitty is embracing being a Raven now and is focused on next season. I'll do the same so buckle that chin strap extra tight son. Its no fun being on the business end of a Thomas Davis hit.

Posted by: HoggMolly | Mar 15, 2014 8:57:01 AM

I''ll be sportin a Steve Smith Baltimore jersey this year at the Panther's games this season. I never thought I'd EVER wear another team's jersey. Much love Smitty. Hope you kill it this year in MD.

Posted by: Jen Catoe | Mar 15, 2014 10:53:26 PM

I love smutty to but to root against your own team get the he'll off the fan base flickers

Posted by: fuckoffense | Mar 17, 2014 11:20:01 PM