Five quick opinions, because opinions are more interesting than facts:
(1) I think Jimmie Johnson wins the NASCAR championship. Be a fool to pick against him. But if he doesn't, Kurt Busch does. Busch is the most underrated of the elite drivers.
(2) How about my Wolfpack? I hear regularly from N.C. State fans that think I'm out to get them. You know, like I wake up in the morning and think, I can't stand the Wolfpack. If I wake up thinking about a college football or basketball team, my life is a sham and a waste and no longer worth leading. Quarterback Russell Wilson was outstanding. The ACC needs a jolt. Why not him? Why not his team?
(3) Dreamed about North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams. Hey, don't look at me like that. It's not as if we were wrestling.
He was sitting in a small room at the end of a narrow hallway. The Tar Heels had just lost to somebody they weren't supposed to. I was at the front of the hallway and asked him a question. A North Carolina public relations guy, somebody I've never seen before, shook his head at the question, at how dumb it was, and Roy told me how dumb it was. I was flustered, flummoxed and turning red. But I didn't want to give the floor up to somebody who might ask him why his players didn't quit. Yet I couldn't think of a question. So I asked, "Why do this?" And he said, "Why do what?" I said, "Why try, why play, what's the point when you perform like this?" Now, this really was a dumb question and the PR guy shook his head slowly and Williams told me how dumb I was and I turned as red as Sidney Lowe's N.C. State tomato sports coat. But no matter how stupid I sounded, I kept asking questions. Then I woke up.
The moral of my dream was threefold: Ask good questions, never give up and don't have eggplant for dinner ever again.
(4) I have a program from the New York Giants-Carolina game last week, the first at New Meadowlands Stadium. If you're a Giants' fan, and not some greedball who will sell it on eBAY, you can have it. Email me.
(5) If you don't own a bike, mountain or street, this is the kind of day that will convince you to buy one. Freedom is two wheels.